• Please log in to reply
1816 replies to this topic

#1681 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

Tatar wants out anyway though, he's pretty much made that clear. He's threatened more than once to bolt back to the KHL if not brought up, which I completely don't fault him for being subject to such an incompetent and disconnected GM, but nonetheless I think he's already decided he rather play somewhere else. 

One thing we have a plethora of is forwards, might as well take a risk and get a guy with a killer right shot from the point.

Regardless, wouldn't save our dumpster fire of an offseason though.

Good thing Tatar doesn't read LGW lol

#1682 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

STEMPNIAK CLOSING IN ON ONE-YEAR DEAL WITH RANGERS.

I wonder if he got more than Danny boy?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#1683 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

Kulikov signed to a 3 year $13million dollar deal with FLA.  (That's a pretty penny.)

What does this mean for DeKeyser's eventual payday?

From Proteau (THN: Post to Post Blog)

http://www.thehockey...-contract-does/

Some may say they gave too much money to a guy who has never had more than eight goals and 28 points in a single season, but one quick glimpse of the market for defensemen (hello, Nikita Nikitin at $4.5 million a year!) tells you Tallon had to give Kulikov the going rate for a young player at his position

...and I can't believe "Preds Guy"

PredsFanTheBayouState

photo-thumb-20055.jpg?_r=1398383755

didn't already post this:

Preds sign:

Derek Roy for 1 year/ $1 millon

Mike Ribeiro for 1 year/$1.05 million

...maybe I missed it.

Edited by e_prime, 19 July 2014 - 09:07 AM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#1684 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Kulikov signed to a 3 year $13million dollar deal with FLA.  (That's a pretty penny.)
What does this mean for DeKeyser's eventual payday?

From Proteau (THN: Post to Post Blog)
http://www.thehockey...-contract-does/

...and I can't believe "Preds Guy" didn't already post this:

Preds sign:
Derek Roy for 1 year/ $1 millon
Mike Ribeiro for 1 year/$1.05 million

...maybe I missed it.

It's predsfan not preds guy

#1685 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

It's predsfan not preds guy

Fixed.

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#1686 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Rangers sign Stempniak to 1-year, $900K contract

boy does the Cleary deal look good................................................... :withstupid:

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#1687 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Seabrook and Bickell and others from Chicago are available per nhl.com. Would love to have them. Both can make a huge impact on our team. Kenny needs to wake up.

#1688 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Seabrook and Bickell and others from Chicago are available per nhl.com. Would love to have them. Both can make a huge impact on our team. Kenny needs to wake up.

No on Bickell

#1689 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Bickell can go fly a kite....but Seabrook would be nice for the right deal.

#1690 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

I'd be willing to move significant assets for Seabrook. RH Top pair Dman on a cap hit of 5.8mill for 2 more years.

You would think the Blackhawks wouldn't even be considering trading him. If I were the hawks I'd be trying to dump Rozsival and/or Oduya on the backend and Bickel and Versteeg up front.

The Hawks could probably cut enough cap for 2015-2016 with this lineup:

Saad - Toews - Kane

Hossa - Teravainen - Sharp

Morin - Shaw - Smith

Ross - Kruger - Regin

(2 kids on ELCs)

Keith - Seabrook

Hjalmarsson - Oduya

Leddy - Rundblad

Clendening

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#1691 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

I'd rather not take on Bickell, but Seabrook is exactly what our blueline needs.  That is a trade where I would be willing to use Tatar as a centrepiece. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1692 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

According to @THNKenCampbell, Ryan O'Reilly asking for $6.75 million in arbitration. Avs offering $5.525 million. One year award.

$5.525 Avs offering O'Reilly represents 15% pay cut from '13-14 salary of $6.5 million, maximum pay cut allowed under CBA.

Adam Proteau @Proteautype 3m

Ryan O'Reilly scored nearly 30 goals last season, and the Avs are offering him the maximum pay cut allowed under the CBA? #gong

#1693 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

According to @THNKenCampbell, Ryan O'Reilly asking for $6.75 million in arbitration. Avs offering $5.525 million. One year award.

$5.525 Avs offering O'Reilly represents 15% pay cut from '13-14 salary of $6.5 million, maximum pay cut allowed under CBA.

