• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Tom McCollum heads to LA for PTO w/Kings

Rate this topic

I was under the impression he was under contract for one more season but I probably just wasn't paying enough attention

Good for him, he has potential to be a good backup. He stepped up this season but it seems like Coreau stepped up even more.

per General Fanager he had a one year contract (15-16) and became an UFA

I don't know how pto's work. Does a player have to severe any ties to a team for said try out?

The writing was on the wall with McCollum. He had some decent years in Grand Rapids, but there was never going to be an opportunity for him in Detroit. With Mrazek looking like he will be the guy for the foreseeable future, Coreau looking like he could become a solid NHL backup, the addition of Pasquale, as well as Paterson looking to battle for a spot in Grand Rapids, and the glut of other guys in the system... Glad to see McCollum get a shot elsewhere, and I hope they sign him to a contract.

The writing was on the wall with McCollum. He had some decent years in Grand Rapids, but there was never going to be an opportunity for him in Detroit. With Mrazek looking like he will be the guy for the foreseeable future, Coreau looking like he could become a solid NHL backup, the addition of Pasquale, as well as Paterson looking to battle for a spot in Grand Rapids, and the glut of other guys in the system... Glad to see McCollum get a shot elsewhere, and I hope they sign him to a contract.

this could fire up the top prospects and trades convo in the official offseason trade. After all he was our top draft pick in 08, and gone for nothing

Always pulled for the guy and hoped he'd end up with the Wings full time one day when he was drafted 30th overall. Used to watch him play in the OHL, and he was damn good. Just sorta stagnated once he hit the AHL, and he was never given a shot with the big club, not that he deserved it. Never inspired enough confidence for Holland to bring him up as full time backup. Only brought up as an emergency backup here and there before Mrazek and Coreau passed him on the depth chart. Pretty sure he didn't even start one NHL game. Played a few third periods. I always felt he didn't really want to be in the Wings system where it takes forever to get a shot unless your Mrazek and you force them to give it to you. Maybe a change will do him good and he gets another shot at playing in the NHL.