• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

8 Legged RedWing

9/22/14 7:00 PM. Preseason GDT - DET 2 @ PIT 1

Rate this topic

good its not just me - these guys are crap. wasn't sure if I'm just rusty from a summer of no hockey watching

pens announcers are generally known around the league as some of the worst. even pens fans will admit that.

Say what you want about how bad the Pens announcers are, blah, blah, blah. They called the Marchenko penalty as it was...a fantom call. Can we please not start the "everybody in the league has it out for the Red Wings" crap so early in the season?

So I just caught the end of the second. How are things looking?

Backman has looked real solid for the most part. Much more poised than I was expecting. Sproul had a nice PP shift in the first where he essentially took the quarterback role onto his own shoulders and was doing a good job distributing the puck and finding open lanes to shoot. He got crushed joining the rush by Bortuzzo in the second, but he's back on the ice so looks like nothing serious. Helm Datsyuk Tatar line has looked pretty good. Tatar and Datsyuk have some pretty solid chemistry so far tonight. Cleary hasn't looked bad, but I haven't really noticed him much. Our defense looked pretty shaky at first, but it looks like they've settled down a bit. Kronwall looks like he's playing lazy. Anithisou (sp?) and Frk haven't really stood out.

Say what you want about how bad the Pens announcers are, blah, blah, blah. They called the Marchenko penalty as it was...a fantom call. Can we please not start the "everybody in the league has it out for the Red Wings" crap so early in the season?

Say what you will but the announcers have been awful. Pen's announcers are known to be awful not by just us "bias" wings fans.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Backman has looked real solid for the most part. Much more poised than I was expecting. Sproul had a nice PP shift in the first where he essentially took the quarterback role onto his own shoulders and was doing a good job distributing the puck and finding open lanes to shoot. He got crushed joining the rush by Bortuzzo in the second, but he's back on the ice so looks like nothing serious. Helm Datsyuk Tatar line has looked pretty good. Tatar and Datsyuk have some pretty solid chemistry so far tonight. Cleary hasn't looked bad, but I haven't really noticed him much. Our defense looked pretty shaky at first, but it looks like they've settled down a bit. Kronwall looks like he's playing lazy. Anithisou (sp?) and Frk haven't really stood out.

Cool. Thanks for the recap. Sounds about like your typical preseason game. Still a lot of rust to shake off.

How's Howard looking?

He looks like NOT the Howard from last season.

I think he tried too many things at once...complicated his game...it failed.

He's back to his aggressive/compact style. Not flashy...but effective. He was trying to be too flashy last season. Not his style...not athletic enough.