• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/11 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Kings 1

Rate this topic

This was one of the better games to watch this season. Physical, good goal tending, Tatar creating and scoring goals (easily becoming one of my favorite players) and a nice result. Consistency has been Howies problem and as a result that has been the teams problem so hopefully Mrazek can play a good game tonight and give the team another chance to win. It's not going to be easy...

Waitin on todays GDT.

Wonder if Alfies playin, or maybe a surprise Pav/Helm? Eh wishful thinking.

Hopin Mrazek lives up to the hype tonight n shows what hes got.

Kinda doubt it. Would like to see Marchenko though. Quincey was just beyond terrible last night, and Kindl wasn't good either.

Glendening has been our best PK guy and he's twice as fast as Andersson and forechecks harder and better than probably anyone not named Helm. That's an element the Wings also need to keep along with Sheahan.

They are not sending Andersson down, so imo it's got to be Glendening. In this case I believe there's greater upside with the offense added. Just cannot afford to be a one line team.

I only saw the last period of the game, did they really play good? At one point they were winning 30% of face-off and were being outset 45 to 25 or something.

Tatar looked amazing in the highlights. Huge fan of his swagger.

They played a fairly solid game defensively and were bailed out by Howard on a few occasions. Then in the third they got the opportunity and grabbed it with two goals to close the door on the Kings. Had they gone up earlier in the game I'm not so sure they could have held on to be honest.

Kinda doubt it. Would like to see Marchenko though. Quincey was just beyond terrible last night, and Kindl wasn't good either.

Actually I didn't think Kindl had that bad a game. He wasn't perfect, but everyone made a few mistakes last night. Plus, he was getting shots through to Quick, especially on the PP. I didn't see anything glaringly wrong that made me think we needed to bench Kindl for tonight. That said, I would like to see more from Marchenko.

They are not sending Andersson down, so imo it's got to be Glendening. In this case I believe there's greater upside with the offense added. Just cannot afford to be a one line team.

Glendening won't go down. Simply because Babcock loves him and also he has played very well in his defensive role this season when he's been with the Wings. His speed far excels that of Andersson.

I love Pacioretty too, but you're right, there's absolutely no friggin' way that Montreal moves him. I was just throwing names out there anyway, I have no idea who's available and who isn't. My whole point with mentioning Kane and Wheeler was just to say that Nyquist's value is high, package him with our first (which we don't need since the draft class is weak and we're bleeding quality prospects anyway) and get someone higher end for him. Plus, you'd still get to keep Tatar, who in spite of Babcock insistence is the better player.

They're incredibly even, IMHO. (Much like - yes - Z and D.) I think if we're seeing anything right now, it's what I've said before: Tatar is more of a goal-scorer, Nyquist is more of a playmaker.

Glendening won't go down. Simply because Babcock loves him and also he has played very well in his defensive role this season when he's been with the Wings. His speed far excels that of Andersson.

Glendening has been sent down before and he will be again if all forwards are healthy. Andersson is another Babcock favouriteand he is now an established NHL player as opposed to Glendening. I can see Glendening securing a spot next season though.