• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#521 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Khan says Helm says he's good to go. Fingers crossed.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#522 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman  15m

Helm says he's in Saturday against Minnesota. Playing with Emmerton and Ferraro. Means Pulkkinen probably heading back to GR. #RedWings

I don't get keeping Ferraro up over Pulkkinen. Ferraro has made some serious bone headed decisions in the little time up. I'd rather keep Pulkkinen up just for the fact he can help the power play. I have missed some of Pulk's game up with the Wings but I haven't seen nearly the amount of dumb decisions out of him as I have Ferraro.

#523 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Pulk really didn't do anything other than the slapper, though.  Ferraro had some bonehead mistakes but overall he was pretty solid defensively.

Great news that Helm is coming back.  Please let him score like he was before Christmas.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#524 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

I don't get keeping Ferraro up over Pulkkinen. Ferraro has made some serious bone headed decisions in the little time up. I'd rather keep Pulkkinen up just for the fact he can help the power play. I have missed some of Pulk's game up with the Wings but I haven't seen nearly the amount of dumb decisions out of him as I have Ferraro.

For the role that Ferraro plays, he just fits better right now. Pulks would need to play more minutes to be productive. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#525 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Yeah totally agree with keeping Ferraro up over Pulkinen right now. Team knows they will have to grind out games. Ferraro screwed up a bit at times last night but the effort is there. That's what ya need right now.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#526 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Ferraro stays because he is a prototypical bottom 6er. Helm, Glendening, Miller, Ferraro, Emmerton will kill penalties until Abby is back and Ferraro goes back down. Pulkkinen is undoubtedly a better player but not for the bottom 6 role. With all the penalties we have been taking lately it makes sense to keep some PKers around and try to keep the puck out of our net.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#527 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Good news on Helm. Hopefully he has a new uniform made of kevlar bubble wrap so he can stick around for awhile.

Seeing as we don't really have anyone for Pulkkinen to play with atm I can't complain too much, but I'd still rather see him than Bert, Emmy, or Ferraro. You'd think, since it's Helm coming back, we could afford to take out a current PKer.

#528 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Good news on Helm. Hopefully he has a new uniform made of kevlar bubble wrap so he can stick around for awhile.

Seeing as we don't really have anyone for Pulkkinen to play with atm I can't complain too much, but I'd still rather see him than Bert, Emmy, or Ferraro. You'd think, since it's Helm coming back, we could afford to take out a current PKer.

I'm guessing babs doesn't want to lean too heavily on helm to pk in his first game back. A good chunk of guys like glendening and miller's minutes are pk minutes.

#529 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

If I was a Wing player I would be terrified to be on this team, who knows what will happen next.

This season has become like a bad episode of CSI.

You could've just said an episode of CSI, specifying "bad" is redundant.
Ha.
But this injury streak is crazy.
Here's to hoping helm really is ready for tomorrow vs the wild.

#530 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

You could've just said an episode of CSI, specifying "bad" is redundant.
Ha.
But this injury streak is crazy.
Here's to hoping helm really is ready for tomorrow vs the wild.

Just crazy enough to work!

#531 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

I don't think he actually did much harm to the Wings, but Pulkkinen scared me when he had the puck.  There were a few times when he had the puck and he second-guessed his decision and it could have ended up badly had someone decided to pressure.  I know Ferraro made the bone head play which lead to a breakaway, but I honestly think that Ferraro is more NHL ready than Pulkkinen is at the moment, based on what I've seen from them.  But that's just my opinion.

#532 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

I don't think he actually did much harm to the Wings, but Pulkkinen scared me when he had the puck.  There were a few times when he had the puck and he second-guessed his decision and it could have ended up badly had someone decided to pressure.  I know Ferraro made the bone head play which lead to a breakaway, but I honestly think that Ferraro is more NHL ready than Pulkkinen is at the moment, based on what I've seen from them.  But that's just my opinion.

Ferraro will get much better once he stops getting nervous. He had a bad clearing attempt on the 5min major and obviously that breakaway too but that just seems to me like a player that is nervous and unsettled. I think he can be much better in his sheltered minutes when he feels like he belongs. Look at what Glendening has done this year - he had no business being on the same ice as crosby before this season but has developed the confidence to manhandle him at times. 

#533 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Helm's new uni:

002.jpg

#534 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Just crazy enough to work!

I like your cohanes my friend. Our plan to get babs the Jack Adams is working perfectly

#535 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

Sooooo.. you're saying leg injury below the knee..

Helm's new uni:

002.jpg

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#536 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

So Kronner is now down. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#537 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

So pavs 3 weeks are up wensday, Would be awesome
To have him for thursdays game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#538 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

im sure he needs a week to get back into shape if all is good

#539 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

im sure he needs a week to get back into shape if all is good

I believe Tuesday or Wednesday will be 3 weeks for Pav... my guess is that there will be a few factors that go into deciding if/when he plays. First off, he and the doctors will decide if he is in fact better or not, which I think he will be given all the rest. 2nd, you know he will want some practices in before playing, so my guess is we probably won't see him play until Saturday night in Toronto, or Sunday against Tampa Bay. The big thing will be how the Wings do until then... IE if they continue to be on their roll, they will not necessarily rush Pav back, however I think we will see him back at some point next weekend if all is deemed to be well early this week.

#540 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

Ken Daniels talked about the injury front and said Andersson was the only one on the radar to come back soon. Not that Daniels knows everything about Datsyuk's situation but the fact he didn't mention Dats wasn't a good sign in my eyes.