• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Roster Moves by the Wings

Rate this topic

I don't want to lose any of these guys, but with that being said this is just a part of hockey. Lower level players without big upsides clear through waiver all the time at the beginning of the season.

Callahan wasn't claimed last year, so I don't see him being claimed this year, Lashoff I doubt will be claimed, and I dont really know much about Miele but a 27 year old with limited NHL experience probably wont be claimed either. Don't get me wrong, you never know. I just don't see it at this time of year. I will say Callahan is most likely though of the three.

Edited by kliq

Miele is a Darren Haydar type player - high scoring in the AHL, but it doesn't necessarily translate to the NHL. It would be great for Grand Rapids if he made it through, but it really won't hurt Detroit if someone picks him up. Out of the three, I think Callahan has the highest chance of being claimed, but with his ACL tear last year and most teams waiving their own players, my gut says he'll pass through.

How many left on main roster now?

Just speculating here, but I think this is the roster they're going with:

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Jurco-Richards-Tatar

Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Franzen

Miller-Glendening-Ferraro

Andersson, Cleary

Datsyuk (IR)

Helm (IR)

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Green

Smith-Marchenko/Jensen

Kindl

DeKeyser (IR)

Howard

Mrazek

They waived Miele and Callahan up front. The rest of the forwards (the prospects) outside of the ones I listed are waiver-exempt. I think if Larkin was on the team, they would have waived Cleary today.

On the blueline, I think one of the kids is going to make it since they waived Lashoff. I doubt they'll keep Marchenko or Jensen as the 7th defender, so I'm guessing they'll get in some games.

Detroit Red Wings Verified account ‏@DetroitRedWings

UPDATE: The #RedWings have reduced their roster by 14 players, placed 4 players on injured reserve

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/650731528583016449

Datsyuk, Marchy, Helm & DeKeyser on IR

27 on active roster, includes Lashoff, Miele and Callahan. They'll be sent down tomorrow. Then comes down to Larkin or Cleary?

Detroit Red Wings Verified account ‏@DetroitRedWings

UPDATE: The #RedWings have reduced their roster by 14 players, placed 4 players on injured reserve

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/650731528583016449

Datsyuk, Marchy, Helm & DeKeyser on IR

By that tweet it looks like Larkin is staying up with the wings

27 on active roster, includes Lashoff, Miele and Callahan. They'll be sent down tomorrow. Then comes down to Larkin or Cleary?

It says 4 placed on ir so that makes the roster 23

By that tweet it looks like Larkin is staying up with the wings

It says 4 placed on ir so that makes the roster 23

I believe it's 27 without the ir guys on there, but Callahan, Miele, and lashoff are on waivers so that makes 24. Last spot probably between clearly, Anderson and Larkin

I believe it's 27 without the ir guys on there, but Callahan, Miele, and lashoff are on waivers so that makes 24. Last spot probably between clearly, Anderson and Larkin

Just double checked and you're correct, I didn't see the ir section on the top originally

was just gonna post that tweet. A bit disappointed Jensen didn't stay, but understandable there is just no room. Larkin or Cleary, eh? We know who deserves it, but since it'll be a #12 or #13 forward spot, it'll probably be Cleary to stay. Marchy injured, so he cannot be sent down I do believe.

Edited by LeftWinger

Forgot Marchenko was hurt. I'm a little bummed about Jensen, too. I thought he did a fantastic job during the preseason. Good for Ouellet, though.

Seems as if they're debating whether or not to waive Cleary/Andersson so Larkin can stay up.