• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Per St. James on Twitter, Cleary will be in and Tatar will sit against the Caps. I really hope we didn't want to score any goals on Friday...

#2 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

LOL

Edit : Sammy, Cleary > Tootoo, Eaves, Nyquist, Tatar, 

Edited by CMatt89, 14 November 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#3 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

LOL

Edit : Sammy, Cleary > Tootoo, Eaves, Nyquist, Tatar, 

Unfortunately...that's exactly how it's been. I'm surprised both Nyquist and Tatar haven't asked for a trade.

#4 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

So Babcock finally sits an old broken down vet who hasn't been good in years...and then he changes his mind and brings him back AND he benches a young, fast, scoring forward...

What the actual f***...

Unfortunately...that's exactly how it's been. I'm surprised both Nyquist and Tatar haven't asked for a trade.

Completely agree. I wouldn't even be mad.  I would be sad, but I could not blame them.

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

I've stopped trying to figure this out.  I'm not going to go all crazy and say CLEARY SUCKS, but seriously, Cleary sucks.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#6 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

So Babcock finally sits an old broken down vet who hasn't been good in years...and then he changes his mind and brings him back AND he benches a young, fast, scoring forward...

What the actual f***...

Completely agree. I wouldn't even be mad.  I would be sad, but I could not blame them.

This entire post exactly. They both have every right to with how horribly Holland has mismanaged them thus far. Samuelsson and Cleary should've been waived, not Tootoo and Eaves.

#7 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Such a shame. Babcock will do anything to get his buddy Cleary producing. Scary thing is what if he puts up 2 points tomorrow. He will be on that line for the rest of the year

#8 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

I think I'm more upset that Sammy is still in the lineup and Cleary is getting top 6 minutes. Its been a hard week to be a red wings fan can't say that too often.

#9 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#10 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Such a shame. Babcock will do anything to get his buddy Cleary producing. Scary thing is what if he puts up 2 points tomorrow. He will be on that line for the rest of the year

I think we can all bet our life savings on that not happening.

#11 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

no one wants cleary in the lineup, that much we all know.

but are we supposed to pretend that tatar has been great over the last 5-6 games?

let's not kid ourselves.

#12 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

I give up.

EDIT:  You might want to look at this:

Tatar: 11 GP, 2 G, 1 A +1, 10% shooting accuracy, generates scoring chances and provides speed.

Cleary: 18 GP, 1 G, 2 A +1, 4% shooting accuracy, slow, falls down, loses the puck, never generates anything, usually breaks up his own offensive play.

Which do you think addresses our needs more? Regardless of whether Tatar hasn't looked great, benching isn't going to help.  We need to just ice a consistent team so they can generate chemistry.  All players go through rough patches.  Tatar's sub-par handful of games is better than Cleary's two years.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#13 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

no one wants cleary in the lineup, that much we all know.

but are we supposed to pretend that tatar has been great over the last 5-6 games?

let's not kid ourselves.

He's been better than everyone not named Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Alfredsson on this team. And I'll counter this point with another: we honestly can't name ANYONE who could warrant a scratch besides Tatar?

#14 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Every time he gets a point I'm filled with mixed emotions.

"WOOO! YEAH! Wings scored!"

*Daniel Cleary from Weiss at 12:21 in the Period*

"DAMMIT CLEARY! I mean, thanks for the goal...but stop padding your damn stats!"

I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

It's just constructive criticism of the Red Wings' managers.  I'm sure Cleary is a cool dude, but he's not playing at a level that is competitive in the National Hockey League.

I think we can all bet our life savings on that not happening.

You say that, but I'm going to be on the edge of my seat hoping for two things:

- Cleary doesn't cause a goal

- Cleary doesn't get a point

Fluke goals count just as much as a snipe

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#15 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I see this as Babs giving Cleary "one last shot." Cleary's been scratched, and now he gets to respond, and show that he's more valuable than Tatar (and Nyquist), or, at the very least, that Holland wasn't a fool for re-signing him. If he doesn't impress, maybe he spends the rest of the regular season on the bench (or at least until we get destroyed by injuries).

That's my rationalization.

Edited by Dabura, 14 November 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#16 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Pretty sure the Cleary signing was all Babcock

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'll believe this is Cleary's "last chance" when I see it.  

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Or maybe Tatar's been traded. And/Or maybe Babs just really doesn't like him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#19 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

This is just prepping us for the three-year NTC deal Cleary is going to get from Holland next summer.

I love this organization, but they are seriously losing their way the past few years.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#20 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm not saying I believe my rationalization. It's just, this is too easy. I feel like it's a trap. Like, if I say what you'd expect me to say, the world will implode, or something.

Don't Toews me, bro!