• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Ferraro stays because he is a prototypical bottom 6er. Helm, Glendening, Miller, Ferraro, Emmerton will kill penalties until Abby is back and Ferraro goes back down. Pulkkinen is undoubtedly a better player but not for the bottom 6 role. With all the penalties we have been taking lately it makes sense to keep some PKers around and try to keep the puck out of our net.

Good news on Helm. Hopefully he has a new uniform made of kevlar bubble wrap so he can stick around for awhile.

Seeing as we don't really have anyone for Pulkkinen to play with atm I can't complain too much, but I'd still rather see him than Bert, Emmy, or Ferraro. You'd think, since it's Helm coming back, we could afford to take out a current PKer.

Good news on Helm. Hopefully he has a new uniform made of kevlar bubble wrap so he can stick around for awhile.

Seeing as we don't really have anyone for Pulkkinen to play with atm I can't complain too much, but I'd still rather see him than Bert, Emmy, or Ferraro. You'd think, since it's Helm coming back, we could afford to take out a current PKer.

I'm guessing babs doesn't want to lean too heavily on helm to pk in his first game back. A good chunk of guys like glendening and miller's minutes are pk minutes.

If I was a Wing player I would be terrified to be on this team, who knows what will happen next.

This season has become like a bad episode of CSI.

You could've just said an episode of CSI, specifying "bad" is redundant.

Ha.

But this injury streak is crazy.

Here's to hoping helm really is ready for tomorrow vs the wild.

I don't get keeping Ferraro up over Pulkkinen. Ferraro has made some serious bone headed decisions in the little time up. I'd rather keep Pulkkinen up just for the fact he can help the power play. I have missed some of Pulk's game up with the Wings but I haven't seen nearly the amount of dumb decisions out of him as I have Ferraro.

I don't think he actually did much harm to the Wings, but Pulkkinen scared me when he had the puck. There were a few times when he had the puck and he second-guessed his decision and it could have ended up badly had someone decided to pressure. I know Ferraro made the bone head play which lead to a breakaway, but I honestly think that Ferraro is more NHL ready than Pulkkinen is at the moment, based on what I've seen from them. But that's just my opinion.

I don't think he actually did much harm to the Wings, but Pulkkinen scared me when he had the puck. There were a few times when he had the puck and he second-guessed his decision and it could have ended up badly had someone decided to pressure. I know Ferraro made the bone head play which lead to a breakaway, but I honestly think that Ferraro is more NHL ready than Pulkkinen is at the moment, based on what I've seen from them. But that's just my opinion.

Ferraro will get much better once he stops getting nervous. He had a bad clearing attempt on the 5min major and obviously that breakaway too but that just seems to me like a player that is nervous and unsettled. I think he can be much better in his sheltered minutes when he feels like he belongs. Look at what Glendening has done this year - he had no business being on the same ice as crosby before this season but has developed the confidence to manhandle him at times.

im sure he needs a week to get back into shape if all is good

I believe Tuesday or Wednesday will be 3 weeks for Pav... my guess is that there will be a few factors that go into deciding if/when he plays. First off, he and the doctors will decide if he is in fact better or not, which I think he will be given all the rest. 2nd, you know he will want some practices in before playing, so my guess is we probably won't see him play until Saturday night in Toronto, or Sunday against Tampa Bay. The big thing will be how the Wings do until then... IE if they continue to be on their roll, they will not necessarily rush Pav back, however I think we will see him back at some point next weekend if all is deemed to be well early this week.

So pavs 3 weeks are up wensday, Would be awesome

To have him for thursdays game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken Daniels talked about the injury front and said Andersson was the only one on the radar to come back soon. Not that Daniels knows everything about Datsyuk's situation but the fact he didn't mention Dats wasn't a good sign in my eyes.

Ken Daniels talked about the injury front and said Andersson was the only one on the radar to come back soon. Not that Daniels knows everything about Datsyuk's situation but the fact he didn't mention Dats wasn't a good sign in my eyes.

Most likely cause Pav hasn't done anything for the last 2 weeks and hasn't been evaluated yet so they don't know where he's at. I heard he would be evaluated next week (per Khan I think) so fingers crossed for the weekend!

The impression I got was that Datsyuk sat out to heal up through rest. He could still technically play but they didn't want him to reinjure himself. So I've got to imagine that so long as the Wings are winning, they will rest him, but if they need him after this week he'll probably be able to play.

I see him returning against Boston next Wednesday. Just my gut feeling

That would be a big mistake to have him play his first game back against them. In my opinion Pav will likely skate tomorrow or Wednesday and they will evaluate where he is at. Depending on how that goes he will want to get in a few practices with the team before playing. Depending on how the team does against Columbus and Montreal this week, I think that will have an impact on how soon Pav plays, whether it be by next Sat or Sunday. Either way, the way Boston plays, even if Pav is back before that I think the Wings should sit him out against the Bruins to avoid a guy like Marchand taking a dirty run at him. Either way, he will likely be back within a week or so I think.

I think Datsyuk is in a "rest and reevaluate" situation. I hope the rest is helping because I don't recall them ruling out surgery as a treatment option.

This is the second straight lost year of for Weiss...his injury is perhaps even more costly than Datsyuk and Z's because we expended assets to acquire Legwand. I don't know that we make that trade if Weiss was healthy.

Datsyuk just posted to his FB page that he has started skating again and hopes to be back in the lineup soon

Dear All, I started skating. Hoping to play soon. Thanks for your support!

Also on Twitter!

Edited by marcaractac

Updates from Holland:

Datsyuk: “Don’t know what’s next. I’ll talk to the trainers and doctors to see what’s next, but right now he’s still going through the time he needs to give it a chance to heal.”

Zetterberg: “I don’t know when he’ll be cleared to skate. I’m told at around eight weeks he’ll be cleared for physical contact. I do know before the end of the season he’ll be back skating, but I just don’t know when.”

Weiss: “He had a second opinion. The second opinion was similar to that of the Philadelphia doctor, Myers’ opinion. I think what’s going to happen is he’ll get a cortisone injection, hoping it relieves things. We don’t know if it’s inflammation or if it’s a different issue or if it’s scar tissue. He feels OK going 65, 70, 75 percent, but when he pushes all out he feels pain and when he gets pain he backs back off. He’s been told to push through. He’s pushed through. We’re going to give him another 72 hours and keep our fingers crossed that there’s some progress.”

Cleary: “I think he’s frustrated at the lack of … during the Olympic break he did some things and he had a reaction. He got some fluid on his knee, had it drained then he got some more fluid on his knee. He feels better, but nowhere near where he needs it to be to talk about practicing every day and making a comeback.”