• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MabusIncarnate

1/31 GDT: Capitals 3 @ Red Wings 4 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

323 posts in this topic

OK ... not watching but just looked at boxscore, it appears we are outplaying them but are down 1-0.

Babs ... you don't have to do the US team a favor and 'get Howie' going before Olympics.

How does one of thise not go in... can we get a ******* bounce

It's a strange thought here in Detroit but Defense can also contribute to offense.

Sure, but I think I'll pin that on the offense moreso

Out forwards are fine even with the injuries. A little inexperienced in there own zone but our fully healthy Defense is garbage blowing games

Our offense gave up the scoring chances tonight not our defense

Man so close! Refs need to call more penalties on all the wackin and hackin going on by the Caps.

Well. At this pace, we should be able to score. Of course they'll turn in an awful 2nd and lose the game

I actually agree that our problems stem from the blue line. We have one of the worst puck possessing blue lines in the NHL. We cannot clear our own zones and we constantly turn the puck over in our own zone or in the neutral zone. That should be the priority in the off season. No chance getting a top line defensemen in the next month.

datterberg1340 likes this

a lot of you probably thought it was a good period with the amount of shots.

i thought they sucked. shots on the PP from top of the circle. caps showed you how to score on a PP. alfie is the only sniper thats allowed to try a shot to score from the top of the circle.

most of the shots from far away. the good chances they choked on. the defense was terrible every dman on the ice.

go score a goal dammit

Caps are being mean sob's in front of their net. Can't see how they get away with that the entire game - refs will have to stop it eventually. Decent period without any finishing. Sheahan is gonna bang one in eventually.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

It's not a good period unless you score in my opinion. I've seen this story before. Neuvirth stops 72 Red Wings shots and shuts out Detroit and Caps win 1-0.

GMRwings1983 likes this

Our offense gave up the scoring chances tonight not our defense

DD was getting beat all period takes a penalty. PP goal was a tap in from a pass that went through both D men. A lot of blatant turnovers and awful play in the offensive zone.

Minus the Tatar turnover our forwards have been solid. The D are just not contributing a thing not completely terrible they're just there