• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 PM EDT 10/24/17

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

The hypocrisy of the NHL at it's finest.

BTW - how many 'fans' show up at any home game in Arizona? 

:lol:

r/coyotes, the sub dedicated to the Yotes on reddit, literally said f*** it a few days ago and is now an actual coyote themed sub.

YnoCV29.jpg

There's some pretty funny posts over there, like dudes asking for help identifying an autograph signature and it's just a paw print in the dirt lol

23 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

can we stop icing the puck?

I was thinking the exact same thing. It was ridiculous. It wasn't even justifiable icing, it was "I couldn't even hit Anders Ericsson's big 'ol bubble butt with my passes" icing. Even if the rules didn't require it, I would have made them stay out there for the faceoff anyway if I was Blashill.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/10/red_wings_skip_practice_hold_t.html

I know most of you were probably already aware of this article, but it got me thinking if this debacle is all on Blashill. I feel like a traitor for even thinking it, but might there be a team leadership problem as well? Z's been my favorite player since his rookie season, but I have to wonder if the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" approach that worked for Yzerman and Lids just isn't anymore. Maybe they need someone with a more confrontational "in your face" style. Z is clearly leading by example, but it just doesn't seem to be working. The team as a whole has no compete level. I don't mind losing if guys are working their arses off, but I'm not seeing that. Z deserves to wear the "C" until he retires, but I think it might be time for some new "A"s?

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. It was ridiculous. It wasn't even justifiable icing, it was "I couldn't even hit Anders Ericsson's big 'ol bubble butt with my passes" icing. Even if the rules didn't require it, I would have made them stay out there for the faceoff anyway if I was Blashill.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/10/red_wings_skip_practice_hold_t.html

I know most of you were probably already aware of this article, but it got me thinking if this debacle is all on Blashill. I feel like a traitor for even thinking it, but might there be a team leadership problem as well? Z's been my favorite player since his rookie season, but I have to wonder if the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" approach that worked for Yzerman and Lids just isn't anymore. Maybe they need someone with a more confrontational "in your face" style. Z is clearly leading by example, but it just doesn't seem to be working. The team as a whole has no compete level. I don't mind losing if guys are working their arses off, but I'm not seeing that. Z deserves to wear the "C" until he retires, but I think it might be time for some new "A"s?

Confrontational "in your face" won't work with this group. 

I don't even think those types of captains exist in the NHL anymore. There might be like one or two like that? And the only one that comes to mind is Ovechkin. But he's not a confrontational one at all, he's just their biggest cheerleader that screams with every goal scored. He brings energy. 

The "As" in the league tend to be more vocal. Segiun, Lucic, Parise, Corey Perry. We don't have any of those either. Maybe Tatar. 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yzerman

Lidstrom, Shanahan, Fedorov

The unescapable truth is that we just stink right now.

Should give the A's to Mantha and Larkin as soon as possible.

Yeah right. Peg leg and piano have those A’s till they retire.