Followers 0
Hockeytown0001

GDT
12/23 GDT : Islanders 3 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

265 posts in this topic

We need to get healthy, bottom line.

Totally agree.

...And yet, I can see a fully healthy Wings team putting in this same kind of performance. We've been doing this terrible-against-terrible-teams act for a long time.

WingsAlways and Hockeymom1960 like this

Another thing I notice is that this team is piss-poor in games right before a long break. And I mean more brutal than usual.

After Saturday night - they went on their Christmas break...Too bad they didn't realize there was a game tonight.

I turned it off after it was 3-0 and didn't bother turning my TV back on. This season so far has been an absolute ******* nightmare.

By far the worst performance by this team. To only play 20 min is a disgrace and they deserved to be boooed at home. If changes aren't made (benching Cleary and Quincey) then Babs and Holland are clearly not concerned about winning every game.

Edited by gowings00

Toronto Maple Leafs

Dallas Stars

San Jose Sharks

Los Angeles Kings

Anaheim Ducks

NY Rangers

Los Angeles Kings

St. Louis Blues

Chicago Blackhawks

Montreal Canadiens

Florida Panthers

Philadelphia Flyers

Washington Capitals

January - The most important part of the season

We are the suck.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Dallas Stars
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Ducks
NY Rangers
Los Angeles Kings
St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks
Montreal Canadiens
Florida Panthers
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals

That...is absolutely brutal.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Dallas Stars

San Jose Sharks

Los Angeles Kings

Anaheim Ducks

NY Rangers

Los Angeles Kings

St. Louis Blues

Chicago Blackhawks

Montreal Canadiens

Florida Panthers

Philadelphia Flyers

Washington Capitals

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost all of those games.

Toronto Maple Leafs
Dallas Stars
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Ducks
NY Rangers
Los Angeles Kings
St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks
Montreal Canadiens
Florida Panthers
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals

The way we have been playing this season I expect Florida, New York and Philly to be auto-losses because they are the least threatening. Likely will win 3 of 4 against Los Angeles, St. Louis and Chicago and the rest will be a crap shoot.

WingsAlways likes this

Suddenly, I'm genuinely concerned about our postseason streak.

The overall crap factor of the East will keep it alive. An undeserved playoff berth will turn into an early exit and more excuses from the old farts in charge.

Toronto Maple Leafs
Dallas Stars
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Kings
Anaheim Ducks
NY Rangers
Los Angeles Kings
St. Louis Blues
Chicago Blackhawks
Montreal Canadiens
Florida Panthers
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals

As others have already mentioned - I can see a string of losses unlike no other.

Can someone do a fancy stats report on how many goals against and standings points Quincey has cost us this season? And maybe throw in Smith, since they're partners in crime.

Can someone do a fancy stats report on how many goals against and standings points Quincey has cost us this season? And maybe throw in Smith, since they're partners in crime.

It's not enough to just say that they blow donkey dick and don't belong in this league?

The overall crap factor of the East will keep it alive.

I'm not sold on this. Teams are heating up (Flyers, Devils, Habs...), and we have a masochist thing for pissing away points that should be in the bag. And I have to assume the injury woes will continue. (Why would they suddenly stop? Because we start drinking chocolate milk?)

I mean, I don't want to go overboard here and say our season is over. Far, far, far from it, at this point in time.

But man. We really suck.

It's not enough to just say that they blow donkey **** and don't belong in this league?

Smith is young and this is his first full year in the NHL. He just needs more time and a better defensive partner. I don't blame him at all.

I'm not sold on this. Teams are heating up (Flyers, Devils, Habs...), and we have a masochist thing for pissing away points that should be in the bag. And I have to assume the injury woes will continue. (Why would they suddenly stop? Because we start drinking chocolate milk?)

I mean, I don't want to go overboard here and say our season is over. Far, far, far from it, at this point in time.

But man. We really suck.

I can't see those teams lasting. The East doesn't have many consistently good teams. Boston and Pittsburgh, you know what you're getting. Beyond that, very uncertain. And, unfortunately, we fall into that pack. Only difference being that we have a ton of injuries. We have to get healthy at some point, and at full strength, we're more talented and experienced than those teams you mentioned. In the NHL, the cream usually rises to the top. Flashes in the pan are just that, flashes in the pan. Hot streaks end. And so do cold streaks.

It's not enough to just say that they blow donkey **** and don't belong in this league?

Well, the point of the report would be to drive that point into the ground, through Earth's molten core, and all the way up/down to China.

"He sucks" is well and good, but "Here's where we are with him, and here's where we might very well be without him (approximately)" would be really hot.

Well, the point of the report would be to drive that point into the ground, through Earth's molten core, and all the way up/down to China.

"He sucks" is well and good, but "Here's where we are with him, and here's where we might very well be without him (approximately)" would be really hot.

Well, at least we've established that he does suck. I guess it's all just a matter of degree.

I can't see those teams lasting. The East doesn't have many consistently good teams. Boston and Pittsburgh, you know what you're getting. Beyond that, very uncertain. And, unfortunately, we fall into that pack. Only difference being that we have a ton of injuries. We have to get healthy at some point, and at full strength, we're more talented and experienced than those teams you mentioned. In the NHL, the cream usually rises to the top. Flashes in the pan are just that, flashes in the pan. Hot streaks end. And so do cold streaks.

I hear you. And I don't really disagree. But I'm not sure we're all that great even when we're healthy (see earlier this season, shootout losses and such).

What really worries me is that we don't win games we should win, which probably means we're going to have to take some games against some very good teams in the second half of the season (when the very good teams generally create definite separation in the standings). I hate that.

Well, at least we've established that he does suck. I guess it's all just a matter of degree.

I dunno, Babs doesn't seem to see much of a problem with him. Point taken, though.