• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

When Datsyuk is back, I'd like to see...

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader

Tatar - Datsyuk - Jurco

Sheahan - Larkin - Pulkkinen

Helm - Glendening - Miller / Ferraro

When Green and Quincey are back, I'd like to see...

DeKeyser - Green

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Did you have a personality change and just became Mike Babcock?

Which is where he should be when Datsyuk returns... Larkin should be playing center in my opinion, and as well as he's played, no way he's above Zetterberg or Dastyuk. So the only way he's in the second slot is if he Pav and Hank are on the same line. I wouldn't break up that top line, and that second line is one I've wanted to see for some time now... People get way too caught up in labeling lines. I see that as three solid scoring lines. As long as Larkin is in the top 9 with capable wingers, why does it matter if he's on the "third line"?...

Zetterberg-Larkin-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Tatar

Jurco-Sheahan-Pulkkinen

Glendening-Helm-Athanasiou

Ferraro/Richards

Kronwall-Smith

Dekeyser-Byfuglien

Quincey-Green

Marchenko

Mrazek

Howard

Ericsson (Wings cover 1/2 his salary), Kindl, Miller and 2016 first To Winnepeg for Byfuglien.

Which is where he should be when Datsyuk returns... Larkin should be playing center in my opinion, and as well as he's played, no way he's above Zetterberg or Dastyuk. So the only way he's in the second slot is if he Pav and Hank are on the same line. I wouldn't break up that top line, and that second line is one I've wanted to see for some time now... People get way too caught up in labeling lines. I see that as three solid scoring lines. As long as Larkin is in the top 9 with capable wingers, why does it matter if he's on the "third line"?...

For one, Sheahan doesn't play wing. He's never played wing. You may as well send him down to Grand Rapids if his "capable" wingers are Sheahan and Pulkinnen. That's essentially a checking line + a midget.

Sheahan played wing in preseason and he looked very good. I don't necessarily want Riley on the wing, but with Larkin up, we have too many centers so somebody has to move over. And in my opinion that somebody should not be our future number one center. Larkin should start getting acclimated to center in the NHL on the second or third line against lesser competition.

That "midget" is currently tied for the team lead in goals and has played some of his best hockey centered by Larkin in both preseason and in limited time so far in the regular season... You may not like the line, and in all likelihood it won't happen, but on paper it looks very solid.

I'm sick of two skilled wingers playing on the same lines. No wonder we lose puck battles when Tatar is the "gritty one" on his line. I don't want any of Larkin, Nyquist, Tatar, or Pulkkinen playing on the same line at the same time. Sure they've got skill to burn, and will score the occasional pretty goal (Pulkkinen's breakaway), but they'll consistently lose the possession game. Which is clearly a problem right now.

I'm going to take a stab and say it's because you have Larkin on the third line.

This.

And the Kronwall - Ericsson pairing. Adds up to Babcockianism.

The Kronner - Big E pairing needs to be broken up, E clearly can't keep up at top line level, he's just plain outplayed.

Again, Larkin should be playing center. You have a problem with Sheahan playing on the wing because he's a natural center, but no problem with our future number one center playing on the wing?... Really?

I have a problem with Sheahan playing the wing because he'll likely not be very good at it. He's bearly been good up the middle so far this year. I hate your third line. Jurco should be nowhere near the top 6 and Larkin should never leave the top 6. So yes, really.

I guarantee that when Datsyuk returns two things will occur: Larkin will still be in the top six and Jurco will still be a healthy scratch.

I have a problem with Sheahan playing the wing because he'll likely not be very good at it. He's bearly been good up the middle so far this year. I hate your third line. Jurco should be nowhere near the top 6 and Larkin should never leave the top 6. So yes, really.

I guarantee that when Datsyuk returns two things will occur: Larkin will still be in the top six and Jurco will still be a healthy scratch.

If Larkin is in the top six as a winger, then the other line will probably have Nyquist and Tatar together. That combo has completely sucked to this point. I don't mind having Larkin in the top six as a winger, but that means that one of Tatar or Nyquist gets bumped to the third, and Pulkkinen gets to sit down. 5 of the 6 wingers in our top 9 can't be skill guys under 200 lbs. It's just not going to work.

I'm sick of two skilled wingers playing on the same lines. No wonder we lose puck battles when Tatar is the "gritty one" on his line. I don't want any of Larkin, Nyquist, Tatar, or Pulkkinen playing on the same line at the same time. Sure they've got skill to burn, and will score the occasional pretty goal (Pulkkinen's breakaway), but they'll consistently lose the possession game. Which is clearly a problem right now.

