• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Lmfao lets not get ahead of ourselves. Almost all the games he "freakishly" scored on we won like 4-0, 8-2 and like 5-1 against Colorado. We had plenty of scoring all around from our team because our team was just that good with the Lidstroms, Franzens, Datsyuks, Zetterbergs and Osgood just dropping shutouts and 1 goal games left and right. Hell even Niklas Kronwall had like 15 assists and lead the team in the stat. That team was unbeatable all around from forwards to defense to goalie to coaching. Probably one of the best teams put together post salary cap era.

Don't forget he lead the team in GWG too in those games, if it was 4-0, he scored the 1st goal, 8-2, 3rd goal...etc...man he was so clutch!

Don't forget he lead the team in GWG too in those games, if it was 4-0, he scored the 1st goal, 8-2, 3rd goal...etc...man he was so clutch!

I assume you're talking about the 5-1 and 8-2 games?

He also happened to have hat tricks in those games. That's WHY the games were so lopsided. lol

But you keep trying to convince yourself of whatever crap you're trying to convince yourself of...

Our first round didn't go as well because Hasek was not doing so hot.

We won the first round because of Osgood. The second round was a combination of Franzens dominance and the euro twins running circles around Joe Sakic. I remember one of the goals Franzen scored short handed off a rebound, Zetterberg did a deke that made Joe Sakic spin out on ice. I've never seen that before, it was painful to watch Sakic get humiliated. But yeah, Franzen was beast that series even while short handed on PK.

But I wouldn't give him all the credit.... He got injured and we still dominated the Dallas series without him. It's foolish to think one player was the reason they won the cup. The team was so good overall that even with Franzen's injury they had the ability to dominate.

Edited by kickazz

It's too bad that all our top players had their primes cut short.

Franzen had 2 dominant playoff years, Datsyuk had two 90 point seasons, Z never scored goals like he once did after 09. That was a short lived era.

Dam what could have been if we won in 09.

Still haunts me.

Anyways I digress. Yes we need a good powerforward. I liked what I saw from Mantha in his short stint, personally thought he was a better net front presence guy than Riley Sheahan on the PP.

Edited by kickazz

I assume you're talking about the 5-1 and 8-2 games?

He also happened to have hat tricks in those games. That's WHY the games were so lopsided. lol

But you keep trying to convince yourself of whatever crap you're trying to convince yourself of...

Oh, I forgot how great he was. He once scored 5 goals in a game. If it wasn't for a head ache, he'd a been the next Shanahan!

Yes, he played for a couple seasons just complaining about a head ache once in awhile, and saying he just wasn't interested sometimes. So, no, it's not ignorant. It took a few seasons for everyone to get on the same page of it being concussion symptoms. When nobody knew, we all thought he was just floating around and complaining about a headache.

Enough about our best power forward of all time and the main reason we won in 08. He's the bestest!

Now, how about a trade or two Kenny?

Yes, he played for a couple seasons just complaining about a head ache once in awhile, and saying he just wasn't interested sometimes. So, no, it's not ignorant. It took a few seasons for everyone to get on the same page of it being concussion symptoms. When nobody knew, we all thought he was just floating around and complaining about a headache.

Enough about our best power forward of all time and the main reason we won in 08. He's the bestest!

Now, how about a trade or two Kenny?

Sorry but I call BS. Knowing what we know now, mocking him by saying "If it wasn't for a head ache, he'd a been the next Shanahan!" is simply ignorant.

It already includes them.

Here is the official ranking by The Hockey Writers.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-prospect-pools-the-complete-ranking/

Wasn't it just a year or 2 ago that people here and elsewhere were talking up the Wild's prospect pool as the best in the league? On that link, they're ranked 28th. What happened? or i guess that past judgement was wrong.

Wasn't it just a year or 2 ago that people here and elsewhere were talking up the Wild's prospect pool as the best in the league? On that link, they're ranked 28th. What happened? or i guess that past judgement was wrong.

Really? I'm pretty sure Winnpeg has been ranked as the best for a while now. I remember talking in PM's about it with Jimmy last year.

This is The Hockey Writers article from last year. Jets probably retained #1 because of drafting Laine. Toronto probably jumped up because of Mathews. Red Wings dropped from #7 to #21 somehow. But Wild seemed to have hovered near the bottom again.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-team-prospect-pools-power-rankings/

Edited by kickazz

Fans and commentators are increasingly mesmerized by draft rank and physical characteristics. Time and time again those things have been misleading. If you've got a bunch of first rounders you've got a "good prospect pool" and if you don't, or they were drafted later in the round, then you don't. But it's wholly misleading. Most of the "can't miss" first rounders go straight to the NHL and aren't considered "prospects" anyway. Anybody who remains in lower leagues are only marginally different than one another. You can't tell me that a guy ranked 8th in the draft is fundamentally better than a guy ranked 28th. Maybe they're at different points on their developmental trajectory, but their ceilings aren't much different. With respect to the 1st round of the draft, you're talking about the 30 best players in the world. What separates them is fairly minimal in all but the most extreme cases (McDavid, Matthews, etc.).

Really? I'm pretty sure Winnpeg has been ranked as the best for a while now. I remember talking in PM's about it with Jimmy last year.

This is The Hockey Writers article from last year. Jets probably retained #1 because of drafting Laine. Toronto probably jumped up because of McDavid. Red Wings dropped from #7 to #21 somehow. But Wild seemed to have hovered near the bottom again.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-team-prospect-pools-power-rankings/

Maybe it stopped a few years ago. I just remember in discussions about Suter, Parise, and Vanek signing there, people kept mentioning that a motivation was because they had such a good prospect pool. I never really looked into it, so maybe it was bs even then.

I don't really trust those kind of lists. It seems that it's just based on opinion.

P.S. I'm guessing you meant Mathews with Toronto - man, it would be insufferable if Toronto got McDavid.

Maybe it stopped a few years ago. I just remember in discussions about Suter, Parise, and Vanek signing there, people kept mentioning that a motivation was because they had such a good prospect pool. I never really looked into it, so maybe it was bs even then.

I don't really trust those kind of lists. It seems that it's just based on opinion.

P.S. I'm guessing you meant Mathews with Toronto - man, it would be insufferable if Toronto got McDavid.

You're right. I don't remember exactly what year it was, but within recent memory Minnesota's prospect pool was ranked really high. I'll try to find a link.

Edit: Another thing, a lot of this has to do with the Canadian hockey media protecting Canada's hockey relevance. If your team has a bunch of Canadian kids they know, then you must be good, because they know them. Surely no foreign kid that they've never heard of could be as talented as your cousin's neighbor's son. He's a known quantity.

Edited by kipwinger

It's all opinion and none of it really means anything. Although it IS interesting that these guys went from ranking us #7 to #21 within just one year.

Sort of makes sense that we'd drop since Mrazek and Larkin aren't prospects any more (Assuming they were considered that last year). 21 is a bit extreme, though - they must not think much of Cholowski.

Lmao yea I meant Mathews.

Actually you guys might be right about Minnesota. I think when I first joined the forums in 2013 that was the narrative around.

Was it bleacherreport? That site is sort of dead now though. By dead I mean not as popular anymore. Also was another opinion heavy website.

Edited by kickazz