• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Frans Nielsen will represent Red Wings at NHL All-Star Game

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Agreed

He won't respond to you, he'll only quote me to try to flame bait me. I'm an attractive guy man. 

Well then I wont talk to him either and we'll see how he likes it.  Kickazz kindly inform Bill that we are no longer on speaking terms.

2 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Well then I wont talk to him either and we'll see how he likes it.  Kickazz kindly inform Bill that we are no longer on speaking terms.

Just PM'd him. Also see the editted version of my previous post. 

2 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Ken Holland is an attractive guy.  But if that was the case he would want to flame bait me too because I am Ken Holland.

Well KH number 2,  here is proof of my PM. And he did read the message so he knows.

cdVvWdl.png?1

Also look at this squad guys. Just last year they were reppin them Isles. 

image.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tavares is a stud.  Love that guy.

I dont even want to think about the idea of us getting him as I know its very unlikely, but if we did that would completely turn things around. I'm pretty sure a prime Tavares-Larkin-AA-Whomever down the middle would immediately change this team. Hopefully Holland can get rid of some of the contracts this summer.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tavares would fill 1 of the 4 holes we have.

Need a 1 RW, a 1D, and a 2D after that.  

Would like to see us get Hamilton to at least wipe out the 2D spot.  That's probably the most attainable piece.

He would, and I think we will eventually add that 1D. As far as a 1RW and 2D go, those I think we can grow in our system or acquire via UFA. Remember, if we dont make the playoffs this year, we could get a really good pick.

I think Toews is definitely overrated league wide, especially in Canada and by Canadian media (TSN), but I also think he's being vastly underrated (hyperbole?) by some on here. I'm pretty sure it's just coming across that way because people are so sick of hearing how amazing he is (by Don Cherry and frankgrimes...), how he's a top 3-5 player in the NHL every year, or top 100 all time... He's not... Toews is still a very good player, and like has been mentioned, was never a huge point producer, but rather, relied upon for his elite two-way game. He's not worth close to his $13.8M salary ($10.5M cap hit), but he's obviously not near as bad as people are trying to make it seem...

11 hours ago, kliq said:

I dont even want to think about the idea of us getting him as I know its very unlikely, but if we did that would completely turn things around. I'm pretty sure a prime Tavares-Larkin-AA-Whomever down the middle would immediately change this team. Hopefully Holland can get rid of some of the contracts this summer.

Blash would put Tavares on the 4th line.

12 hours ago, kickazz said:

Well KH number 2,  here is proof of my PM. And he did read the message so he knows.

cdVvWdl.png?1

Also look at this squad guys. Just last year they were reppin them Isles. 

image.jpg

Two of them left a bad team to split up and join 2 other bad teams. 

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think Toews is definitely overrated league wide, especially in Canada and by Canadian media (TSN), but I also think he's being vastly underrated (hyperbole?) by some on here. I'm pretty sure it's just coming across that way because people are so sick of hearing how amazing he is (by Don Cherry and frankgrimes...), how he's a top 3-5 player in the NHL every year, or top 100 all time... He's not... Toews is still a very good player, and like has been mentioned, was never a huge point producer, but rather, relied upon for his elite two-way game. He's not worth close to his $13.8M salary ($10.5M cap hit), but he's obviously not near as bad as people are trying to make it seem...

Add to that players that played against him, coaches and GMs from around the league. The guy is a great player and someone I'd love to have on my team, period.  I fully agree Toews isn't known for providing a lot of points, he is an excellent two way player and someone who for the most part is turning it up a notch come important games. That's all I've said and I really don't  have to defend my own opinion of taking him over guys like Malkin. Just like others don't have to defend taking Malkin over him.

50 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Add to that players that played against him, coaches and GMs from around the league. The guy is a great player and someone I'd love to have on my team, period.  I fully agree Toews isn't known for providing a lot of points, he is an excellent two way player and someone who for the most part is turning it up a notch come important games. That's all I've said and I really don't  have to defend my own opinion of taking him over guys like Malkin. Just like others don't have to defend taking Malkin over him.

Well it's much easier to not have to defend when you're too busy scoring :cool:

#teammalkin

Edited by Echolalia

7 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Your unique take on Toews salary has inspired me Frank.

As we speak Im taking my still financed 2014 Jeep down to the dealership to trade it in. When he gives me the old BS about the KBB being much lower than the 18K I paid for it, I will inform him that no, it is worth exactly what I paid for it at the time. Winning. Thanks Franky. 

#teamtoews

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 2/1/2017 at 1:27 PM, frankgrimes said:

But you just spent and entire post defending your opinion...

You still haven't answered our question about Ericsson I don't think.