• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Must be healing up nicely, that’s good. I’m a fan of Green for sure. He’ll be good to have around a little longer, especially if we select one of the more offensive defensemen at 6 in this draft. That said, hopefully he opts for a one year deal and there’s no trade protection. 

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Custance reporting that the Red Wings have offered Mike Green a contract

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just read that too. There's a one-year and two-year offer on the table. Holland not offering anything more than two years is a good sign of the direction of the team. I'd be okay with Green on a one or two year deal. Ideally we'd be able to ship out another defenseman, but I don't see that happening right away. Maybe at the deadline...

Agreed. I bet he walks as a UFA. Someone will give him 5 x 3. Just glad it won't be Holland. (I do like Green tho)

If they return the same crappy D as last season and block Hicketts, Hronek, Bouchard... it’s pure stupidity. It flies in the face of the rebuild. Now if they sign Green and move Ouellet and Jensen or Ericsson, then I’m fine with it.

40 minutes ago, amato said:

Must be healing up nicely, that’s good. I’m a fan of Green for sure. He’ll be good to have around a little longer, especially if we select one of the more offensive defensemen at 6 in this draft. That said, hopefully he opts for a one year deal and there’s no trade protection. 

There's wouldn't likely be any trade protection if it were a one year deal, and if it were a two year deal, it would likely be something along the lines of "must submit 10 team trade list prior to 2020 trade deadline". Which would be fine.

34 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed. I bet he walks as a UFA. Someone will give him 5 x 3. Just glad it won't be Holland. (I do like Green tho)

The thing is, Green has stated that he loves Detroit, and wants to be a Red Wing, so I think it would take more than a three year offer on the table for him to walk. My bet is on Green re-signing with the Wings for two years at around $4.75M per.

6 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

If they return the same crappy D as last season and block Hicketts, Hronek, Bouchard... it’s pure stupidity. It flies in the face of the rebuild. Now if they sign Green and move Ouellet and Jensen or Ericsson, then I’m fine with it.

Ouellet is definitely gone, and although I'm completely fine with Jensen as our 6th / 7th defensemen, I think he may be moved, and Hicketts will take on that role.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The thing is, Green has stated that he loves Detroit, and wants to be a Red Wing, so I think it would take more than a three year offer on the table for him to walk. My bet is on Green re-signing with the Wings for two years at around $4.75M per.

Everyone always says they love the team they play on and that they'd love to stay........until they don't stay. :lol:

After seeing all his former team mates drunk with the cup for the last week,  my uninformed bet is on him leaving for a contender (like Toronto or Vegas) on a deal longer than 2 years. 

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ouellet is definitely gone, and although I'm completely fine with Jensen as our 6th / 7th defensemen, I think he may be moved, and Hicketts will take on that role.

Jensen out + Hicketts in seems sort of like a lateral move to me. 

I do not subscribe to I Love Joe Magazine at all. #over_effing_rated

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Everyone always says they love the team they play on and that they'd love to stay........until they don't stay. :lol:

After seeing all his former team mates drunk with the cup for the last week,  my uninformed bet is on him leaving for a contender (like Toronto or Vegas) on a deal longer than 2 years. 

Sure, lateral, but younger and cheaper. Also better offensively and has the kind of attitude and work ethic that is contagious.

23 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Meh, I think he stays, but I don't care too much one way or the other. As long as if he does stay, he doesn't get any more than two years, which he won't.

I'm not that hyped about Hicketts either, and I've stated several times that I'd just assume keep Jensen in that role. But if we're moving "vets" out and "kids" in, that seems like the easiest move to make.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh, I think he stays, but I don't care too much one way or the other. As long as if he does stay, he doesn't get any more than two years, which he won't.

I'm not that hyped about Hicketts either, and I've stated several times that I'd just assume keep Jensen in that role. But if we're moving "vets" out and "kids" in, that seems like the easiest move to make.

Just read the recent article from Khan and he seems to indicate that Hronek, right now, is the front-runner for the open D spot.

