• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Pistons could play in LCA

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

My wee 2 cents on this - I didn't like the statement that they're looking at "alterations" on the still under construction seating and architecture.  Dallas American Airlines arena was built for the Mavericks, under the auspices of Mark Cuban.  It is a BASKETBALL arena... not a hockey venue.  The sight lines are miserable... basketball (boring) goes back and forth, back and forth.  Hockey goes "around and around."  You cannot see the corners - where all the good stuff happens. 

At Dallas, you have to learn to watch the majority of the game on the Jumbotron, since you generally cannot see the near corners if you are at center ice, lower bowl.  If they turn The Gordie into a basketball venue -- get used to doing that.  Hopefully, they buy a great Jumbo like the one in Dallas, 'cause you will be watching that as much as the ice, if you have good seats.

All about the money.  Oh, well.   If you love hockey and loved the Joe and that classic flat venue that works for hockey, you won't like these 'alterations' on the seating they are proposing. 

It does damage the ice, IMO, to have hardwood over it every other night.  It might be because it is sometime 90 degrees outside here, when hockey is going on, though.    ;)

Also, you will see the Wings take second in terms of scheduling when the season overlap.  That is definitely the case in Dallas.

It seems like it would be awfully hard to turn a bridge into a basketball venue. ;)

On 11/22/2016 at 10:27 AM, GMRwings1983 said:

I can't wait for the Packers to move from that old s**hole stadium of theirs.    ;)

(Disclaimer: I'm a Packers fan) Lambeau has been renovated quite a few times and is now one of the most aesthetically pleasing stadiums around (though I don't like the new addition they did recently with the new seats). Here's the only stadium evolution video I could find to show the changes (it's a crap video but gets the point across).

I share the concerns of everybody else. We went from have a really sweet state of the art new arena with an LED roof. Now we have a short guy in a toga holding a pizza on the roof to go along the one of the most embarrassing stadium names. Now on top of that they have to share the arena with the a basketball team and have all their stupid basketball banners and merchandise and memorabilia...

I feel like we've been conned. We were sold one thing, now they're making a ton of changes in the middle of the ******* construction! To be honest, I'm not even looking forward to the "Pepperoni Palace" anymore.

11 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

I refuse to call it the Pizza Palace.... LOL~~  But I think you actually know what I meant, right?

My comment was 100% tongue in cheek. I don't like the name as well and think it should have been The Gordie Howe Arena. I would have even been ok with the Mike Ilitch Arena. As time passed from the announcement, I like it less and less. 

The only thing I will say positive, is I like LCA better then some random corporate name such as "The AT&T center".  At least the Wings and LC have that connection with Ilitch. Still dont like it though.

18 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

maybe they knew all along that the arena would be shared and that's why they stuck to a more conventional name like LCA.

That may be so, but I don't see why there would be a problem with the Pistons playing at Gordie Howe Arena. Sure, they don't have any direct connection with Mr. Hockey, but the Wings have been playing at Joe Louis Arena for 37 years and nobody seemed to mind:boxing:

Going from thisAR-140829859.jpg&MaxW=620&v=201405231302

to this

Little-Caesars-Arena-WXYZ-TV-via-YouTube

is a ******* joke.

Watch the beginning of the video here as douch-nozzle in a suit announces the plans for the roof.

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/video-new-red-wings-arena-wont-have-led-roof-team-ops-for-giant-little-caesars-logo

"What we have planned is BIG! The largest Little Caesars character in the WORLD will be depicted on the roof of this arena!"

jesusfacepalm.jpg

10 hours ago, roboturner said:

Watch the beginning of the video here as douch-nozzle in a suit announces the plans for the roof.

http://www.wxyz.com/sports/video-new-red-wings-arena-wont-have-led-roof-team-ops-for-giant-little-caesars-logo

"What we have planned is BIG! The largest Little Caesars character in the WORLD will be depicted on the roof of this arena!"

yeah I know, what was he expecting, a standing ovation?

screen-shot-2016-04-28-at-125903-pmpng-6

LCA_Pizza.jpg

The previz reminds me of SodoSopa

they promise you this^ and end up with

HAgDkVR.png

Edited by NerveDamage