• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Samuelsson on the top line tonight - god help us all !

Rate this topic

The best part was in the post game interview babs said Sammy looked good out there, I listened to the game on 97.1 (the radio announcer is the absolute worst) cause I was at work, but from the replays I saw Sammy didn't look all that great out there

The best part was in the post game interview babs said Sammy looked good out there, I listened to the game on 97.1 (the radio announcer is the absolute worst) cause I was at work, but from the replays I saw Sammy didn't look all that great out there

Sammy played his perimeter, safe game. He wasn't 'bad', but he's a depth scorer that's it. He's good along the boards, won some battles, didn't turn the puck over too much, skated hard.

I'll say this though, Samuelsson looked better than Bobby Ryan last night.

Sammy played his perimeter, safe game. He wasn't 'bad', but he's a depth scorer that's it. He's good along the boards, won some battles, didn't turn the puck over too much, skated hard.

It is not very often you and I have the same opinion, I have to tell you, that last statement was dead on.

Ryan was off his game, he was a force the previous 3 games.

Perry had good chances, but he seemed just off to me too, I think they may be who he was referring to as "passengers" in his post game interview.

well thats ok, like I said didn't watch the game, but sammy still remains the best top 6 option while abby is suspended (it's still weird to think abby is a better top 6 option than anyone else on our team lol) he has size, speed, and a wicked wrister if he could hit the net

It is not very often you and I have the same opinion, I have to tell you, that last statement was dead on.

Ryan was off his game, he was a force the previous 3 games.

Perry had good chances, but he seemed just off to me too, I think they may be who he was referring to as "passengers" in his post game interview.

FIlpulla's line deserves some credit there, they played the ryan-perry-getzlaf line really well. Although I think they were bailed out by Howard on a few great chances.

But yeah Perry-Getzlaf were at least getting chances, Ryan was just terrible, turned the puck over constantly, was a non factor physically, he must be injured, or something because that did not look like the Bobby Ryan of the first couple games.

well thats ok, like I said didn't watch the game, but sammy still remains the best top 6 option while abby is suspended (it's still weird to think abby is a better top 6 option than anyone else on our team lol) he has size, speed, and a wicked wrister if he could hit the net

Babcock said something after the game that Datsyuk's line was really missing the net front presence, and said Sammy just isn't used to that role. Going to be interesting to see what Babcock does for game 5.

Edited by Carman

FIlpulla's line deserves some credit there, they played the ryan-perry-getzlaf line really well. Although I think they were bailed out by Howard on a few great chances.

But yeah Perry-Getzlaf were at least getting chances, Ryan was just terrible, turned the puck over constantly, was a non factor physically, he must be injured, or something because that did not look like the Bobby Ryan of the first couple games.

Babcock said something after the game that Datsyuk's line was really missing the net front presence, and said Sammy just isn't used to that role. Going to be interesting to see what Babcock does for game 5.

ya, he said sammy doesn't play the net front presence, it isn't his style, but they need the net front presence, he also said sammy played pretty well

Guest RedWingsDad

I think Sammy is a better option that Filppula... you know he had 0 shots and logged like 22 minutes of ice time? Why aren't there calls to sit him? At least Sammy is kind of hard to knock down... when a bunny sneezes, Filppula falls over.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I think Sammy is a better option that Filppula... you know he had 0 shots and logged like 22 minutes of ice time? Why aren't there calls to sit him? At least Sammy is kind of hard to knock down... when a bunny sneezes, Filppula falls over.

Are you kidding me? Did you not watch the game last night? Fil was arguably are best player last night, he was buzzing all over the ice, an was very very strong on the puck

Guest RedWingsDad

Are you kidding me? Did you not watch the game last night? Fil was arguably are best player last night, he was buzzing all over the ice, an was very very strong on the puck

I watched it, and I did not see that at all. He had zero shots on goal in 22 minutes of ice time, zero points, and was a -1. Looking at the box score, he was the worst player on the ice. I think perhaps you may be a bit bias. ;) If anything, he was fairly invisible last night.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I watched it, and I did not see that at all. He had zero shots on goal in 22 minutes of ice time, zero points, and was a -1. Looking at the box score, he was the worst player on the ice. I think perhaps you may be a bit bias. ;) If anything, he was fairly invisible last night.

Okay you have your opinion. But I feel like basically nobody is gonna agree with that opinion of fils game last night. Your right I am a pretty big filppula fan, but I also know he wasn't very good this year. But last night I thought was one of his best of the season, he was so strong on the puck, was skating really well, and made so many great plays

Okay you have your opinion. But I feel like basically nobody is gonna agree with that opinion of fils game last night. Your right I am a pretty big filppula fan, but I also know he wasn't very good this year. But last night I thought was one of his best of the season, he was so strong on the puck, was skating really well, and made so many great plays

I really think that if Filpulla gets going, we win this series without a doubt. He hasn't been good, but if last night was the beginning of something good for him, I would be quite happy.

It sucked for Samuelsson for just not being able to shake the injury bug for most the season.

Nobody could've predicted the injuries he would've had and pretty much in succession, so at the time of the signing and returning, I thought it was a decent one. Took the whipping boy status unfairly a lot and I thought he was serviceable.

Who knows though, if he wasn't injured all year, maybe Abdelkader doesn't get a look at first-line minutes and doesn't flourish. A question that can't really be answered, but kind of fun to ponder.

Anyways, with what happened with Abdelkader being suspended a few games, it made sense to either put him or Bertuzzi at least on one of the top-2 lines. The rookie line is all but sticking and doing about as well as you could ask for a 3rd line unit of young guns. I wouldn't have minded seeing Tootoo remain in the lineup especially given that he was a part of the 4-game win streak to help get the team in the playoffs, but both Samuelsson and Bertuzzi bring a bit more variety to their games vs. solely just brawn/knuckles. I also think it is a case somewhat of trying to keep Datsyuk and Zetterberg together, as well as hoping Franzen can still produce somewhat consistently as of late in a 2nd line role away from those two.

Given Abdelkader's success with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, don't see why he won't be back on there for game 6, butfor the time being Samuelsson played a decent game with them to fill in, not against seeing him there in game 5 (I didn't see game 3 so I didn't know what the line combos etc. were).

Guest RedWingsDad

Well, maybe I missed something then. It's weird to hear someone say he was strong on the puck as I always just cringe every time I see him with the puck along the boards because he seems SO easy to knock the puck off of. One forceful nudge and he almost goes down (or goes down) and get's the puck stripped. I wonder if he just has weak legs? He is a lot better at dangling in open ice, but that doesn't typically seem to cut it so far in this series, though he did admittedly dangle and make an awesome pass to Nyquist for the game winner a few games ago. At any rate, I digress.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Guest The Axe

Well, maybe I missed something then. It's weird to hear someone say he was strong on the puck as I always just cringe every time I see him with the puck along the boards because he seems SO easy to knock the puck off of. One forceful nudge and he almost goes down (or goes down) and get's the puck stripped. I wonder if he just has weak legs? He is a lot better at dangling in open ice, but that doesn't typically seem to cut it so far in this series, though he did admittedly dangle and make an awesome pass to Nyquist for the game winner a few games ago. At any rate, I digress.

Filppula's defensive responsibility and strong neutral zone play are overlooked by most. He's got mediocre to above average play making skills. People want him to be Zetterberg. Just be happy we got Flip.