Unless you triple shift Abdlekader, clone him, or can see Holland making a trade that actually involves a skilled roster player going one way with size coming back, I don't know how anyone's ever going to solve this problem of yours.

If Larkin is in the top six as a winger, then the other line will probably have Nyquist and Tatar together. That combo has completely sucked to this point. I don't mind having Larkin in the top six as a winger, but that means that one of Tatar or Nyquist gets bumped to the third, and Pulkkinen gets to sit down. 5 of the 6 wingers in our top 9 can't be skill guys under 200 lbs. It's just not going to work.

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdlekader

Tatar - Datsyuk - Larkin

with Larkin being an upgrade to the Tatar - Dastyuk - Helm line from last season.

I think Larkin needs to play with Zetterberg or Datsyuk. He's learning on the fly and can fly on the wing. Call it job training. And he needs top minutes.

Sheahan fits as a 3rd center nicely, has a nice package of hands, vision, size and defense.

Barring any roster changes I'd go with the following (when all are healthy). I don't like keeping Pulk out given that he's scoring, but he's not better than any of the three skill guys, and scratching Jurco for him means you have to put two little guys together no matter what you do:

Tatar-Dats-Helm (It worked last year)

Larkin-Z-Abby (It's working this year)

Nyquist-Sheahan-Jurco (2 out of 3 ain't bad?)

Miller-Glendening-Ferraro

Unless you triple shift Abdlekader, clone him, or can see Holland making a trade that actually involves a skilled roster player going one way with size coming back, I don't know how anyone's ever going to solve this problem of yours.

Tatar - Datsyuk - Larkin

with Larkin being an upgrade to the Tatar - Dastyuk - Helm line from last season.

Larkin isn't an upgrade in Helm's role. He's a better player no doubt, but that's like saying that Jason Pominville is an upgrade over Abby because he scores more points. Not really when you consider the role.

Barring any roster changes I'd go with the following (when all are healthy). I don't like keeping Pulk out given that he's scoring, but he's not better than any of the three skill guys, and scratching Jurco for him means you have to put two little guys together no matter what you do:

Tatar-Dats-Helm (It worked last year)

Larkin-Z-Abby (It's working this year)

Nyquist-Sheahan-Jurco (2 out of 3 ain't bad?)

Miller-Glendening-Ferraro

I don't know if anyone's noticed but Ferraro is completely useless

Tatar - Datsyuk - Larkin

Jurco - Sheahan - Pulkinnen (if Jurco can get his s*** together)

Miller - Glendenning - Helm

You're trying to squeeze all of our top players into the top 6 regardless of natural position and skillset. I'm looking at chemistry and balance and trying to build 3 competitive lines. I don't see it as top 6 and bottom 6, I see it as top 9. That top line has been great for a couple years now. Tatar and Jurco play very well together, and put Datsyuk between them and it could be lethal. Larkin should center his own line and he has worked quite well with Pulkkinen. Sheahan can do the grunt work on that line, much like Abby and Jurco on the other two lines.

Also, Jurco is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow night, so to "guarantee" he will "still be a healthy scratch" is a bit off...

Kipwinger's suggestion works for me. I prefer Larkin with Zetterberg, Datsyuk have more elaborate plays which I fear Larkin can't quite read yet.

And since someone will be injured, Pulkky will get his time.

I don't know if anyone's noticed but Ferraro is completely useless

Tatar - Datsyuk - Larkin

Jurco - Sheahan - Pulkinnen (if Jurco can get his s*** together)

Miller - Glendenning - Helm

I'm not in love with Ferraro, but he's a fourth line winger, he doesn't matter. As far as your other lines, I think the 2nd is still too weak. Darren Helm (or Luke Glendening) will win 99% of puck battles against Dylan Larkin. The kid is fast and skilled, but he's not strong. He's not doing to dig puck out. So why put him and Tatar on the same line when we already know the Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm line works? You're convinced Larkin is an upgrade, but I'm not so sure.

You're trying to squeeze all of our top players into the top 6 regardless of natural position and skillset. I'm looking at chemistry and balance and trying to build 3 competitive lines. I don't see it as top 6 and bottom 6, I see it as top 9. That top line has been great for a couple years now. Tatar and Jurco play very well together, and put Datsyuk between them and it could be lethal. Larkin should center his own line and he has worked quite well with Pulkkinen. Sheahan can do the grunt work on that line, much like Abby and Jurco on the other two lines.

Also, Jurco is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow night, so to "guarantee" he will "still be a healthy scratch" is a bit off...

Jurco and Tatar were good together two years ago. They've tried that combo since and it hasn't beed good. Right now Jurco is a healthy scratch for a reason. So I'd say I'm less "off" than you are, at least until Jurco proves he can play hockey again.