• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/6 GDT : Philadelphia Flyers at Red Wings, 8:00 ET

Rate this topic

Considering how poorly the Wings played against Philly a couple weeks ago, this is HUGE. Two weeks ago they looked like a team of amateurs against the NHL all stars. Last night, we pretty much played a perfect game. Fortunately, Howard is playing like a reliable goalie again and we're starting to play our best hockey at just the right time. Unfortunately, we still have work to do. We still need to get points, we need to beat Boston. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling tonight in Beantown.

If the Wings make it, some people should maybe just maybe also thank the great goaltending of a guy named Jimmy Howard. Probably his best game all season he played like an absolute brick. Going to be tired as heck today but it was well worth it, because it was a win-win either miss and a 1 % chance for Matthews or win and have the final showdown on Saturday so yeah.

What's strange about Howie is he has no middle ground, in my opinion. He's either really on and plays like a top of the league goaltender, or he's one of the worst in the league. You just never know which Jimmy you'll get. It looks like we're getting the Jimmy that's on at the right time though.

I can't add anything about the game itself that hasn't already been covered, but I would just like to comment on how awesome the crowd was. First Philly game I've been to where a fight hasn't broken out, Wings fans were cheering pretty much the whole time, Howie got a chant (!) and we got LOUD. All in all an awesome game to attend.

I would also like to thank YGJB for going 6-0 this season! I am benching him for the rest of the regular season, especially since I played him back-to-back, but he did his job.

Re-watched the game as I was a lil groggy watching it initially(due to knee surgery).

I can recommend a re-watch for the connoisseur.

Lots of games within the game, such as Abdelkader vs Voracek, Simmonds very clearly hunting Larkin. Philly's forecheck vs the RW defence expecting it.

And on top of that easily our best game of the season.

Edited by Jacksoni

I thought we adapted well to the constant pressure in our own zone. Have to keep it up cause Boston will put even more pressure on us so we better be ready from the start like we were last night.