Adam Proteau @Proteautype 3m

Ryan O'Reilly scored nearly 30 goals last season, and the Avs are offering him the maximum pay cut allowed under the CBA? #gong

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  Colorado showing the kind of class that's made them a first rate organization over the years. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#1694 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Holy smokes if we get Brent Seabrook I will forgive Kenny for everything

A huge part of his play is definitely a result of playing with Keith but I mean pair him with Dekeyser and you've got a solid top 4 (other two being Kronner & Smith)

#1695 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

steve simmons @simmonssteve 47m

Once again Cody Franson avoids arbitration with Leafs. Signs one year deal at 3.3 million.

Winging It In Motown @wingingitmotown 31m

The Leafs avoiding arbitration with Cody Franson means they can trade him.

In no way, shape, or form do I wish to drag the discussion back to Doomsville, but let us count the number of defensive signings that are better than the Quincey deal.  Oh, the discussion never left Doomsville... Whew!  I'm safe.

EDIT:  For the record, I understand that some of the signings have individual circumstances/discussions around them. (RFAs, players that actually would sign with DET, etc.)  So, let's not nitpick.

EDIT2: Of course, in the end, we should all take a deep breath and be happy that at least Kenny didn't sign Orpik to that horrible contract.

Edited by e_prime, 21 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#1696 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

There's a difference between being genuinely, solidly available and being the subject of mostly baseless, speculative rumor-milling. I'm assuming the latter is what we're dealing in here, yes? Even if they are truly available, how are we landing either one of them, never mind both? And what are the odds that Seabrook would re-sign with us (his current contract has two more seasons on it), given that seemingly no big names want to sign with the Wings? Maybe two years from now we're a better team and a much more attractive destination for UFAs, but Chicago is going to want our best young talent.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1697 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

It is unbelievable how the Aves are treating O'Reilly. I get that they're trying to sign him to the best deal they possibly can, but you don't cheap out on a player like this. O'Reilly is coming off a career year and is an unbelievable two-way player that is only 23 years old. If they're not careful things will go sour and they will lose him for little to nothing.

Franson is a player I really wanted 4 years ago when he was in Nashville, and nothing much has changed since then. I would love to get Franson on this team if the price was right. He is a solid all around defenseman with a booming shot that would be a massive boost to our power-play.

I would give up Kindl and Ouellet plus a mid round pick in a heart beat for Cody Franson.

Regarding Seabrook. Zero percent chance we would get him and I doubt I'd be willing to give up what it would take to get him.

You'd be talking Nyquist and / or Jurco, Sproul and / or Ouellet, plus picks... No thanks!

Edited by krsmith17, 21 July 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#1698 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

James Mirtle @mirtle 1m

Was told early in weekend that Leafs would settle in $3.25-million range. Same source said Franson would then be dealt, so we'll see.

#1699 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

I fully agree about the Ryan O'Reilly saga, the guy came of a career year the Avs were willing to match the offersheet and now they expect him to take less ? And if he doesn't play along they take him to club filed arbitration ? Wow just wow.

Thankfully O'Reilly is a Newport Sports client and they won't cave one bit here, why should they. Yeah Duchene took less money for longer term but that doesn't mean every player has and will do the same. Sakic really has to think about the bottom line here: Ryan O'Reilly on the open market would get easily get something close to 7 aav, so expecting him to 1 mill less per year is just insane. Dater has a really good inside article about the whole thing http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs

If the Avs clearly believe in that "Duchene cap" good luck signing top UFAS in the free agent market, it's not going to happen they've already lost Statsny and are now willing to risk another loss in O'Reilly. If I'm O'Reilly I'm thinking :,, Okay, they don't think I'm worth more than 6 million after a career year although they've matched an offer-sheet and all because of some internal "cap structure"...You know what screw that, Meahan should get me the best arbitration deal possible I'm going to sign a one year deal, so my trade value will be low, having my best offseason workout ever and when all is said and done I'm going to a team that values me and my skills..."

Top centers are so hard to come by in the cap era and the Avs are looking at losing two of them in a span of one year, wow. Just goes to show you how happy we can be with Mike Ilitch guy would spend whatever it takes to ice a winner, sadly the NHL doesn't allow it.

Edited by frankgrimes, 21 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#1700 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m
Was told early in weekend that Leafs would settle in $3.25-million range. Same source said Franson would then be dealt, so we'll see.

I would love Cody Franson simply because I think he would cost us the least and he is still a decent player. If we were still in the West I think it would be a done deal but hard to trade with people in your own division.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 21 July 2014 - 12:19 PM.