• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Stuart faces hearing for hit to head

Rate this topic

Stu's first game this season and he earns himself a hearing. They must be seeing something that I don't, because I don't see this as a hit to the head. Marginally, but not hearing-worthy.

San Jose Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart will have a hearing Wednesday with the NHL Department of Player Safety for an incident during a game Tuesday night against the New York Rangers at SAP Center.

At 2:32 of the first period, Stuart was assessed a minor penalty for elbowing after a hit on New York forward Rick Nash.

Any suspension for that hit is ridiculous.

Anyone else outraged by this?

I wouldn't say outraged, but it's most definitely a bad call. A fine, at most, and only because he came a pretty long way to deliver a hit which was, at worst, borderline.

I feel like there's a magic 8 ball in Shanny's desk and he trusts it's judgement.

Or the magic Conch Shell.

I miss Stuart. It's weird how sometimes things (or in this case, players) aren't really appreciated until they're gone.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Just watched Shanny's video explanation of the hit. The suspension happened because Stuart extended "upward and outward" on the hit, rather than hitting Nash squarely through the shoulder or body. Don't know that I agree it's suspension worthy, but figured I'd pass the info along in any case.

Ya don't agree with this call at all either. Stuart even kept his arms tucked in before impact which imo is more important. To say that his head was the primary target is stretching it. There's a hundred hits a week like this and this doesn't stand out among the other ones.