8 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Not necessarily. It wouldn't matter to me if there were 18 solid D prospects in the system. If you have a guy who truly wants to be here (not a money chaser), who was just selected to the All-Star team, and is willing to take a shorter term, cost effective contract, then you absolutely sign that guy. Period. If that "blocks" an NHL ready kid from making the roster, than you make room by getting rid of other dead weight. If anyone is blocking Hronek, Cholowski, #6...it's guys like Jensen, HIcketts, and Ouellet, not Green. 

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Everyone always says they love the team they play on and that they'd love to stay........until they don't stay:lol:

True, but from all of the articles I've read about Green, his comments seem genuine to me, not contrived. He's not the "grass is greener" type (no pun intended). I really think he truly would like to finish his career as a Red Wing, and as long as he's playing at or above his contract, I welcome it.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not necessarily. It wouldn't matter to me if there were 18 solid D prospects in the system. If you have a guy who truly wants to be here (not a money chaser), who was just selected to the All-Star team, and is willing to take a shorter term, cost effective contract, then you absolutely sign that guy. Period. If that "blocks" an NHL ready kid from making the roster, than you make room by getting rid of other dead weight. If anyone is blocking Hronek, Cholowski, #6...it's guys like Jensen, HIcketts, and Ouellet, not Green. 

True, but from all of the articles I've read about Green, his comments seem genuine to me, not contrived. He's not the "grass is greener" type (no pun intended). I really think he truly would like to finish his career as a Red Wing, and as long as he's playing at or above his contract, I welcome it.

So Khan indicates that if Green doesn’t sign here, they’re going in on Carlson. Not sure I like that move, given the cost. He won’t come here, but yeah, I’d rather make a trade for Faulk, Hanafin, or Bean.

https://articles.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/06/mike_green_weighing_offers_fro.amp

Here's the Khan article about Green/Carlson if anyone wants it. I don’t see Carlson coming here at all, and Khan pretty much says the same. But I do like that we’ve informed Green that we are not going to offer him 3 years. 

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I agree. Hronek plays a similar style game as Green, but he's not going to step in as a top three defenseman, logging 20+ minutes a night, on the top power-play. IF he is ready, and that's not even a guarantee, Green is the exact type of defenseman I'd want him learning from. I'm all for bringing Green back on a short term, one to two year contract. Ouellet is as good as traded. Jensen can be traded. Maybe one of Daley or Ericsson get traded at the deadline. There will be injuries. Maybe a player (Kronwall) misses significant time this season. Point is, re-signing Green doesn't mean that all the kids are doomed for Grand Rapids all season. Hicketts, Hronek and maybe even Cholowski or Sulak will get looks, if not full time roster spots at some point this season.

7 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

So Khan indicates that if Green doesn’t sign here, they’re going in on Carlson. Not sure I like that move, given the cost. He won’t come here, but yeah, I’d rather make a trade for Faulk, Hanafin, or Bean.

Given the cost? Sure, Carlson is going to cost a nice bit in cap space, but that's all it's going to cost. Going after a player like Hanifin (or to a lesser extent, Faulk) is going to cost a ton in assets, plus just as much to re-sign in a few years time. It will likely cost our 6th overall, plus to get Hanifin. You'd get a few years of great value on his ELC, but after that, he's likely going to get PAID. At least you'd hope his play would warrant that.

In saying that, I'd probably stay away from Carlson. It's not so much the cost though, as much as it is his age and where the team is at right now. Bean would be my number one target out of Carolina, just because of cost vs potential.

On one hand, I agree that Carlson would probably cost too much for me to be comfortable with..

but on the other hand, he’s only 28 and if we could also make a deal for Bean; a defensive core of Carlson, Bean, #6 pick this year, Cholowski/whoever else pans out could look great a couple years down the line. 

18 minutes ago, amato said:

On one hand, I agree that Carlson would probably cost too much for me to be comfortable with..

but on the other hand, he’s only 28 and if we could also make a deal for Bean; a defensive core of Carlson, Bean, #6 pick this year, Cholowski/whoever else pans out could look great a couple years down the line. 

Exactly. If Orpik can play his style and be effective at 37, I think Carlson would still have a lot to offer 6 or even 7 years into his deal. 

Ultimately, the thing I don't get is that we've been talking about this team getting better on D for 5 years now. Here's a chance to make it happen, and we don't want to because....why again? Money? Term? Timing? because now we don't want the D to be better? At least not for another 2.5 years? Because Carlson will stunt the growth of some plug like Hicketts ffs?

