• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Well to be fair, it's not like the Detroit Red Wings are an injury free bunch.  He'd probably fit right in, sitting there with the other half of the roster watching the Griffins steal their spots in the lineup lol. 

No worries, they always get their roster spots back from the kids in the offseason :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

point is, he is better than both Q and K.

number9, if you are sore that much put some salve on it, the rash will go away.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#23 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

point is, he is better than both Q and K.

number9, if you are sore that much put some salve on it, the rash will go away.

Normally I'm not the one crying around here lefty ;)

#24 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

So everyone ******* and moans about how our team has too many injury prone players and too many dud players like Quincey, Cleary etc, but we want a guy with serious injury problems who the Rangers fans came to recognize as a dud for his terrible defense, and who after being traded for by Nashville was shown the door?

bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

...he is still better than Q or K.

there's no crying in hockey.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#26 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

So everyone ******* and moans about how our team has too many injury prone players and too many dud players like Quincey, Cleary etc, but we want a guy with serious injury problems who the Rangers fans came to recognize as a dud for his terrible defense, and who after being traded for by Nashville was shown the door?

Low risk move for only a year. I didn't necessarily want Del Zotto, but I would take a flyer on him rather than two years of Quincey at over four million per season. If he's hurt or bad, then the kids just play, which is my preferred solution anyways.

Edited by GoWings1905, 07 August 2014 - 08:13 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#27 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

there's no crying in hockey.

Good thing for you this is a forum.

MDZ: 16 points in last 67 games (2 seasons)
K: 19 points in last 66 games (1 season)

Q: 13 points in last 82 games (1 season)

But MDZ will magically turn it around here and Q and K don't have a chance, right? Grass isn't always greener, sometimes it's crappy brown south of the border grass ;)

Low risk move for only a year. I didn't necessarily want Del Zotto, but I would take a flyer on him rather than two years of Quincey at over four million per season. If he's hurt or bad, then the kids just play, which is my preferred solution anyways.

That's fair. Quincey though is much better (Q better than someone else at something? Where do I live? The moon?) than MDZ defensively. Though I agree with the dislike of the pricetag.

I'm not sure MDZ would even crack Babs lineup

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

The guy has a 1,3 mill aav for one year, so if  things aren't working out you can send him down and create capspace. It's a low risk high reward move, Yeah he needs to figure out his defensive game but if he doesn't so what ? Send him down and boom capspace, you can't do that with a guy making 4,25 aav for two years.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#29 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

That's debatable

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#30 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

The guy has a 1,3 mill aav for one year, so if  things aren't working out you can send him down and create capspace. It's a low risk high reward move, Yeah he needs to figure out his defensive game but if he doesn't so what ? Send him down and boom capspace, you can't do that with a guy making 4,25 aav for two years.

You can create the same amount by demoting anyone making $925k or more. That's the most space cleared.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#31 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

You can create the same amount by demoting anyone making $925k or more. That's the most space cleared.

I think he's trying to say that if you sent him down you'd clear 900k and only have to swallow about 400K.  Conversely, if you sent down Quincey (for instance) you'd clear 900K and eat about 3.3 million.  Hence, low risk and high reward for MDZ.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartbroken we didn't sign MDZ.  I don't really care.  But I do think your debate will be more productive if you two are at least speaking the same language.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#32 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Exactly if things go south with MDZ getting rid off him is much easier

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#33 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Plus no one would ever pick up quincey on waivers especially at 4.25 per, but mdz at 1.3 could get snatched off waivers relieving you of the extra 400 k as well

#34 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Plus no one would ever pick up quincey on waivers especially at 4.25 per, but mdz at 1.3 could get snatched off waivers relieving you of the extra 400 k as well

If he was bad enough to get waived I doubt he'd get claimed.

#35 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

"One man’s trash…………...

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#36 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

"One mans trash...

I think in this case the phrase goes, "One man's trash is another man's garbage. "

#37 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

I think in this case the phrase goes, "One man's trash is another man's garbage. "

I hope not considering we're in the EXACT same situation with Stephen Weiss.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

I'm not saying he would for sure be claimed. But considering his age potential and cap hit he is far and away more likely to be claimed than quincey