• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

11/23 GDT: Game 24 - Senators 4 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

The Cleary experiment seems to have come to an end.

I was referring to the draft. You're taking issue with people giving Nill undue credit, but then you give Holland all the credit for our drafting, when Nill had a pretty big hand it.

Again, just sayin'.

Fair.

Wasn't talking about going deep into the playoffs. That'd be pretty hard to do in November.

Joke.

And I'm sure Holland had nothing to do with that either.

Once again, Holland gets the entirety of the blame for everything bad and none of the credit for anything good. This is a viewpoint divorced from reality.

Never said either of those and I'm not everybody. I would focus on what people say instead of generalizing. Unless, of course you're just trying to hate on everyone regardless of what they say.

You generalized.

Yes Sens are getting away with much bs...

LOL Kindl... He struggled at the AHL level for years and Dekeyser excels at the NHL level right away... there's your difference and Kindl will never be more than average with a minor flair for pp play...

Can't watch because I'm out of the house. What's going on?

Our offense looks semi good, defense is questionable at best.

Chippy as hell, Ottawa slashing and haxking away at everyonr and anyone with the puck nowhere near, and smith fought Neil.

Not really a close fight.

Smith got one, maybe two good shots in on him.

Guest DeGraa55

Normally with Mule I agree because he's such a drama queen, but those can hurt. They already took Helm down with one earlier, and I don't think of Helm as someone who'd embellish like that.

Helm actually got slashed earlier. Franzens was a love tap...

Is anyone else convinced that Ottawa is playing us like this because of Alfie (despite the fact that he isn't playing)?

I don't know. When you have a player like Neil there's really no reason for him not to. The Wings have smallish forwards and no one to really make him answer for it. So it's a pretty good strategy to run guys and get in the face of Zetterberg and Datsyuk whenever possible.

As Mick mentioned earlier, they've factored in to 45% of the Wings goals. Taking them off their game gives you a great chance of winning.

Helm actually got slashed earlier. Franzens was a love tap...

Maybe. Helm's didn't look like much either but like I said, I've not seen Helm dive like that.

Franzen on the other hand... you could be right.

though it's painful to watch, MacLean knows we don't respond well to all this rough and tumble, dirty play

so far it's working for them

we need to figure out a way to battle through it

Best way to deal with it is score more goals and win the game. Let Ottawa do the dirty stuff all night, 2 pts is more important. Smith showed the Wings aren't afraid. Kind of how the Ducks used to play us.

Makes you wonder how the Wings can't draw penalties all season when you see gang rape like that being let go consistently. Inevitably the Wings are going to get a call against them that'll make us all think "THAT?! What about this other dozen you let go in the 2nd?"

Detroit is playing a helluva gusty game IMHO. Props to Smith- guys got heart.Sens are playing craptastic as usual and don't deserve the lead.

Maybe I'm crazy but the Eastern conference is so chippy compared to the West. That being said I hate to see Detroit skill players getting smashed and roughed up. That was my major concern about them making the switch to the East. Boston and Philly are no sweathearts either.

Our offense looks semi good, defense is questionable at best.

Chippy as hell, Ottawa slashing and haxking away at everyonr and anyone with the puck nowhere near, and smith fought Neil.

Not really a close fight.

Smith got one, maybe two good shots in on him.

Can't say I'm happy about that. At least the offense looks decent.

Once again, Holland gets the entirety of the blame for everything bad and none of the credit for anything good. This is a viewpoint divorced from reality.

Holland is getting the credit for his early success by still having his job. Any other gm would have lost theres by letting this team stale like he has done. And you can say he gets the credit for drafting but until those players are up actually producing in the league there is nothing to give credit for. If he really trusted his picks he wouldnt keep blocking them by signing useless plugs like Cleary and Quincey

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by GoalieManPat

They are just physical and that's the point. Ask Habs fans how their playoffs have ended last year...

Being a cheap and dirty team doesn't mean you are being a physical team.

Unless we in the 80's still??? No.

Last year's Habs team got ouclassed and outplayed by a hot goalie in Anderson.

I still fail to see your point and I'm done with this convo.

Let's go Wings!!!

wow Cleary has more ice time than Nyquist, Helm, Tatar, and Weiss.... combined

no, but seriously- wtf Babs!?

in other news, Kyle Quincey is -2, making him -14 on the year

huh?

Cleary has played 10:58

Nyquist has played 10:27

Weiss has played 9:18

Helm has played 9:11

Tatar has played 8:50

No he doesn't...

I'm not sure what boxscore you're looking at.

it's the TSN one

guess it could be wrong

hell, I hope it is wrong

huh?

Cleary has played 10:58

Nyquist has played 10:27

Weiss has played 9:18

Helm has played 9:11

Tatar has played 8:50

it was a joke, about the combined thing- that's why it was in Italics

Edited by datterberg1340