• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

They need to bring him back solely based on his personality & work ethic alone.
He improved a ton in half a year.

#22 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sproul

I was talking more up front but ya him too. Sorry my bad I should have said forwards

So is Pulkinnen expected to join the team next year?  

I would think Jarnkrok and Ferraro aren't as of yet.

I'm thinking that all 3 will be in GR for at least next year. But I'm hoping all 3 are with the wings the following year

#23 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

They better bring him back. He has to improve in certain aspects in his game but what we have right now is a player with a natural shooting and scoring ability. I'd be more than happy for him to sign for a multiyear deal. With the right work we have a young player who can score 30-40 a year -- I've seen enough to see he wants to constantly shoot. He is the perfect winger in that sense. Lock him up now.

#24 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

I hope so he show signs of being a pretty good Hockey player
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#25 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

he seemed like he was having more fun than any wing this year. he will be back.

#26 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

even though he isn't really all that good except for finishing.

Definitely think he'll be back but as far as this goes, I think he's the guy who will benefit most from a full summer, training camp, and regularly paced season.. I think he'll continue to improve in all areas.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#27 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Unless some tard team offers him a ridiculous contract.

Which could very well happen.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

I don't think he'd take another offer. He seems to be having a lot of fun, which means he probably likes our system and coaches, and seems like he has bought into changing his game. If he went elsewhere he'd have to readjust all over again.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

There is no question he will be back. My guess is he will be resigned to a 2-3 year $2.5-3 mil contract.

Everyone is aware of this guys natural ability to bury his chances and he has a great one-timer so my only hope is that he is used better on the power-play. I have become utterly frustrated with seeing him on the right point on the man advantage. The guy needs to use his accurate bomb on the left side of the ice. He should be hovering around the left faceoff circle waiting for someone to put it in his wheel-house to unload a canon. I bet he would score 30+ goals next year if he was used properly on the power-play... Thoughts?...

#30 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

He will be back, I'm going to say on a 2 year contract

IPB Image

#31 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Brunner really panned out nicely. For a smaller Euro without much physicality to his game, to be tied with Datsyuk for 3rd in points, lead the team in goals, and manage to be a plus player, given the competition he was facing and his short-comings defensively, what more could you ask of the guy? Factor in his short adjustment period to the new playing surface, increased competition, and taking a guy who is used to playing like 40 games and more than doubling that even before playoffs (not to mention the travel and frequency of games), and his performance is even more astounding.

Can't wait to see what he does training with our guys and getting stronger in the off-season, coming out of the gate rested and knowing the system better. I think we should get him signed while he is cheap. Love to see 3 or 4 years at least, going as high as $3M or so per.

#32 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

5 years, 8.75 mil.

#33 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Brunner fan here. I think he will be back and he will be better. It was his first year in the NHL and he held his own... Ups, downs, Playoffs, Bigger ice, Bigger players. Not everyone can do as he did and add value.

#34 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Goose doesn't want him back

ZOJV9dk.gif

(via Brunner's twitter lol)

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#35 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Brunner fan here. I think he will be back and he will be better. It was his first year in the NHL and he held his own... Ups, downs, Playoffs, Bigger ice, Bigger players. Not everyone can do as he did and add value.

If Brunner hits the gym hard and adds 15 lbs and upper body strength, he will be a legit top 6. He looked good at times, but 200 lbs and not getting pushed around and bumped off pucks makes this guy super valueable.

#36 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I hope he will be back. While his scoring slowed, he improved defensively and physically.

#37 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I was a Brunner doubter going into the playoffs didn't think he would be able to keep up with the intensity but he did and i think he will only get better.

#38 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

I hope he comes back and with a better fashion sense. His appearance in the Thank You video is like Page 1 of the Tool 101 textbook.

#39 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

He is exactly what we need more of. You don't add by subtracting. He has a good shot and loves throwing pucks at the net.

#40 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

"I can't say anything bad about the Detroit Red Wings," said Brunner, whose base salary was $925,000 this season. "I guess I have to think about it in the next couple of weeks and talk to my agent and Kenny and then we'll see what's going on.

"It's hard for me to say (what will happen). We'll see what's coming. I'm exciting about talking to them about my future."

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.