IF he'd sign here for 7.5 or 8M x 7, Holland would be foolish not to do it. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

22 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Exactly. If Orpik can play his style and be effective at 37, I think Carlson would still have a lot to offer 6 or even 7 years into his deal. 

Ultimately, the thing I don't get is that we've been talking about this team getting better on D for 5 years now. Here's a chance to make it happen, and we don't want to because....why again? Money? Term? Timing? because now we don't want the D to be better? At least not for another 2.5 years? Because Carlson will stunt the growth of some plug like Hicketts ffs?

IF he'd sign here for 7.5 or 8M x 7, Holland would be foolish not to do it. 

7.5-8ish for 7 years? I’d do it. He may end up getting more because free agency bidding wars and whatnot. 

Re: why don’t we want him?.... I think it’s mostly money/not many people expect him to be interested in signing here. I don’t think he’d have a lot of interest either, but he’s still worth calling to see if there’s any mutual interest at all. But at the same time, I think he’ll re-sign in Washington before we get a chance to make that call. 

23 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Custance reporting that the Red Wings have offered Mike Green a contract

Yep saw that too, Hopefully Green decides to go elsewhere. Would rather give Hronek the chance to make the big club this fall.

2 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Yep saw that too, Hopefully Green decides to go elsewhere. Would rather give Hronek the chance to make the big club this fall.

I'd rather sign Green and have Hronek make the big club with Jensen or Hicketts as the 7th. 

Dekeyser Green

Daley Ericsson

Kronwall Hronek

Jensen/Hicketts

It's not that I wouldn't want Carlson, I just genuinely believe it's bad timing. Do we really need another big money, long term contract, veteran, when we have Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, DeKeyser? The reason I'm in favor of signing Green is because I know it will be short term, at a relatively low cap hit. But hey, if we could somehow trade Ericsson and / or Daley, I'd be all about getting Carlson here.

The other issue however is, I highly doubt he has much interest in coming to Detroit. I doubt he even hits the open market. My bet is he re-signs in Washington.

Regardless, it certainly doesn't hurt to kick the tires on Carlson. He would be a great add for any team.

27 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd rather sign Green and have Hronek make the big club with Jensen or Hicketts as the 7th. 

Dekeyser Green

Daley Ericsson

Kronwall Hronek

Jensen/Hicketts

This is pretty much exactly what I'd like to see as well.

31 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Dekeyser Green

Daley Ericsson

Kronwall Hronek

Jensen/Hicketts

That would work too, As long as Green doesn't get more then a 1-2 year deal, I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

It's not that I wouldn't want Carlson, I just genuinely believe it's bad timing. Do we really need another big money, long term contract, veteran, when we have Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, DeKeyser? The reason I'm in favor of signing Green is because I know it will be short term, at a relatively low cap hit. But hey, if we could somehow trade Ericsson and / or Daley, I'd be all about getting Carlson here.

The other issue however is, I highly doubt he has much interest in coming to Detroit. I doubt he even hits the open market. My bet is he re-signs in Washington.

Regardless, it certainly doesn't hurt to kick the tires on Carlson. He would be a great add for any team.

This is pretty much exactly what I'd like to see as well.

I get it. I really do. But when Carlson's contract was truly a problem (like in 5 years when the little ones start really getting paid) all those sandbaggers like Helm, Nielsen, Ericsson, Kronwall, etc. will be long off the books. 

Anyway, he won't be coming here. 

Just now, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

That would work too, As long as Green doesn't get more then a 1-2 year deal, I'm all for it.

He won't. Not from Holland, at least. 

28 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

Bean - Carlson

Hughes - Trouba

Cholowski - Hronek

Hicketts - Jensen

Yeah now that would be my dream defense

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I get it. I really do. But when Carlson's contract was truly a problem (like in 5 years when the little ones start really getting paid) all those sandbaggers like Helm, Nielsen, Ericsson, Kronwall, etc. will be long off the books. 

Anyway, he won't be coming here. 

He won't. Not from Holland, at least. 

Yep we already know that Holland is only offering Greener a 1 or 2 year deal, Not committing long term with him. Which is fine need to start bringing the kids up any ways.