• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/9 GDT - Blue Jackets at Red Wings - 7:30 PM EST

12 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Ya. There is nothing illegal with using a vpn service. In fact its a great security tool.

So circumventing the blackout restrictions is ok?  I've used a proxy server before, but it was always a pain and I wasn't sure it was legal.  Also every game that was on NBC or NHL network was still blacked out, which is especially a problem during the playoffs.

Also, it would be nice to be able to just order Center Ice off my TV without having to jump through hoops.

Edited by Mckinley25

2 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

So circumventing the blackout restrictions is ok?  I've used a proxy server before, but it was always a pain and I wasn't sure it was legal.  Also every game that was on NBC or NHL network was still blacked out, which is especially a problem during the playoffs.

100% legal. Just use a service that lets you choose which nation you want it to appear from and chose one that doesnt have NHL or NBC. Mexico and Europe are good options. Never been blacked out with them.

20 hours ago, kliq said:

I can remember that like it was yesterday. I was 12 at the time and I can remember just sitting on my couch so angry afterwards as I didnt understand how we could lose to a #8 seed. Coming off the Nikolai Borchevsky goal the year before, that was a tough one.

Yep, was rough for sure. That loss was what initiated the trade for Vernon though. Osgood had to take on the starting job before he was ready because Essensa turned out to be a nightmare after the Wings traded Chevy for him. Vernon came on board to take over and mentor Osgood. So it turned out alright eventually.

6 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

Actually thats not at all what happened. For the most part the game was even if not the Wings being the better team. The difference in the game was at one position. Mrazek was off his game and gifted two of the easiest goals you will see all season and Bobrovski looked like his Vezina 2013 self. That was the the only difference in the game. 

Mrazek had an off night no doubt, and if he allowed two stinkers, that's on him. But after he was pulled, the Wings only allowed 7 shots the rest of the way. So were they playing worse defensively for the first half than they were for the rest? I didn't watch the game, so I don't know, but two sloppy goals shouldn't sink a team with more than a period left to play.

One thing I dont understand from your posts Frank, is your opinion regarding Chris Ilitch. From all reports I have read, Chris is a guy who is much more open to re-building then his father. Mike Ilitch is said to have a "win now" mentality, which essentially means every summer load up on UFA, never trade star players, or even good players which is what we are doing. The problem with Mike Ilitch is i 2016 in the cap era UFA can only fix so much as UFA is filled with above average players who end up being overpaid. Don't your views mesh more with Chris ilitch then Mike?

See that's exactly the problem I don't have access to news like that because they are either behind an online paywall or I have to use a VPN to even access the sites. I know Wingitinmotown is a good site and then there is fox sports detroit but other than that it's hard to find such information so thank you for the information.

If that's true yes my views would be the same as those of Chris.

As for GCL well I've used a site named hockeystreams (you had to pay to use it but it still got shut down) for less than GCL I've had better quality, no blackouts, world juniors and all NHL games but yet it got shut down for whatever reason, so that really left me angry because I think it was because of the MLB network going after them.

In terms of Blashill look at Bednar he has a much better team and yet the results are even worse I guess being a rookie coach is really hard in this league. So I'm willing to give the guy time. But maybe realise now how good of a job Babcock did of course there were other things like Nyquist breaking out with a ridiculous point streak (that year he scored almost Stamkos like), but it was still very close at the end. Babs has that god given ability to get the most out of his players wheter that's exerpience, talent or whatever.

Obviously I don't know what the answer is but firing Blashill if they miss might not be so smart.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:41 AM, Echolalia said:

I disagree with the first part.  Babcock's last year as coach we were a .610 team. Blashill inherited that team minus Weiss and plus right-handed defenseman Green and wonder kid Larkin, and with our "new core" or Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan etc all with another year experience under their belt.  On paper the roster looked even better than Babs final squad, and many folks thought the fresh voice of a new coach would be even more to be optimistic about.  But the Wings dropped to a .567 team.  Okay maybe that was just growing pains from a first year head coach.  The last offseason we lost Datsyuk, which is huge, but to be clear we lost 2016 Datsyuk who misses 25% of the season due to injury and is only giving us ~50 points a season now with diminishing returns yearly, and not 2008 Datysuk. Nielsen alone should be enough to cover his production, as well as much of his defensive awareness.  We also added Vanek, who has exceeded everyone's expectations.  Blash has some NHL experience now and the young guys have another year under their belt.  Again, I think this roster is built to be better than last year's, as well as the year before.  Yet right now the Wings are sitting at .518.  There is absolutely no reason why this team shouldn't be at least .600 with the players they have.

Put the crack pipe down. Your win % are flat out crazy. In 2013/14 we won 39 games. We lost 43 games. In 2014/15 we won 43 games and lost 39. Those are babcocks last 2 seasons. In 2015/16-Blashills first season we won 41 games and lost 41 games. This year we have won 13 games and lost 15. Not one of your win % is even close to be correct. We are a sub .500 team per our record over the last 3 1/3 seasons with 2 coaches. Getting a point for games going to OT is what has saved our PO run. You have to divide our wins by total games played IE 82 to come up with the win %.

10 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Put the crack pipe down. Your win % are flat out crazy. In 2013/14 we won 39 games. We lost 43 games. In 2014/15 we won 43 games and lost 39. Those are babcocks last 2 seasons. In 2015/16-Blashills first season we won 41 games and lost 41 games. This year we have won 13 games and lost 15. Not one of your win % is even close to be correct. We are a sub .500 team per our record over the last 3 1/3 seasons with 2 coaches. Getting a point for games going to OT is what has saved our PO run. You have to divide our wins by total games played IE 82 to come up with the win %.

That's because they're point %. You know, the thing the NHL actually uses for the standings.

But regardless of whether you go by point% or win%, his point remains the same. Arguably better roster, worse results.

13 minutes ago, Buppy said:

That's because they're point %. You know, the thing the NHL actually uses for the standings.

But regardless of whether you go by point% or win%, his point remains the same. Arguably better roster, worse results.

Point % is not win %. Very different. We have lost more games than we have won over the last 3 1/3 seasons. Granted it is only 2 games but it is true. Which also kills the notion that we were better with babs than we are with blashill. The real question is would we better with another coach? if so, who?

5 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Point % is not win %. Very different. We have lost more games than we have won over the last 3 1/3 seasons. Granted it is only 2 games but it is true. Which also kills the notion that we were better with babs than we are with blashill. The real question is would we better with another coach? if so, who?

Ron Wilson

3 hours ago, Richdg said:

Edit: Buppy is correct. I never said I was using win% vs point %.  You assumed that (incorrectly), then proceeded to get worked up about it.  Who has the crack pipe again?

But regardless.  This team is severely underperforming for how they're built, and as I've demonstrated the numbers back that up.

Edited by Echolalia

41 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Yeah, they're different, that's why I pointed it out. He never said win% in the post you quoted. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, the way the NHL rules are means that losing in OT/SO is better than losing in regulation. 

But even if you want to ignore that we've still been slightly worse. And even if you want to call it close enough, we should probably be getting better.