• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2014 Offseason League Signings and Trades

Rate this topic

I figured we could have one place to post all of the signings and trades from around the league that didn't warrant their own thread. In the coming weeks there will likely be many. (Mods, delete if you think it's a bad idea)

Today:

Colorado resigned Jamie McGinn 2 years 5.9 million (2.9M, 3M)

Detroit resigned Gustavsson 1 year 1.5M

Lightning resigned Alex Kilorn 2 years 5.1 million (2.4M, 2.7M)

I think it's a great to have them in one place and should be pinned.

Mods?

I think the mods took a vacation from the site, because there's a full on recruiting pitch for the hare Krishna in the minor and pro league affiliate forum, and its been there for a full day now.

I think the mods took a vacation from the site, because there's a full on recruiting pitch for the hare Krishna in the minor and pro league affiliate forum, and its been there for a full day now.

Someone could've reported it so it would be brought to a mods attention.

We don't see every single post in every forum, especially in the offseason. Reports help us clean up things like that quicker.

I don't know that the thread needs to be pinned. The activity should keep it near the top if there's anything going on.

Dale Weise has re-signed with Montreal for two years.

Too bad he'll only see one of those years, since Milan Lucic is going tof****** kill him next year.

Good signing for Montreal and on a good term. Milan Lucic is all talk. You don't taunt people in the hand shake line. Too bad there aren't kocurs, proberts, or grimsons in the league to take care of a player like that.

Good signing for Montreal and on a good term. Milan Lucic is all talk. You don't taunt people in the hand shake line. Too bad there aren't kocurs, proberts, or grimsons in the league to take care of a player like that.

He ran away from John Scott at the end of the regular season. He rarely fights heavyweights.

Someone could've reported it so it would be brought to a mods attention.

We don't see every single post in every forum, especially in the offseason. Reports help us clean up things like that quicker.

I don't know that the thread needs to be pinned. The activity should keep it near the top if there's anything going on.

I'm on a smart phone, or I would've reported it.

Marian Gaborik was offered a 3 year 15M deal by LA. it will be interesting to see if he takes a major pay cut to stay with a contender.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24594466/nhl-rumors-marian-gaborik-offered-three-year-contract-by-kings

He should. He's been 'money' on that team and they can continue to contend if he and others stick around.

We'll see if payday matters more to him now, or getting his name on the Cup again.

EDIT: For reference, Gabby has over $65million in career earnings according to CapGeek.

Edited by e_prime

Hartnell and Umberger are basically the same player. And both are incredibly valuable secondary players. Good trade by the BJs considering Umberger wanted out. They got good value for a guy who I'm sure they'd rather have kept.

p.s. I still hate Hartnell...with a passion.

Hartnell and Umberger are basically the same player. And both are incredibly valuable secondary players. Good trade by the BJs considering Umberger wanted out. They got good value for a guy who I'm sure they'd rather have kept.

p.s. I still hate Hartnell...with a passion.

Unless he played for us?

P.S.: There goes Umberger. Also. Size for Size. Player for player. This does not bode well for us trading away smallish-softish-Euros. :(

Unless he played for us?

P.S.: There goes Umberger. Also. Size for Size. Player for player. This does not bode well for us trading away smallish-softish-Euros. :(

Nope. I would have moved Franzen and Andersson for Umberger and a pick in a heartbeat. Would have given us close to the same production and made us WAY harder to play against.

If it's not clear, I'm a huge Umberger fan. He's Abby with scoring ability and his special teams play is very strong. One of the better PP net front guys in the league. Next to Kesler, of course (still hoping).