• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779884-nhl-rumors-latest-trade-buzz-on-phil-kessel-jeff-skinner-and-more

Per Pierre LeBrun, #Canes are asking for a 1st + prospect for Jeff Skinner.

Jeff Skinner Could Be Traded as Carolina Hurricanes Seek Toughness

"Either the players have to be tougher or you have to bring in tougher players," he said. "I'm easy. I'll take either one." 

Witkowski, Abdlekader, and McKee for Skinner and Hanafin

Anyone else hear any rumor on Dan Bylsma as a potential candidate for one of the assistant coaching vacancies?

I've never been a huge fan of Bylsma, but he could be a decent candidate to replace Torchetti on the offense / power-play side. Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Anyone else hear any rumor on Dan Bylsma as a potential candidate for one of the assistant coaching vacancies?

I've never been a huge fan of Bylsma, but he could be a decent candidate to replace Torchetti on the offense / power-play side. Thoughts?

I think that rumor naturally comes with being a Michigan guy. There were also some quiet Bylsma rumors when Babs left.

Here's another coaching rumor from Friedman

"Mark Hunter, involved in almost as many rumours, has been linked to Detroit, Montreal and the Islanders. We’ll see. He’s (officially) unavailable until July 15."

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think that rumor naturally comes with being a Michigan guy. There were also some quiet Bylsma rumors when Babs left.

Here's another coaching rumor from Friedman

"Mark Hunter, involved in almost as many rumours, has been linked to Detroit, Montreal and the Islanders. We’ll see. He’s (officially) unavailable until July 15."

Yeah, I just seen it on Twitter. No reliable source though.

Hunter would be a fantastic add for this organization. Whether as a coach, scout or some sort of managerial role. Guy is a phenomenal talent evaluator.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I just seen it on Twitter. No reliable source though.

Hunter would be a fantastic add for this organization. Whether as a coach, scout or some sort of managerial role. Guy is a phenomenal talent evaluator.

I can see Lou pulling him over to he Islanders. The great Toronto brain trust is splits-vill!

5 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Well Bylsma has been an assistant to Blash the past two worlds and he’s a local guy with a Stanley Cup as a head coach. I would be surprised if he wasn’t in the running.

and if things go sideways be able to set up into the head coach position if needed.

Blash gets fired in Dec,

Bylsma takes over takes Detroit to the playoffs similar to when Sullivan took over in Pit

Faces Sullivan in the Conf finals

Wings win

Pierre, Eddie and Doc's heads explode. 

38 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I heard we are in talks with Vancouver for their 1st Rounder.  Asking price is Athanasiou, #31, and a second.

Source?

I'd prefer it to be a 2019 2nd, but I'd do it...

The Vegas pick is 30, not 31.

Edited by krsmith17

36 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I'm not seeing this Vancouver rumor anywhere, also we don't own the #31 pick...

Only rumor I see is Vancouver is willing to part ways with #7 and that Holland has called to ask about Brandon Sutter

What possible reason could we have for getting a 29 year old center who hasn’t cracked 35 points in 8 seasons and his best season was 09/10 with 40 points?!? Please God let that rumor be false.

If we can trade up to 7 and pick one of the top D and Wahlstrom... yes yes yes

5 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

What possible reason could we have for getting a 29 year old center who hasn’t cracked 35 points in 8 seasons and his best season was 09/10 with 40 points?!? Please God let that rumor be false.

IMO it was a non-reputable source, which was I didn't post the link. The writer claimed that Detroit is in desperate need of center-depth... he probably also thinks we need LH shooters too...

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IMO it was a non-reputable source, which was I didn't post the link. The writer claimed that Detroit is in desperate need of center-depth... he probably also thinks we need LH shooters too...

Haha, in desperate need of center depth... Larkin, Zetterberg, Nielsen, Helm, Glendening, Athanasiou (technically), Turgeon, Rasmussen. We need centers, but prospects mostly.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And eastern european goalies

3 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Haven't you read Lefty's book on Ken Holland? This is tire-kicking 101.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Source?

Giving up a one dimensional RFA and 30 is easy. If the other part is #36, I would probably do it. 36 is an extra pick essentially and we'd still have #33, so it makes it easier to give up #30. The prospect of drafting one of Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes/Boqvist and then either Coke Can, Wahlstrom, or Tkachuk while still having an early 2nd is worth it IMO.

55 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Giving up a one dimensional RFA and 30 is easy. If the other part is #36, I would probably do it. 36 is an extra pick essentially and we'd still have #33, so it makes it easier to give up #30. The prospect of drafting one of Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes/Boqvist and then either Coke Can, Wahlstrom, or Tkachuk while still having an early 2nd is worth it IMO.

I agree.

Which is why I said...

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Source?

I'd just prefer if it could be done using a 2019 2nd, that's all.

Starting to get a "We were counting on getting Dahlin. We didn't get Dahlin. So now we're looking to make desperation moves to help us do that Vegas thing that Vegas did" vibes from the Wings lately.

I'm only in favor of this if they lean into it 100%. If we're actually serious about signing a guy like Kovalchuk, then we might as well trade up for Zadina and put Rasmussen and Svechnikov and Hronek on the team out of camp and trade for a high-end NHL defenseman. No half measures. Do the thing.

Edited by Dabura

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I am shocked, SHOCKED!

I actually kind of am...

I know we're not going to sign him, but even the fact that we're "kicking tires" on Kovalchuk worries me. How does this make sense from either perspective? It doesn't. 35 year old problematic UFA. Sounds like a great signing for a rebuilding team... FFS

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Starting to get a "We were counting on getting Dahlin. We didn't get Dahlin. So now we're looking to make desperation moves to help us do that Vegas thing that Vegas did" vibes from the Wings lately.

I'm only in favor of this if they lean into it 100%. If we're actually serious about signing a guy like Kovalchuk, then we might as well trade up for Zadina and put Rasmussen and Svechnikov and Hronek on the team out of camp and trade for a high-end NHL defenseman. No half-measures. Do the thing.

I don't want any part of Kovalchuk. The only way I'm even a little bit okay with this, is if it's a one-year deal with full intentions to flip him at the deadline. But why would Kovalchuk do that when he can just sign with a contender now? He wouldn't.

I'm not worried about actually signing him, because I know that's not going to happen. I'm just worried that Holland is even thinking about signing him...

OEL believed to have reached a verbal agreement with the Coyotes.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ewhaaaa....

Question 1 to Kovy: "How do you feel about being traded at the deadline?"

There's a better chance a contender can squeeze him under the cap and we get a free pick or so out of it :P 

Really though, that's weird news. I'm a fan of Kovalchuk and all but I'm not sure what to think of this.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I actually kind of am...

I know we're not going to sign him, but even the fact that we're "kicking tires" on Kovalchuk worries me. How does this make sense from either perspective? It doesn't. 35 year old problematic UFA. Sounds like a great signing for a rebuilding team... FFS

Holland gonna Holland.

The only question is if this is purely business as usual (can never have enough past-their-prime vets, gotta put butts in the seats, blah blah blah) or an indication that the Wings are dead serious about only spending a couple of years rebuilding. Like I said above, Kovalchuk might make sense as a member of a deep ensemble cast. But if this is just another Vanek 2016-17 thing? HARD PASS kthxbai.