• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

Preds don't postpone game, but get fan experience right

Rate this topic

It's not just the people though. For one, places that don't get snow often usually deal with more ice. Ice is much more dangerous than snow. Secondly, the cities are not equipped to deal with it. No salt trucks, etc. People also don't have winter tires in the South. Northerners just like to think they are superior for some reason. Not to mention I've been in Michigan in winter, nobody could drive in snow there either.

It's true, I live in the Keweenaw right now and people are always in the ditch, I don't mind the snow/cold but I hate driving in it.

It's not just the people though. For one, places that don't get snow often usually deal with more ice. Ice is much more dangerous than snow. Secondly, the cities are not equipped to deal with it. No salt trucks, etc. People also don't have winter tires in the South. Northerners just like to think they are superior for some reason. Not to mention I've been in Michigan in winter, nobody could drive in snow there either.

I don't think i'm superior to anyone. lol

But yeah, I know southern cities are'nt equipped to deal with it. They don't have plow trucks, but they can always organize some loaders and backhoes to clear the streets though. May take longer, but it can be done. And no, they may not have salt around, but sand works too. Lots of people drive in snow without winter tires as well.

Interesting discussion to bring up without making another Preds thread...

So they were on an absolute tear, the Preds were killing it, sitting on top of the entire NHL looking down. At the deadline they add two Leafs in Santorelli and Franson, and now all of a sudden they have been just awful. Blown leads in the 3rd have come in bunches, and nothing they can seem to do right now is getting them victories.

Maybe it's a bit of proof behind the logic "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" as they really didn't need to do anything at the deadline to improve, yet they did anyway? Did throwing in two additions like that harm themselves in the long run, throw in an unnecessary twist in their lineup and things aren't meshing like they had been?

On paper, I liked the additions, but the before and after is speaking volumes against the move.

Interesting discussion to bring up without making another Preds thread...

So they were on an absolute tear, the Preds were killing it, sitting on top of the entire NHL looking down. At the deadline they add two Leafs in Santorelli and Franson, and now all of a sudden they have been just awful. Blown leads in the 3rd have come in bunches, and nothing they can seem to do right now is getting them victories.

Maybe it's a bit of proof behind the logic "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" as they really didn't need to do anything at the deadline to improve, yet they did anyway? Did throwing in two additions like that harm themselves in the long run, throw in an unnecessary twist in their lineup and things aren't meshing like they had been?

On paper, I liked the additions, but the before and after is speaking volumes against the move.

I don't know about Santorelli, but Franson basically isn't playing. Preds coach is clearly not a fan of his play.

Shows how much we know, I wanted Franson at the deadline.

Bye Bye Presidents Trophy and any postseaon awards that any preds player was gonna win:Jack Adams gone,Vezina trophy gone,calder trophy gone,Central Division title gone,,Western Conference Title gone.They had a really good chance of finally winning something and they blew it away.

Hartley/Price/Ekblad have been the front-runners for almost the entire year. The recent slump didn't change that.

Bye Bye Presidents Trophy and any postseaon awards that any preds player was gonna win:Jack Adams gone,Vezina trophy gone,calder trophy gone,Central Division title gone,,Western Conference Title gone.They had a really good chance of finally winning something and they blew it away.

Norris will still go to Shea Weber but Rinne needs to get back into monstermode otherwise Price will be running away with it soon.

Hartley/Price/Ekblad have been the front-runners for almost the entire year. The recent slump didn't change that.

Thanks for telling me something that I have heard all season,sick and tired of hearing about Carey price,like pekka was gonna win the Vezina trophy over one of the goalies from the NHL's favorite conference and

I remember when Habs fans were all pissed when they traded Halak and kept Price. Now they talk about Price like he's a god. lol Amazing what a few years of development will do. Halak is pretty solid, but he's nowhere near Price's calibre

I remember when Habs fans were all pissed when they traded Halak and kept Price. Now they talk about Price like he's a god. lol Amazing what a few years of development will do. Halak is pretty solid, but he's nowhere near Price's calibre

I share habs fans fears when it comes to Jimmy and Petr. Although if Mraz turns out as good as Price, that would be a positive surprise.

I realllllly want to see what Montreal's defense would look like without price.

Right now they're number one in goals against, and that defense isn't that good.

I don't think their defense is that bad. In fact I think Price has inflated numbers due to being a better goalie than Howard and having stellar D.

I share habs fans fears when it comes to Jimmy and Petr. Although if Mraz turns out as good as Price, that would be a positive surprise.

Just hope they don't rush into trading one. Even if Mraz is pushing Jimmy out, they should stick with a tandem for at least a year or two, get Mraz alot more experience, and he'll still have a veteran goalie in the room to mentor him. Then maybe "kick some tires" and trade Jimmy at the deadline for something we need at the time.

I dunno if he'll be as good as Price, but I think once he comes up full time (if he is'nt already gonna be kept up now) and gets alot more starts, he's gonna be one hell of a goalie. He's already showing he's got what it takes.