• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

The Lines to get us in

Rate this topic

Remember the great Jason Krog?

Haha yeah ... Ferraro has had a nice year though after signing at one-year deal so why not reward him as he's still fast (not as fast as AA I'm aware) and probably a safer Defensive play than AA

I don't like Tatar and Nyquist on the same line together. They're too similar, in both their strengths and weaknesses. PLUS, it's a total waste of Sheahan's size to put him with two small, fast wingers.

Also, I'd call up AA if we clench before the last game of the season. Because Andersson as a third line center all but ensures that line isn't scoring at 5 on 5. Ever.

I don't like Tatar and Nyquist on the same line together. They're too similar, in both their strengths and weaknesses. PLUS, it's a total waste of Sheahan's size to put him with two small, fast wingers.

Also, I'd call up AA if we clench before the last game of the season. Because Andersson as a third line center all but ensures that line isn't scoring at 5 on 5. Ever.

Gus is buzzing right now, playing some of his best hockey imo even if it hasn't quite translated to a ridiculous scoring spree. I think it's dumb to have Helm playing wing of we move Z to wing Edited by joesuffP

With Cole out for good., I'd roll these..

Z-Pav-Helm

Tats-Sheahan-Abby

Weiss-Andersson-Nyquist

Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Puke.

We're so f***ed.

Wimpiest 3rd line in the history of the NHL and yup...we're f***ed. Lol

If I'm not mistaken, the Red Wings have used their post-TDL recalls.

Ahhhh, you're probably right. Welp. Andersson as third line center it is then. Ugh.

Mrazek, Pulkkinen and Ferraro for sure. Jurco was sent down and called up on March 3rd as a paper transaction. I'm assuming it counts, though? Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject.

Helm won't be on the third, and Weiss won't be a center. So, wishful thinking I guess.

And this is what drives me nuts about Babcock.

OK, so Weiss isn't good/fast enough to play a 200 foot game. You don't trust him at center, or in the top-six, Babs. Whatever, use him on the wing, then.

On the flip side, Darren Helm who can play a 200 foot game is being used as a top-six winger, and has a whopping 31 points in the role. All of the responses about possession stats, Helm's speed and how he creates room are great and all, but it doesn't change the fact that he's underachieved (or perhaps, hit his ceiling) offensively. Perhaps, because he's not a top-six guy? He's finished with similar point totals in the past (2010-11, 2011-12), playing in the bottom-six with the likes of Draper, Eaves, Abby, Cleary and Bertuzzi.

I know it all boils down to Babcock's style of play, but trying to win every game 2-1 gets a bit tedious, and eventually bites you in the a**. This is why I'm pretty much praying, as unlikely as it is, that Jurco or Mantha blow management away in training camp next season. Fat chance, I know... but Helm isn't the net-front, top-six winger this team is looking for. Abdelkader's grown into the role, Helm has not.

(This isn't directed at you, kip. Kind of just got me thinking about the Helm situation)

Edited by Jesusberg