Photo
- - - - -

Overtime modifications on table at GMs meeting.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Something I was pondering, as I don't like having the 3 points for a regulation win, but still feel there should be something for making it to the shootout.

I'm pretty sure this could be done without turning things into play not to lose.

Reg Win = 2 pts

OT/SO Win = 1 pt

Reg/OT Loss = 0 pts

SO Loss = 0 pts, but counted (like ROW)

In the end it would give incentive to still win it through all parts of the game.  However if teams are able to make it a shootout, they give themselves a tie breaker for the standings.  The standing would still end up by points being the overall decider first, then OT/SO wins, then SO Losses.  Wins still are weighted higher than a loss through game play (just like how ROW is used, except winning in regulation has a better incentive), but losing after going through regulation and OT in what is pretty much skills competition isn't completely for nothing.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#42 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

What is record for consecutive OT losses?  I think we might be onto another record at 5.