• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

6/23 GDT - 2018 Entry Draft (Rounds 2-7)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that Holland has signed some bad contracts and he should be trying to move some of those contracts now. However, the team was still in win-now mode when those contracts were signed. We can debate all day whether they should have been signed or not (I'd agree that most of them shouldn't have been), but that direction was likely coming from ownership, not the general manager.

Now that we're finally rebuilding, it's time to start getting younger, but that doesn't mean getting rid of every player over the age of 26. Even as a rebuilding team, we need some veteran leadership. To say we should get rid of all of Zetterberg, Nielsen, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, DeKeyser and Howard is asinine. Who's going to lead the kids? Or do you not think leadership is a thing?

He baited you bro

17 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, but the vets have to be good = Zetterberg.  Abdelkader, Nielsen, Nyquist, and Helm aren't that great..

All are good players. They're just on not so great contracts... Except Nyquist. Your hate for him is unjustified. Solid top six winger on a good contract.

If Nielsen were making $0.5-1M less and 2-3 years less, no one would complain about him as our 3rd line center.

If Abdelkader were making $0.5-1M less and 3-4 years less, no one would complain about him as our 3rd line winger.

If Helm were making $0.5-1M less and 1-2 years less, no one would complain about him as our 4th line center / winger.

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.  We don't need any of those players.  Zadina is a better version of Nyquist.  Athanasiou is a better version of Helm.  Bertuzzi is a better version of Abdelkader.  Rasmussen and/or Veleno will be a better version(s) of Nielsen.

Hey man, you're kind of preaching to the choir here... I don't really disagree with any of that. I just don't think we should trade all of these players tomorrow...

Nyquist will be traded at some point this season, maybe even before the season starts. Helm will likely be traded at some point this season, if not, next season. Abdelkader isn't going anywhere, which is fine. It's okay to have one bad contract, as long as that contract doesn't dictate playing time. Nielsen is likely here for another couple seasons, which is fine I guess. He's a good mentor for the kids. Like I said, we do need some veteran leadership on this team.

Glendening could also be traded at some point this season. Kronwall will be done after this season, if not sooner, depending on how his legs hold up. Ericsson will be done after next season, if not sooner. I still think he could be traded, if Holland wanted to, and was willing to retain some salary. Same goes for Daley. DeKeyser, like Abby, likely isn't going anywhere. Which is fine. DeKeyser is a solid top 4 defenseman, if slotted properly and given a competent defense partner.

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Hey man, you're kind of preaching to the choir here... I don't really disagree with any of that. I just don't think we should trade all of these players tomorrow...

Nyquist will be traded at some point this season, maybe even before the season starts. Helm will likely be traded at some point this season, if not, next season. Abdelkader isn't going anywhere, which is fine. It's okay to have one bad contract, as long as that contract doesn't dictate playing time. Nielsen is likely here for another couple seasons, which is fine I guess. He's a good mentor for the kids. Like I said, we do need some veteran leadership on this team.

Glendening could also be traded at some point this season. Kronwall will be done after this season, if not sooner, depending on how his legs hold up. Ericsson will be done after next season, if not sooner. I still think he could be traded, if Holland wanted to, and was willing to retain some salary. Same goes for Daley. DeKeyser, like Abby, likely isn't going anywhere. Which is fine. DeKeyser is a solid top 4 defenseman, if slotted properly and given a competent defense partner.

I have 2 words for ya. BROOKS ORPIK

On 6/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, kickazz said:

Can he retire in the next American election year? So like 2020. I want at least one leader to be liked by the overwhelming majority. 

C8_tg6wXcAAd4s4.jpg

See the Helm jersey? I bet that guy overpaid. And Z looks like Jake Gylenhall in that pic. So I guess that's who plays him in the movie about his life?

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

See the Helm jersey? I bet that guy overpaid. And Z looks like Jake Gylenhall in that pic. So I guess that's who plays him in the movie about his life?

I'd watch the s*** out of that movie. Who plays Emma? :g:

Also, Zadina is a handsome bastard as well. Kind of reminds me of Hank in a way...

I want to see the "ZZ Top Line" (BertuZZi - Zetterberg - Zadina)

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd watch the s*** out of that movie. Who plays Emma? :g:

Also, Zadina is a handsome bastard as well. Kind of reminds me of Hank in a way...

I want to see the "ZZ Top Line" (BertuZZi - Zetterberg - Zadina)

This post is so *** and I like it. 

[PAYWALL] Otto Kivenmaki - Datsyuk 2: Electric Boogaloo

Athletic article on our 7th round pick from this draft.

The jist, since there's a paywall: He's a 5'8" 137 lb Finn that no other team had on their radar. The Wings on the other hand were captivated by the kid. He was consistently the most noticeable player on the ice every time they watched him play because of his speed, skill, and tenacity. Despite his small stature, he looked completely at home playing against guys that were a whole foot taller than him. He's quick, agile, elusive, and thus very hard to hit. Because no other teams were watching him, he could end up like a Datsyuk steal style pick.

Back in the 90's Europe was the untapped market for players that the Wings were one of the first to exploit. I'm starting to think short-players may be the new frontier. The Wings at least seem more keen on short players recently... guys that may be getting overlooked because of their size.

Anyway, it's beyond doubtful he ever comes near what Datsyuk accomplished, but a boy can dream...

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

36 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The jist, since there's a paywall: He's a 5'8" 137 lb Finn that no other team had on their radar. The Wings on the other hand were captivated by the kid. He was consistently the most noticeable player on the ice every time they watched him play because of his speed, skill, and tenacity. Despite his small stature, he looked completely at home playing against guys that were a whole foot taller than him. He's quick, agile, elusive, and thus very hard to hit. Because no other teams were watching him, he could end up like a Datsyuk steal style pick.

Back in the 90's Europe was the untapped market for players that the Wings were one of the first to exploit. I'm starting to think short-players may be the new frontier. The Wings at least seem more keen on short players recently... guys that may be getting overlooked because of their size.

Anyway, it's beyond doubtful he ever comes near what Datsyuk accomplished, but a boy can dream...

But I thought Hakan sucked?

On 7/5/2018 at 3:34 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Update on Otto Kivenmaki:

He's been playing with Assat's junior level team most of the year. He got called up to the pro team earlier this year and scored 4 pts in 22 games. Not all that impressive... got sent back down after the 22 game stint.

Recently he's been called up for a 2nd stint with the pro team and has scored 6 pts in 5 games so far. Seems he's carved out a niche on the team.

For reference, Assat is a VERY bad team. They've won like 15 games of their last 53, and Kivenmaki's 10 pts in 27 games gives him some of the best ppg stats on the team. Pretty good for a 5'8" 140 lb 18 year old playing with grown men.

Everything I've read says his skill level is elite. Just a small dude.