• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

http://www.hockeybuz...en--MDZ/1/61167 i'm not a fan of this site, but here ya go.

#2 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

I've seen this on several rumor sites, but nothing from known credible sources yet.  It's another case of "oh, this guy was once known for his offense and the Red Wings need a puckmover so... 1 + 1 =" kind of situation.  He might be able to find his game again in this system but I'd rather let one of the kids play unless MDZ comes as a 7th d-man and we trade Kindl.

#3 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

I've seen this on several rumor sites, but nothing from known credible sources yet.  It's another case of "oh, this guy was once known for his offense and the Red Wings need a puckmover so... 1 + 1 =" kind of situation.  He might be able to find his game again in this system but I'd rather let one of the kids play unless MDZ comes as a 7th d-man and we trade Kindl.

/agree 100%

#4 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

If they hadn't signed KFQ I'd be more interested.  He's a reclamation project at this point.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#5 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'd rather they keep the cap space and give Oulett, Marchenko or Jensen a real shot at camp....Sproul definitely needs a year at GR

#6 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

This only makes sense if they move out Kindl...

#7 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

This only makes sense if they move out Kindl...

Kronner Smith
Dk Q
E MDZ

Not great but doesn't look terrible. I'd still rather give the spot to Marchenko.

#8 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

If they do sign him, there has to be something in the works for kindl, and lashoff so a kid can rotate in.
Which even if its just for a late pick I'd be fine with as long as that team remembers we gave them a decent 7 and a project in kindl when the deadline comes around.

#9 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

A kid will come in when someone gets hurt. They won't have the rookies rotating through as the 7.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#10 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

If we hadn't signed Q I'd be interested, but not now. I wouldn't even say his ceiling is higher then Smiths. He's just been given more free reign, in our system who knows if he'd flourish. I want Marchenko to get the job, but if not, he's better then Kindl/Lashoff.

#NOMOREKINDL

#11 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

If MDZ's ceiling is as high as Smith's I wouldn't be opposed. Pair him with DK and put Q on the 3rd with E. Q and E would be a nasty 3rd pair.

#12 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Is this an E5

#13 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Used to like him in NY. The he turned into their Q. Over Kindl and Lashoff any time. Iam sure price will be right for MDZ.