• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/27 GDT - Red Wings @ Devils - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

This is not getting better. It's not bottomed out but it's not improving and one might think has already peaked. This same club going forward can't do much of anything up or down. It's not going to crash into the bottom 2 for a choice pick or 2, it's not going to the playoffs. I feel hard choices need to be made, NOW, and they aren't. Something has to be done. A trade, a big trade, a coaching change or even, *AHEM* a front office change.

The current set-up cannot exist and succeed. 

1 minute ago, Jersey Wing said:

This is not getting better. It's not bottomed out but it's not improving and one might think has already peaked. This same club going forward can't do much of anything up or down. It's not going to crash into the bottom 2 for a choice pick or 2, it's not going to the playoffs. I feel hard choices need to be made, NOW, and they aren't. Something has to be done. A trade, a big trade, a coaching change or even, *AHEM* a front office change.

The current set-up cannot exist and succeed. 

Eh, we're currently fourth from the bottom. Ottawa's third from the bottom with only three fewer points than us. Finishing in the bottom five could easily get us a top-two pick, because the whole lottery system is so nutty now. That being said, finishing in the bottom two could easily see us picking outside of the top two, because the whole lottery system is so nutty now.

Also, this draft class is deep; if you're picking in the top eight, you're getting a damn good player.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Eh, we're currently fourth from the bottom. Ottawa's third from the bottom with only three fewer points than us. Finishing in the bottom five could easily get us a top-two pick, because the whole lottery system is so nutty now. That being said, finishing in the bottom two could easily see us picking outside of the top two, because the whole lottery system is so nutty now.

This still stuns me as they were so incredibly close to making it to the cup final last season. This is part of the reason why I love hockey so much though, it's not the Patriots in the final, or the Warriors Cavs every single season and it's not stupidly predictable.