• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/23 GDT : Islanders 3 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Wait..so now Bert AND E are both out???

But no worries, people... We have Kyle f****** Quincey to save the day!!!

*forehead slap*

Bert is 40 years old and Ericsson has been hurt before on several occasions, if I'm not mistaken.

This team has too many injury prone players. Same culprits every year. Fragile bodies, poor trainers, etc.

Maybe they don't do enough stretching before games. ;)

Edited by GMRwings1983

Again, not so. Two seasons ago, Girardi was an all-star. Since then, he has ranged from average to mediocre.

He also led the league in blocked shots if I remember correctly. The Rangers have been pretty bad as a whole the past couple of seasons, while some of it falls on his shoulders I think the team's bad play reflects on that more than his individual performance. He played better under Tort's system I felt like also, but who knows how he'd perform here. Again, kind of unlikely that either would land here but I like Girardi as a player personally.

A new coach, a different system, and a better supporting cast turned Quincey from a decent defenseman into a total failure. While it's all well and good to claim that a change can help, often it does not help, and sometimes it can even make things worse. Having given up a 1st for Quincey in a weak draft year is hard pill to swallow; imagine giving up much more for Edler or Girardi, only to watch them do poorly also.

I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

Am I saying it's guaranteed that they'd be superstars as Wings? No. Am I saying I think it's worth taking a chance on one of them or a player of the same general value, given our needs on the blue line, how obscenely difficult it generally is to fill such needs, and the fact that at least one of the aforementioned players (who could go a long way in helping the cause, and, at worst, would still probably be better than what we have) is being shopped? Yes.

Our blue line needs help. If we're looking to win the Cup here and now (and I think we should be thinking that way, though not recklessly, of course), that help has to come from outside. And I'm giving you two names who fit the bill and may be available, even though I'm fairly certain you'll shoot down any name I offer, because that's the way you are.

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

Ya never know...Maybe a change in scenery is needed for him to regain what he once had?

Maybe, or maybe not. As I've said, Quincey got worse with a change of scenery.