• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Vanek Signs 1yr. $3M

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 7/2/2018 at 12:50 AM, TLGTrico said:

I'll tell you right now.  If either one of Zadina or Rasmussen aren't in the lineup on opening night, I'll be booing Vanek every time he has the puck.

Play them with Vanek.

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Which means he's still seen as an asset around the league. That's a positive thing.

Yeah. He even got another 1-200k over a year after he left Detroit. I thought he'd come in at around 2.5, but he probaly had other offers around 3 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how I feel abut this. Id like to see more prospects taking roster spots (i.e. developing our current and future assets) than filling the salary cap. But, I don't mind the term. Although personally I thought he'd come in at 2m. Still seems decent considering he's good for at least 40-50 points and if last season was any indicator maybe more. Then again he'll obviously be flipped for picks, which I totally support. Overall, I suppose meh.

Edited by Keep Your Stick On the Ice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

I don't know how I feel abut this. Id like to see more prospects taking roster spots (i.e. developing our current and future assets) than filling the salary cap. But, I don't mind the term. Although personally I thought he'd come in at 2m. Still seems decent considering he's good for at least 40-50 points and if last season was any indicator maybe more. Then again he'll obviously be flipped for picks, which I totally support. Overall, I suppose meh.

He has an NTC. Doesn't want to be moved at the deadline again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Samuelsson at least had prior chemistry with Stephen Weiss and David Booth in Florida.

Neither of whom were on the team when Sammy was.

BTW, I am not a Sammy hater. Never had an issue with bringing him in. Didn't excite me, but diidnt ruffle my feathers either. Same with Vanek.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, GMRwings1983 said:

This guy's been passed around like a rockstar groupie.  

I think tomasvanek roughly translates to "single mom in a trailer park" in Austro-Bavarian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 7:00 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He has an NTC. Doesn't want to be moved at the deadline again.

I feel like this is mischaracterized.  He has a NTC to control where he could be traded to... not "I refuse to be traded."  

Edited by e_prime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I feel like this is mischaracterized.  He has a NTC to control where he could be traded to... not "I refuse to be traded."  

I thought I read somewhere that the reason for the NTC was he simply didn't want to up and move again in the middle of the season. Has had to do that the last two seasons, on top of starting each year on a new team. Can't remember where I would've read that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I thought I read somewhere that the reason for the NTC was he simply didn't want to up and move again in the middle of the season. Has had to do that the last two seasons, on top of starting each year on a new team. Can't remember where I would've read that though.

I just REFUSE to believe that guys (Vanek and Green specifically) wouldn't discuss being traded to a contending team. 

Does he want some consideration as to where he would be traded, absolutely... he got hosed getting traded to the Panthers, and then CBJ.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I just REFUSE to believe that guys (Vanek and Green specifically) wouldn't discuss being traded to a contending team. 

Does he want some consideration as to where he would be traded, absolutely... he got hosed getting traded to the Panthers, and then CBJ.

 

Vanek and Green don't make much sense. I don't know why they wanna play here.

Maybe Green likes being the #1 guy? Maybe Vanek likes the way Blashill deployed him as an offensive specialist? I REFUSE to understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, there's no need to trade him this time. Like NEO said above, well get our picks for Nyquist and Howard...maybe even Ericsson or Daley. Heck, even Nielsen is on a M-NTC now. The names Helm and Glendening are always mentioned by teams as well. Of course we aren't trading all of them, but if Holland can get a 1st for Nyquist, a 3rd for Howard and let's say a 2nd for Daley, we'd be looking good for the 2019 draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nielsen and Daley won't be traded. Wouldn't want to either. I think both could be good vets to have around for a rebuild. Nyquist, Howard, Glen, and Helm are replaceable. Trade em. E? Don't really care.

Nielsen wont be traded bc no one will take that contract

Daley might not be traded bc hes one of the few bright spots on our defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now