• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Hronek

Rate this topic

Have we got ourself a future stud on the back end?  Needs to put some weight onto his slender frame but the kid is a point a game in his rookie season in the O , with Saarijarvi going at just under a point per game and Sambrook also keeping the scorer busy things looking good down the line. Hopefully Cholowski also lives up to to his billing and we have some good D in the pipeline. 

I wasn't a fan of the Hronek pick when we first made it, because I felt there were better players still on the board at 53, like Taylor Raddysh... Still wish we picked him, but oh well... 

Hronek is starting to look like a decent prospect though. He's been the kid I have been keeping a close eye on this season and he has been very impressive thus far. He's playing on a very bad Saginaw team, is 2nd on the team in points (50) and shots (186) in just 48 games (6-8 less than the rest of the team). He also leads the team in +/- with a +15, most of the team are in the minus, with the worst being -24. He's 5th in the entire league in scoring for defensemen, and 2nd in points per game. He definitely needs to bulk up a significant amount if he wants to have a career in the NHL, but not bad at all for a 170lbs. 19 year old kid...

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/mid-day-quickies-howards-new-gear-a-czech-interview-with-hronek-and-tweets

It´s actually very nice interview (it´s his former czech team yt channel), but not a lot of interesting info

- wasn´t expecting himself to go that soon on draft

- he was afraid of Wings and how he can make the team, was aware of tough way to NHL

- was ok with decision to be 7th D during GR p-o.. he was the only player on GR roster from junior leagues for final games

- He´s told to be full GR next season, knows it´s going to be tough 

Strange guy from the first shot, maybe just a feeling from that interview. 

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

7 goals and 26 points through 43 games. +21 rating.

Not bad for a 20-year-old rookie.

Even more impressive considering his slow start this season. He's currently on a 5 game point streak with 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists) in that time. Future top 4 defenseman in Detroit. He may even get a look this season (after the deadline).

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Even more impressive considering his slow start this season. He's currently on a 5 game point streak with 7 points (3 goals, 4 assists) in that time. Future top 4 defenseman in Detroit. He may even get a look this season (after the deadline).

As you've said in the past, we're certainly due for a nice success story on the back end. Maybe Hronek is the one?

Filip Hronek: Future Red Wings Defenseman [The Hockey Writers]

Just speaking anecdotally, I love his positive attributes, love the way he plays the game. Really tantalizing combination of supreme skating ability and gamebreaking offensive prowess -- the kind of package and potential we as Wings fans want in the pipeline. To my eye, he's looking more like an AHL veteran than a rookie; for someone with only one OHL season under his belt, he's surprisingly assertive and effective in driving play, creating plays, finishing plays, making his teammates better.

IMO, he's our #1 defense prospect right now.

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

As you've said in the past, we're certainly due for a nice success story on the back end. Maybe Hronek is the one?

Filip Hronek: Future Red Wings Defenseman [The Hockey Writers]

Just speaking anecdotally, I love his positive attributes, love the way he plays the game. Really tantalizing combination of supreme skating ability and gamebreaking offensive prowess -- the kind of package and potential we as Wings fans want in the pipeline. To my eye, he's looking more like an AHL veteran than a rookie; for someone with only one OHL season under his belt, he's surprisingly assertive and effective in driving play, creating plays, finishing plays, making his teammates better.

IMO, he's our #1 defense prospect right now.

I agree. Other than Dahlin of course. ;)

On 2/22/2017 at 4:30 AM, Andy Pred 48 said:

Have we got ourself a future stud on the back end?  Needs to put some weight onto his slender frame but the kid is a point a game in his rookie season in the O , with Saarijarvi going at just under a point per game and Sambrook also keeping the scorer busy things looking good down the line. Hopefully Cholowski also lives up to to his billing and we have some good D in the pipeline. 

Hronek is having a Norris caliber year so far.  I am pleasantly surprised at his turnaround.