• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#81 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'd link you to capgeek, but every time a team makes a signing their page crashes from views.

With Alfredsson taking up $3.5m and Weiss' $4.9m Detroit should have $2.3m left.

I think that's based on Detroit keeping Alfredsson's bonuses on this year, we push those to next year and we will have 4.3, not counting what cap we shed.

Posted Image

#82 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Pretty sure you were ragging on Holland in the other thread for not signing Komisarek...but i think that explains a lot in itself...lol

explains alot ? it was a 1 yr deal i suggested for 3rd pairing ... not a 5 year term and 5 mill cap hit , i dont think it was a big risk  were stuck with weiss for 5 yrs now

#83 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Congrats on keeping to your plan of making the team bigger, younger,  and increasing scoring by signing a 5'11 guy who got .24 ppg last year to a 4.9 5 year deal that will take a roster spot from one of the kids going forward.

Holland sure is doing a great job.  Good show old boy. 

What a s***ty, s***ty, s***ty job he has done the last three years. If Jim Nill was the reason we draft well, this team is going to be defunct in five years.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#84 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Well this IS interesting.

Indeed. Probably Zidlicky. And then Q would be good as gone

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#85 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Tatar may actually be the better player...and he's younger and more physical. He has earned the spot and playing time.

unfortunetly probably 4th line on this team , wouldnt surprise me that he demands a trade again and holland deals him

#86 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Considering the crazy amounts that was being thrown out for Weiss this deal isn't too shabby now hopefully he becomes more of a shooter than a passer.

#87 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

I guess one thing that's interesting is didn't Lecavalier sign for 5 years @ $22.5 mill? I think he's only 3 years older than Weiss, and much bigger.

#88 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

The topic is about the Weiss signing. Let's talk about that please and not criticizing each others level of fandom.

#89 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I guess one thing that's interesting is didn't Lecavalier sign for 5 years @ $22.5 mill? I think he's only 3 years older than Weiss, and much bigger.

Ya I would have rather wanted Lecavalier than Weiss.

#90 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Like the old days in Hockeytown. Great day for GM Ken Holland and the Wings.

Red Wings mean business! #werkit

this is nice to see, it's been a few years since these things were said about the wings, it's good to know Holland didn't just say "we like our team" and I hope i won't have to see everyone post that 100 times a day anymore. Add to the Boston letting their team fall apart and I think we should be the favourites at least in our division next season! Go Wings!

#91 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

LAST WARNING AND THEN PEOPLE ARE GETTING SUSPENSIONS.

Stay on topic.  If I have to delete another post, someone's getting a vacation.

#92 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

I actually love the cap-hit for Weiss and the signing overall is looking great because we need at center. Now its the Alfredsson signing that has me thinking we essentially chose a guy about to retire for Cleary and Brunner. Brunner should have been signed before UFA for the money and term they were looking for. 

It looks like we have run out of cap since we still need to sign Nyquist, Smith, and Andersson. Bye Brunner :(

#93 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Weiss moves a lot  better than Vinny. I think that was the big thing. 

I actually love the cap-hit for Weiss and the signing overall is looking great because we need at center. Now its the Alfredsson signing that has me thinking we essentially chose a guy about to retire for Cleary and Brunner. Brunner should have been signed before UFA for the money and term they were looking for. 

It looks like we have run out of cap since we still need to sign Nyquist, Smith, and Andersson. Bye Brunner :(

I dont think even Brunner knew what he was worth. His is just an odd situation.

#94 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

I agree with Goalie Man Pat, Weiss moves a lot better than Vinny does.

And I think Brunner himself was just interested in finding out what he is worth, his agent on the other hand I think is interested in getting him the most for his client (there is my no crap post for the day).

I think Brunner put himself in a position the Wings didn't want to be in.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#95 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Didn't Weiss wear #9 in FLA?  We all know that number is out of the question here, wonder what he'll choose? 

18 is available.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#96 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

More I've thought about it today Weiss is a good replacement for Filppula.

Let's see what Weiss can do.

#97 whitey

whitey

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

The wings still have plenty of cap flexibility.  Taking Alfies' bonus out of this year, they still have approximately $5 mil left.  That likely makes retaining Brunner dicey.  Dumping TooToo or Eaves gives them 6-7, which would then likely allow them to sign Brunner and the RFAs.  The question is, do they want to keep both of Tatar and Brunner?

Also, think that Nyquist could be assigned to GR for the summer and start the season with the RW as a replacement for Sammy or Helm if still on LTIR (correct me if I am wrong).

Really, Wings have plenty of flexibility for another signing.  Whether they want Brunner or not is the question.

#98 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

The wings still have plenty of cap flexibility.  Taking Alfies' bonus out of this year, they still have approximately $5 mil left.  That likely makes retaining Brunner dicey.  Dumping TooToo or Eaves gives them 6-7, which would then likely allow them to sign Brunner and the RFAs.  The question is, do they want to keep both of Tatar and Brunner?

Also, think that Nyquist could be assigned to GR for the summer and start the season with the RW as a replacement for Sammy or Helm if still on LTIR (correct me if I am wrong).

Really, Wings have plenty of flexibility for another signing.  Whether they want Brunner or not is the question.

Capgeek's cap calculator has removed Alfredsson's bonus and shows Detroit as having $2.3 million in cap room left.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#99 whitey

whitey

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Capgeek's cap calculator has removed Alfredsson's bonus and shows Detroit as having $2.3 million in cap room left.

It is now in his salary.  Either way, they are counting it as a current year hit, so the upper number remains 4.8 mil or so - I just calculated it.  It does not take too many roster moves to fit everyone in and re-sign Brunner if they want him, IMO.

It is now in his salary.  Either way, they are counting it as a current year hit, so the upper number remains 4.8 mil or so - I just calculated it.  It does not take too many roster moves to fit everyone in and re-sign Brunner if they want him, IMO.

Now it is back in bonuses.

#100 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

First time in years we can roll three scoring lines. Very, very excited at the signings abd departures. Stronger down the all important middle, a wingers for Datsyuk, and maybe everyone else goes back to the bottom 6 roles they are supposed to play.

And no overpayments. Glorious. And Ye might not be done yet. Still have to clear roster space.

As much as I like Brunner, I forgot about Tatar. Tatar could be just as good with a full season. Which is probably why Brunner hasn't signed yet.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.