• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

Can't believe some of you are still butt hurt over what Weber did to Z. I'd take Weber on the Wings in a heart beat. It wasn't that big of deal. Sure I was upset that night but let it go

#42 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Can't believe some of you are still butt hurt over what Weber did to Z. I'd take Weber on the Wings in a heart beat. It wasn't that big of deal. Sure I was upset that night but let it go

I will never let it go. Just as I will never forgive coward Cowen

• ami likes this

#43 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

There is not one team in this league, that wouldn't take weber. Imagine a pairing of Pietrangelo + Weber = insane having that said, even if it were possible as long as Z is the captain Weber would never be wearing this jersey.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#44 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You're new here so I'll explain. Most people here NEVER forget dirty plays that cause injury to any of our Red Wings.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#45 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Welcome to the forum.

You're new here so I'll explain. Most people here NEVER forget dirty plays that cause injury to any of our Red Wings.

Thanks, but I've been a member since 01 I think. Just lost password to my old Ocalaflorida moniker. Changed it too Maynard once I moved to Nashville. Anyways,I doubt Z even holds grudge for that anymore if he ever did. And just cause I live in Nashville they are my least favorite team. I'm originally from Farmington.

#46 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thanks, but I've been a member since 01 I think. Just lost password to my old Ocalaflorida moniker. Changed it too Maynard once I moved to Nashville. 

Well....um....Welcome back!  :lol:

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#47 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

This cracked me up.  Not the post, but the right corner...

"predsfan likes this"

lol

#48 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

"predsfan likes this"

lol

Lol, where do you see that? It's not visible on mobile app I guess.

Well....um....Welcome back!  :lol:

Thanks! ;-) I read a lot on here just dont say much

Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan, 02 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#49 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Welcome to the forum.

While the play was a dirty play,Zetterberg was not injured

#50 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

"predsfan likes this"

lol

I liked that posted,because i agree with the post,but i know that y'all guys won't ever let it go,unless shea weber becomes a red wing

#51 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

While the play was a dirty play,Zetterberg was not injured

You're right, he didn't. It sure wasn't for lack of trying on Weber's part. We also don't forget particularly dirty plays.

How's that? :)

#52 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

I liked that posted,because i agree with the post,but i know that y'all guys won't ever let it go,unless shea weber becomes a red wing

Well, when Pavel Datsyuk grabs one of your guys and smashes his head into the glass a couple times and gets a $2,500 fine, you get back to me on how forgiving you are, whether he's hurt or not.  It's about respect - respect for players and respect for the game, neither of which Weber displays.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#53 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well, when Pavel Datsyuk grabs one of your guys and smashes his head into the glass a couple times and gets a $2,500 fine, you get back to me on how forgiving you are, whether he's hurt or not.  It's about respect - respect for players and respect for the game, neither of which Weber displays.  

Shea Weber is a phyiscal player and you can't  change that about him,While i agree that what he did to Zetterberg was out of line and should of be suspend for it,But to say that Shea Weber doesn't have respect for the players or the game is just wrong.

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 02 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#54 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

:lol:  Oh, yeah, he just oozes respect.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#55 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

TALKING ABOUT THE WEBER INCIDENT MAKES ME WANT TO YELL

Seriously, I can't remember another incident in recent memory that has infuriated me the way that one did. Like Mike Tyson "I'm going to eat his kids" and not in the sexy way kind of infuriated. Like Mike Tyson "I want to bite off Weber's ear and spit it back in his face" kind of infuriated.

BASICALLY MIKE TYSON

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#56 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Shea Weber is a phyiscal player and you can't  change that about him,While i agree that what he did to Zetterberg was out of line and should of be suspend for it,But to say that Shea Weber doesn't have respect for the players or the game is just wrong.

I'm sure he has respect for the game and while he's not exactly Raffi Torres, losing your cool and slamming another players head into the dasher isn't exactly showing a lot of respect for other players.  You're going to have a hard time convincing people here otherwise, and understandably so.

#57 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

This all seems kinda hypocritical considering some of the players we currently employ and have employed in the past.

Especially considering it really wasn't that vicious. Zetterberg was barely phased.  I've seen much, much worse intent to injure.  

You'd think he shattered his cheek bone or blew his knee out by some of the reactions here.

It's the playoffs and yes lots of violent/dirty stuff happens on both sides.  Let's not pretend we're above it and our players have never done anything as bad.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#58 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

This all seems kinda hypocritical considering some of the players we currently employ and have employed in the past.

Especially considering it really wasn't that vicious. Zetterberg was barely phased.  I've seen much, much worse intent to injure.  

You'd think he shattered his cheek bone or blew his knee out by some of the reactions here.

It's the playoffs and yes lots of violent/dirty stuff happens on both sides.  Let's not pretend we're above it and our players have never done anything as bad.

Wouldn't have happened, with someone like McCarty or Kocur in the lineup and that's my biggest beef with Weber, he is always playing on the edge but never ever backs the stuff up. I've never seen him fighting against McGrattan, Orr, Engelland, MacIntyre, S Thornton aso...to me he seems to be a spotpicker and I don't respect that, earlier it was McKenzie doing the fights for him and lately it seems to be Raves.

Also thanks god, this wasn't anything serious otherwise the "punishment" would have looked even more laughable than the non suspension for Cowen.

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#59 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

Wouldn't have happened, with someone like McCarty or Kocur in the lineup and that's my biggest beef with Weber, he is always playing on the edge but never ever backs the stuff up. I've never seen him fighting against McGrattan, Orr, Engelland, MacIntyre, S Thornton aso...to me he seems to be a spotpicker and I don't respect that, earlier it was McKenzie doing the fights for him and lately it seems to be Raves.

Also thanks god, this wasn't anything serious otherwise the "punishment" would have looked even more laughable than the non suspension for Cowen.

Weber doesn't fight because he's a superstar calibre player and his team cannot afford to have him in the box or kicked out.  

Why would he waste his time fighting a bunch of scrubs.  That would be beyond dumb for the Predators.

Also Kronwall constantly plays on the edge but never fights. Do you feel the same way about him?

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#60 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Weber would be a fool to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes to go with any of those guys.  Any star player who fights should basically be a spot picker, so they either take an equivalent guy with them, or it's a rare occasion to stick up for a teammate.