• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

I might be ok with a 1 year deal if we also trade away a forward or two.. A one year deal/trade at the deadline is the only way Kovy signing in Detroit even remotely makes sense for both sides.

He gets to compete for a cup, will fit under the cap of a cup team easier because we can retain half the hit, and he gets to prove he’s still got it for a bigger contract. We get free pick(s)/prospect(s). 

Then again, there’s a chance none of this is even true. I know Dreger is one of the most reliable sources but this rumor is hard to believe.

5 minutes ago, amato said:

I might be ok with a 1 year deal if we also trade away a forward or two.. A one year deal/trade at the deadline is the only way Kovy signing in Detroit even remotely makes sense for both sides.

He gets to compete for a cup, will fit under the cap of a cup team easier because we can retain half the hit, and he gets to prove he’s still got it for a bigger contract. We get free pick(s)/prospect(s). 

Then again, there’s a chance none of this is even true. I know Dreger is one of the most reliable sources but this rumor is hard to believe.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeahhhhhh. Kovy ain't coming here. I doubt Detroit is truly interested. 

But man, you guys have soft spines.

You've been imagining and strategizing your way through a full rebuild on the back of all of the things Holland has said about 2-3 year plan/accumulating draft picks/3-5 young players making the team, etc. along with Blashill's statements about the roster being wide open. And rightfully so I think. 

Then one stupid little tweet from Dreger and that's all out the door and now Holland's trying to win the cup this year or something and nothing ever changes? Pleez

Pierre LeBrun - "Further to what my TSN colleague Darren Dreger reported over the weekend when he tweeted that Ilya Kovalchuk had weekend visits with Los Angeles and San Jose, my sense of the market for the Russian winger is made up of two groups. The top contenders, I believe, are the Kings (who met with Kovalchuk on Friday), the Bruins, the Rangers and the Sharks (who met with him Monday). Then I think there’s a second group of teams including Detroit, St. Louis, Dallas and Anaheim. Now, other teams can still get involved, no question, but at this point I think that’s your list, which is already pretty deep."

Edited by krsmith17

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I feel like, from an outside source who really doesn't know anything specific about Bylsma other than he has a cup with Pittsburgh, that this is a good move. I also read comments from PEN15 fans who are saying that he's a nightmare and isn't good with the players (treats them like employees instead of men).

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Good riddance. He's way too right-handed anyway.

Yeah, he's already slated on ElitePropsects to be playing for the Chicago Wolves of the AHL.

3 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I feel like, from an outside source who really doesn't know anything specific about Bylsma other than he has a cup with Pittsburgh, that this is a good move. I also read comments from PEN15 fans who are saying that he's a nightmare and isn't good with the players (treats them like employees instead of men).

yeah but he from michigan

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Maybe he means pushing in the card playing context.

C'mon you guys, first you complain there aren't enough top 6 RH on this team, and then you moan when Kenny goes after one. *sarcasm*

2 hours ago, amato said:

OEL believed to have reached a verbal agreement with the Coyotes.

Is this a typo? I think that getting OEL to re-up in AZ would more likely require an "oral" agreement.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So OEL got north of 8. Now the Bobfather is saying Jack Johnson will get around 6, with Montreal being the front-runner. Where does this leave Carlson and Green? I'm think Carlson at 7 and Green at 5?

I think Carlson gets 8 x 7 if he leaves or 7 x 8 if he stays.

Green will get 5 x 2 from Holland. Yeah. 

My buddy said he read on a "complete hockey news on Facebook" that Kovy was looking for a 3-year deal around 2.4 million per. If that's true, then it makes a LOT more sense why Kenny was/is kicking the tires. That's a guy that younger guys can learn from... that's another aspect to think about it with this. I'm not advocating for them getting him or not... just saying.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

7 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

My buddy said he read on a "complete hockey news on Facebook" that Kovy was looking for a 3-year deal around 2.4 million per. If that's true, then it makes a LOT more sense why Kenny was/is kicking the tires. That's a guy that younger guys can learn from... that's another aspect to think about it with this. I'm not advocating for them getting him or not... just saying.

Kovalchuk/Vanek are my 2018 Tippett/Hague. If Kenny doesn't get both I will talk about it for the next 10 years.

10 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

2.4 per year sounds a lot lower than expected for Kovy. If that’s really all he’s looking for, every team will at least give him a call. 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We need To stay far away from green and Kovalchuk .... only consider Kovalchuk at Like 7 per if it means its a 1 yr deal and we convert him into a first at the deadline 

7 !!! :scared:

I am SO glad you are not Holland. 

38 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

7 !!! :scared:

I am SO glad you are not Holland. 

Yeah, $7M is too steep, but I would rather a higher cap hit for only one season than sign him for multiple seasons.

F*** Kovalchuk though. I hope he signs anywhere but Detroit.

Sign Kovy 1 year and trade AA with picks for the 7th overall to draft Wahlstrom and one of the Defense

Kovy - Larkin - Mantha

Bertuzzi - Z - Nyquist

Rassmusen - Nielsen - Wahlstrom

Helm - Glenn - Abby

Frk

Daley - Kronwall

DK - Jensen

E - Hicketts/Hronek/6th overall 

Everyone else gets traded/starts in GR or goes back to jr.

I don’t know. Not focused on work today.

Sooooo here's why Mike Hoffman is expected to be traded at the draft...

Karlsson's wife files for an order of protection against Mike Hoffman's long-time girlfriend after Hoffman's girlfriend engaged in a campaign of harassment against the Karlsson family following the death of their first son.

She sounds like an absolutely disgusting person, and it speaks to Hoffman's character that he would stay with this woman through this.