• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#301 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

How about forget Niskanen and go after Erhoff AND Boyle... Throw Erhoff 4 million per and Boyle 3 million and call it a day. Simple as that...LoL.

#302 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

How about forget Niskanen and go after Erhoff AND Boyle... Throw Erhoff 4 million per and Boyle 3 million and call it a day. Simple as that...LoL.

I am not sure if you are kidding. Boyle wants 2 years $5.5 per, and ehrhoff will probably be asking at least that

#303 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Interesting tidbit from Chuck Pleiness:

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 5m

@DavidEnglander @WingsRiders @4thLinePlugger Boyle is No. 1. And if they can fit Ehrhoff in as well they will as well.

So much for the kids are alright, if that is truly the Wings strategy. But I wouldn't complain if we landed em both.

#NOMOREKINDL

#304 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

@DavidEnglander @WingsRiders @4thLinePlugger Boyle is No. 1. And if they can fit Ehrhoff in as well they will as well.

So much for the kids are alright, if that is truly the Wings strategy. But I wouldn't complain if we landed em both.

Kronwall - Boyle

Ehrhoff - Ericsson

Smith - DeKeyser

^ our D would actually look legit for once

#305 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

ehrhoff should be higher priority than boyle IMO, but i understand the need for a righty, not too sure why they circled back to boyle after holland said he was asking too much

#306 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,632 posts

How is it that Holland seems totally against overpaying for Niskanen but doesn't seem bothered at all by the idea of overpaying for Boyle? 

Honestly? Term.

I would rather overpay Niskanen than Boyle on a two-year term - most people would. Niskanen's looking for his pay day, though... and maybe the team isn't sold on him being a 6-7 million dollar guy for 7 years.

In all seriousness, would you be comfortable having Niskanen locked up at that price tag and term? Especially since Kronwall and Ericsson are locked up for 5 and 6 years, respectively? Factor in all the kids coming through the pipeline. I think a lot of people would be happy for 2-3 seasons, then be looking for management to begin scrambling to unload one of those deals.

#307 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Kronwall - Boyle

Ehrhoff - Ericsson

Smith - DeKeyser

^ our D would actually look legit for once again

fixed

#308 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

The kids are allright, but lets not kid ourselves...Ehrhoff and Boyle are better. 

I just hope Boyle doesn't get more than 2 years. Ehrhoff I don't care what the term is.

#309 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

I am not sure if you are kidding. Boyle wants 2 years $5.5 per, and ehrhoff will probably be asking at least that

I was kidding. But honestly I wouldn't want Boyle at 5.5, I think that's way too much for him at this point in his career.  And maybe that's just a rumor he's demanding that much. I don't believe rumors anymore.

#310 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

I have a feeling that Niskanen will simply end up being too expensive for Holland's liking, at this point I really doubt we sign him.

Boyle and Ehrhoff would be great though.

#311 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Why would the priority be Boyle over Ehrhoff? That doesn't make any sense to me. Getting a righty at the expense of pursuing a better player is a pretty questionable strategy. I am fine with getting both, but not sure how feasible that actually is unless they move Kindl soon.

Edited by GoWings1905, 30 June 2014 - 03:58 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#312 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Why would the priority be Boyle over Ehrhoff? That doesn't make any sense to me. Getting a righty at the expense of pursuing a better player is a pretty questionable strategy. I am fine with getting both, but not sure how feasible that actually is unless they move Kindl soon.

I'd imagine the plan if they got both, would be to package Kindl+Andersson for picks. Dump enough salary to sign the RFA's and still be comfortably under for Iggy/Alfie.

#NOMOREKINDL

#313 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

I'd imagine the plan if they got both, would be to package Kindl+Andersson for picks. Dump enough salary to sign the RFA's and still be comfortably under for Iggy/Alfie.

I think its' Boyle over Ehrhoff to serve as the stop gap until the kids can come through?

temp 1

#314 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

I have a feeling that Niskanen will simply end up being too expensive for Holland's liking, at this point I really doubt we sign him.

Boyle and Ehrhoff would be great though.

Feelingwise I think Niskanen is Minnesotta bound and why not he could play with an elite shutdown player in Ryan Suter there, play infront of his loved ones and make out like a bandit.

Ehrhoff would be great and Boyle at his age is not a longterm solution so why even bother ?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#315 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

Niskanen is going to get a 7 year deal north of 42 million. Are you guys ok with that?

F*** no. And when he's a 35 point second pair guy the people who want him now will complain incessantly about his cap hit and term.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#316 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

I don't understand how Boyle is more of a priority then Ehrhoff. Ah well. If we get both then who cares. I just hope this isn't drawn out and both sign early. Then we can wheel our dead weight. Can't believe Kindl is being paid 2.4M

#317 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

Niskanen to cut his list to four teams tonight and Lightning and Capitals believed to be two of them. Not looking good for us cuz my guess is one is Minnesota and that leaves one team left. I'm guessing we are out of the running.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke, 30 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#318 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

Niskanen to cut his list to four teams tonight and Lightning and Capitals believed to be two of them. Not looking good for us cuz my guess is one is Minnesota and that leaves one team left. I'm guessing we are out of the running.

Where did you hear that?

Everything I've read states it's all just speculation.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#319 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Where did you hear that?

Everything I've read states it's all just speculation.

http://mynhltraderumors.com

They have been pretty dead on this whole off season and post mostly reputable twitter accounts even though it's a rumor site.

#320 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

I have completely soured on Niskanen. He does not deserve anything close to the term and hit he's probably going to get. He's second pairing. Rather have Boyle on a short deal or let the kids play.