• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/10 GDT - Red Wings at Blackhawks - 8:30 PM EST

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Puck watching.  Stupid.  Sproul needs to plant that guy on his ass instead of watching the puck.

This is the 2nd time in this game. Can Blash please stop playing this guy. If for once Mrazek is on top of his game we still get scored on because Sproul appears to be sleeping all game long. Really annoying.

Seriously can Mrazek ever ever have a less than 3 goals against a game? Unreal this guy stinks so bad! Minors send him down I don't care how bad this defense is, this guy never steals a game anymore.... even though it's tied going into 3rd we all know Hawks are scoring again.

Just now, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Most times I ain't blaming the goalie. I know it's the D lol

I was referring to everyone just bunching up, that's how the mites play. haha

Just now, wingfan1991 said:

Seriously can Mrazek ever ever have a less than 3 goals against a game? Unreal this guy stinks so bad! Minors send him down I don't care how bad this defense is, this guy never steals a game anymore.... even though it's tied going into 3rd we all know Hawks are scoring again.

OMG chill out.  It isn't Petr's fault.  Have you even been watching the game at all?

2 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

Bad post. 1st one is a double deflection on the PP. No goalie would have anticipated that one. 2nd one is on Sproul losing his man. Mrazek makes the initial save but the Hawks still score on the rebound because of Sproul. 3rd one also on Sproul who was, once again, daydreaming.

1 minute ago, poel said:

Bad post. 1st one is a double deflection on the PP. No goalie would have anticipated that one. 2nd one is on Sproul losing his man. Mrazek makes the initial save but the Hawks still score on the rebound because of Sproul. 3rd one also on Sproul who was, once again, daydreaming.

Thank you!  Obviously you've been watching the game 

I've usually been tough on Mrazek, but tonight is not on him in the slightest, not on any goal. This is just a scoring game, Wings came out for a very weak 1st and then bounced back. Mrazek has held this to a respectable game so far. It's something to build on.

6 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Thank you!  Obviously you've been watching the game 

Thx. I'm indeed watching. And I'm slightly pissed. Not only because we're tied when we should be in front. I got Mrazek in my fantasy team and I'm falling in the standings, mainly because of him. If, for once, he plays well, our D screws it. I'm never gonna get anywhere like that. From 1st to 6th within 4 weeks:lol:

Edited by poel

Just now, poel said:

Thx. I'm indeed watching. And I'm slightly pissed. Not only because we're tied when we should be in front. I got Mrazek in my fantasy team and I'm falling in the standings, mainly because of him. If, for once, he plays well, our D screws it. I'm never gonna get anywhere like that. I dropped from 1st to 6th within 4 weeks:lol:

Oh no!  I still blame everyone but our goalies.  Our goalies can't be the one reason we win or lose.

5 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I've usually been tough on Mrazek, but tonight is not on him in the slightest, not on any goal. This is just a scoring game, Wings came out for a very weak 1st and then bounced back. Mrazek has held this to a respectable game so far. It's something to build on.

His stats are horrible, and it's not ALL the team, sorry.  He has to be better than he has been... and of course, the team isn't helping.  I am just glad they are starting to score a few again.  Those 1 goal for games were starting to undermine my native confidence in them.

2 minutes ago, poel said:

Thx. I'm indeed watching. And I'm slightly pissed. Not only because we're tied when we should be in front. I got Mrazek in my fantasy team and I'm falling in the standings, mainly because of him. If, for once, he plays well, our D screws it. I'm never gonna get anywhere like that. From 1st to 6th within 4 weeks:lol:

Glad I avoided the Wings goalies in my league this year, unfortunately the pair I did pick haven't been great either.

1 minute ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Oh no!  I still blame everyone but our goalies.  Our goalies can't be the one reason we win or lose.

Detroit is no good place for a goalie. That's true. But Mrazek has been struggling for quite a while now. Ever since that injury he sustained last season he's been pretty shaky and it only got worse after the Howard injury. That said, he's been a lot better recently and his numbers don't reflect it.

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

His stats are horrible, and it's not ALL the team, sorry.  He has to be better than he has been... and of course, the team isn't helping.  I am just glad they are starting to score a few again.  Those 1 goal for games were starting to undermine my native confidence in them.

Oh i'm talking tonight's game alone. Overall Mrazek has been bad this season, there's not much denying that. Tonight it's hard to pin any of those 3 against and say "he definitely should have made that save".

5 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

No it's not ALL the team but pretty much.  Petr is still very young (24 yrs old) not like Jimmy or Coreau.  He's got a lot of time to grow and get better and the problem the team in front of him or any of our goalies are not helping.  

Edited by Hockeymom1960

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Glad I avoided the Wings goalies in my league this year, unfortunately the pair I did pick haven't been great either.

My other one is Vasilevskiy and at the moment, his numbers are even worse than Mrazek's. Tough time for my team:lol:

Maybe if they stick Sproul to the bench we can get Mrazek going. Would help the Wings and my team as well...

8 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

No it's not ALL the team but pretty much.  Petr is still very young (24 yrs old) not like Jimmy or Coreau.  He's got a lot of time to grow and get better and the problem the team in front of him or any of our goalies are not helping.  

Coreau is 25... but a very different type of goalie, he's big and square.  Mraz is (was) mrazzle-dazzle.  And I agree with your earlier comment about Bedard.

They anointed Mraz as #1 and Jimmy had to save them.  He'll learn, or else.  Too much, too soon - with a porous defense, that's a tough combination..  It's harder than it looks, being Detroit's goalie.

Edited by puckloo39

5 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Coreau is 25... but a very different type of goalie, he's big and square.  Mraz is (was) mrazzle-dazzle.  And I agree with your earlier comment about Bedard.

They anointed Mraz as #1 and Jimmy had to save them.  He'll learn, or else.  Too much, too soon - with a porous defense, that's a tough combination..  It's harder than it looks, being Detroit's goalie.

I think Mrazek kinda lost his way after that injury last season. Somebody (Hornqvist?) bumped him quite badly and a few days after he was "sick" and then missed quite a few games due to an UBI. I always had the impression that he was probably dealing with concussion like symptoms. Mrazek hasn't been himself ever since. Maybe that's just me but to me he hasn't looked as sharp as now in months. And yeah...not easy to be Detroit's goalie. Howard also had to learn how to deal with it after we lost key players.