• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Free agents this off season

Rate this topic

as much as I'd like Holland to sign someone new this week, the more I read about going with the kids, the more I get comfortable with the idea.

I just wonder if they will indeed buyout Weiss and really give Larkin a shot at being in Detroit now.

Tatar - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Nyquist - Larkin - Zetterberg

Jurco - Sheahan - Pulkkinen

Miller - Glendening - Helm

Andersson/Ferraro

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Dekeyser

Smith - Marchenko

Kindl/Jensen

Mrazek

Howard

still would like to trade Smith and Weiss for a pick or two and then bring up Ouellet as well. Then keep Sproul and Jensen in GR for another year until Q and K are gone or dealt.

To be honest, I'd much rather have sheahan slotted at 2c and the rookie Larkin at 3c until he proves he is able to produce and keep up in the nhl

To be honest, I'd much rather have sheahan slotted at 2c and the rookie Larkin at 3c until he proves he is able to produce and keep up in the nhl

I agree with this idea. I think they're going to give Larkin a real shot to make the team out of camp. Really comes down to what they decide to do with Weiss, though. I almost wish they'd just buy him out now and get past it, instead of waiting until camp to see who "earns" the job. I'd also like to see them go after Green or Franson, despite KH pushing the youth movement. I think either guy is a clear upgrade over Smith/Kindl.

1st Line: Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

2nd Line: Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist

3rd Line: Combination of Helm, Jurco, Pulkkinen and/or Larkin

4th Line: Combination of Miller, Glendening, Jurco and/or Ferraro

Andersson, Ferraro/Callahan

Kronwall-Green/Franson

DeKeyser-Quincey

Ericsson-Jensen/Marchenko

Smith/Kindl

Howard

Mrazek

Franzen (LTIR or 3rd line forward)

Weiss (Bought out/Traded)

One of Kindl/Smith (Bought out/Traded)

I know those moves are unlikely, but I'd like to see them. Also, I think if Larkin does well, it kind of turns Helm into a tradable asset. He's going to be in for a raise next season, anyway. Maybe packaged with a prospect and a pick for a defender, should they decide not to grab a free agent this offseason.

Edited by Jesusberg

Very interseting. This sort of thing doesn't happen that often. I wonder what he would have had to do to breach the terms of his contract. Too much time at Stoll's place?

There's going to be a bunch of lawyers involved, I'm sure it'll come out eventually.

Probably something around his lack of commitment to training.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

This "material breach" is going to be interesting to prove. The Kings have $22 million reasons to try this, but I just don't see it happening. Heck, they were trying to trade the guy over the weekend.

Edited by Nightfall

I don't understand Sweeney's plan at all he trades away a tough hombre in Loooch and then trades a 3rd rounder for Zac Rinaldo who by all accounts is not a Lucic. He is more of an agitator that takes really stupid penalties, sure he will fight but more often than not he will do something really stupid. Should have used it on McLaren he would have come cheaper, is a more feared fighter and doesn't take stupid penalties.

As far as LA is concerned this will never fly, yeah they can try it but man Richards will hire an army of lawyers and this will end quickly in him winning.