• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

03/07 GDT : Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs : 7:30 PM ET

Will Sheahan Score Tonight?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mckinley25 said:

People seem to find a way to drop thier success with almost no provocation around here.

I know. Just because I'm wildly successful in business, am renowned in several scientific communities, have a large and loving family, own 5 identical land rovers (why not?), and ignore texts from super models on a daily basis, I don't suddenly feel the need to share that with any of you.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

You're right, it's hate, I can't deny it, but it's not blind hate. If you think he gets paid fairly to produced as he's done the last two seasons then that's you're blind love for everything Red. I said it, twice now, it's not just him, but defaulting him to top line minutes and PP is, indeed, a major reason we may miss the playoffs. My point was if he had such great chemistry with Z, then he should be scoring more. Simple. He doesn't deserve nor has he earned top line minutes when he's being outplayed by others. AA is destroying him when it comes to points per minutes and quality icetime. I'm just saying if we had a coach who would grow a set, he'd demote players not performing up to expectations and promote players that are. I've said 4 times now, it's not just him, but he seems to be the one defaulted top line minutes and PP. He hasn't been anywhere good enough to be there and he hasn't come anywhere near worth his contract.

it is hate, but hardly blind. Btw I haven't always felt this way, there was a time where I called him and Tatar the new euro-twins. Truth. But then he started playing like garbage. Maybe it's coaching, but it's definitely not because of lack of icetime or important icetime. 

It's definitely blind hate. When 5 people are calling you out for it you're at a point of denial.

It is what it is. I don't like the guy because of his production. If there is a reason, then it's not blind hate. But if you noticed up a bit earlier, I dropped it. I'm not going to change anyone and nobody is going to change me....Unless Nyquist starts playing up to his contract. 

Edited by LeftWinger

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It is what it is. I don't like the guy because of his production. If there is a reason, then it's not blind hate. But if you noticed up a bit earlier, I dropped it. I'm not going to change anyone and nobody is going to change me....Unless Nyquist starts playing up to his contract. 

I certainly wouldn't mind trading Nyquist for an upgrade at defense. But he is well worth the contract he signed, and is underutilized on this team. Zetterberg, Nielsen, and Tatar all average more ice time per game than Gus, yet he's outscoring both Nielsen and Tatar. For pete sake even Helm averages more shifts per game than Nyquist does. If Nyquist was given the ice time he deserves he'd be scoring more and you wouldn't have your underwear in a such a bunch. If we traded him to a team like Pittsburgh he'd instantly become a Hart candidate.

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I disagree with that. If someone bring up a valid point or uses logic/facts to show me that something that I post is incorrect, I am more then willing to change my stance on a subject. You have just not done that because you are essentially just name calling.

Nyquist IS playing up to his contract. He's producing right around where a $4.75M player should be. Like I said before, Nyquist is playing above his head, he should be playing 2nd line, but he's defaulted to top line because there aren't any other (much) better options. Someone has to get those minutes, and if not him, then who? Larkin? Athanasiou? So what happens if / when they don't put up top line numbers? You blindly hate them? Or would you think about the situation rationally, and understand that they too would be playing above where they should be in the lineup...

And don't take any of this as me saying we should never trade Nyquist, because I've stated several times now that I would trade Nyquist or Tatar in a heartbeat, if the right return is there. I argue when you say they are "useless", or they "suck", or we should just "waive them", or hopefully "Vegas takes them in the expansion draft", etc. etc... They are both very good players that would fetch a good return, so to just give them away would be horrendous asset management. We waive a top 6 AHL player like Frk or Pulkkinen, Holland is a complete moron, let's waive top 6 NHL players... Logic.

33 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You do realize (And Ive seriously pointed this out twice now) that Nyquist gets less 5 on 5 time and is 3rd in team points with lesser games played and spent 3 months on the third line? 

Yes Nyquist is underperforming but he's performing better than the following players.

Nielsen

Abdelkader

Sheahan

Larkin

Tatar

Helm

The players I just named are all former/current top 6. None of then are producing better than Nyquist has, so if they're worse who takes the top 6 position if not Nyquist? An empty slot?

No, it's not "it is what it is". You're factually wrong in your judgement in regards to production/contract and especially your argument becomes weak when you look at icetime, compare other players to Nyquist on the roster etc.

We would all love for Nyquist to score 60 points. But the ENTIRE team is underpeforming (except Z and Mantha). But when comparing all the rest, Nyquist has the better production. Factually. Compared to Nielsens $5 million, compared to Abby's $4+ million etc. In fact I'd say Nyquist is the closest "living up to his contract" between Abby, Nielsen and himself.

Speaking of which are you hating Abby and Nielsen as well? Because since you claim it's not "blind hate", you should objectively "hating" them too. 

Edited by kickazz