18 replies to this topic

#1 cr00d

cr00d

old school

• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Title says it all.

Looks like he wont have to return after a set amount of games either, like Jarnkrok.

EDIT: Source is @DRWProspects on twitter, as well as Malik at kuklaskorner

Edited by cr00d, 09 April 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#2 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yep, Jokerit bombed out of the playoffs, after finishing the SM-liiga season in #1. Surprised he didn't get here two weeks ago when that happened. 

#3 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Nice... Hopefully he can start producing early

#4 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Here's to hoping for a long playoff run for GR

#5 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm curious to see what he's able to do.  I generally think shooters do better at crossing the pond than playmakers, so he should be ok there.  But it's a faster game than it is there, and from what I hear he'll not the best skater in the world. 

It'll be fun to watch though. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#6 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Supposedly, Richard Nedomlel & Alexei Marchenko are also in GR right now too.  Nedomlel on amateur tryout evidently.

Edited by ogreslayer, 09 April 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#7 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Supposedly, Richard Nedomlel & Alexei Marchenko are also in GR right now too.  Nedomlel on amateur tryout evidently.

Nedomlel signed an ELC a few days ago, though it doesn't kick in until next season. He and Paterson are with GR on tryouts. Hadn't heard anything on Marchenko.

Things could certainly be interesting in GR next year, adding Sproul, Ouellet, Nedomlel, and Marchenko on D, and Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Frk, and Tvrdon up front.

#8 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

More on the new faces in GR:

http://www.mlive.com..._medium=twitter

Marchenko is only there to practice, won't see any game action.

#9 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Glad to see this. They all need 2-3 years to adjust and get better. get that clock going.....

#10 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

I hope we get all of the players we control signed and playing in the minors by next season. We have 2 minor league teams-46 roster positions, fill them up! Let's find out what we truely have/don't have. If all these guys are signed, then you can start building some line combo's so they can develop together.

#11 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Glad to see this. They all need 2-3 years to adjust and get better. get that clock going.....

Over-ripen these superstars!

#12 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

The future is on it's way everyone!!
Love reading this kind of news.

#13 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think Jarnkrok is <1-1 year away.

#14 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

I hope we get all of the players we control signed and playing in the minors by next season. We have 2 minor league teams-46 roster positions, fill them up! Let's find out what we truely have/don't have. If all these guys are signed, then you can start building some line combo's so they can develop together.

We won't be too far off from the look of it. I believe Backman will be the only one left in Europe. We have a couple kids who have to go back to the CHL, and a few in college.

Pretty much the entire Griffins roster next year could be made up of kids with NHL potential.

#15 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

We won't be too far off from the look of it. I believe Backman will be the only one left in Europe. We have a couple kids who have to go back to the CHL, and a few in college.

Pretty much the entire Griffins roster next year could be made up of kids with NHL potential.

The Griffins should be loaded with our top prospects next year shouldn't they?  They already got Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen.  I thought someone said on here that Backman was coming over next year??  Jurco is in his 1st season, Ferraro is getting better, Mrazek has been great this year, Marchenko and Nedomlel hopefully, Sheahan's still there along with Almqvist and Callahan.  I'm hoping that Sproul and Ouellet will be there, and McKee would be nice to scout as well.  I for one am excited and will likely get the AHL type Gamecentre that someone on here brought to my attention last week and watch every Wings and Griffins game all FULL season long.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#16 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

The negative is, if GR and Tol are heavily loaded with  19, 20, 21 year olds, those teams will struggle. But no one really cares if you win Calders, they care about SC's.

#17 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Nice happy for the kid, hopefully he can adjust well to the NA style.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#18 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

How do you think Holland will adjust the Wings roster in the offseason with this in mind? Do you leave a little more room for kids to be brought up, instead of filling spots with old veterans? 

I guess you can always waive said veteran if need be. 

#19 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

Frk. Jarnkrok Jurco
Ferraro Sheahan. Pulkkinen
Tvrdon. Aubry Callahan.
Coetzee. Quine. ( a good AHL vet)

Sproul. Ouellett
Almquist. Billins
Nicastro. Marchenko
Nedomlel

Mrazek
(One of our many G prospects)

My only questions are who they will send to Toledo? You have to believe the higher ups in Toledo want to keep Coetzee and Nestrasil, and they probably will get to with the latter. If GR signs a AHL vet defenseman (and they probably should) Nedomlel or Almquist may be on their way down too. GR should think about a veteran goalie as well to mentor Mrazek. If that happens, Toledo should have one of the goalie prospects too. They could be pretty stacked next year.

Anasthasio, Backman, Jensen are in the mix too.

Edited by achildr1, 11 April 2013 - 06:34 AM.