• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wheelchairsuperhero

GDT5

Rate this topic

48 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

It appears that a Chicago player touched the puck after Athanasiou and before Abdelkader.  Whether or not he had possession, which I believe is the requirement to eliminate a scoring credit, is very questionable in this situation.

I seen that, but Seabrook definitely didn't have possession on the play. If it were a delayed penalty call, the play would have kept going and it would have been a good goal. Oh well, no big deal. If it were regular season, Athanasiou would have been credited with the assist and 5 points in the game.

If they're going to be that stingy with assists though, Toews and Keith shouldn't have been credited with assists on Kahun's goal either since the puck hit Hicketts after deflecting off of Toews stick...

I, for one, am pretty excited for out kids coming along! As much as we'll miss Z, I really don't think we are going to miss him as much as we all once feared.  AA is proving he belongs. He will be one of our scoring leaders this season!

I wish we could keep all of Svech, Ras and Zadina up here to start the season. Heck, with injuries, we just might be able to!

Right now we have 14 FWDs signed, take away Z and Franzen, that leaves us 2 openings for sure! We have 6 D signed, with injuries, we may need to upgrade 5 kids on D,or if we wanted to go with 3 kid fwds, we could go with only 6 D and use Witko as both an extra fwd and D.

Also, I cannot believe that Chicago is allowing someone to wear Chelios' #7. I guess since it isn't retired (it should be) it's no big deal, but I feel that it should be out of circulation. Oh well....

3 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Abdelkader should be a healthy scratch, he is that awful. 

Abby - Glenny - Helm is a great 4th line.

...too bad that is not where they'll be. One of those guys will be on the top line.

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Abby - Glenny - Helm is a great 4th line.

If you put all three of them on one line who is going to play "net front presence" on the other lines? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I know you are probably only half-serious but this team was 28th (4th worst) in GF last year. Minus Zetterberg, I can't see that improving much. 

Totally joking actually lol. Our offense has been a big problem for quite a few years. 

8 hours ago, kjw25 said:

Abdelkader should be a healthy scratch, he is that awful. 

There are 31 teams in the NHL, so there are 186 top 6 forwards. Abby finished at 176 among forwards in the NHL last year. Not spectacular numbers, but still what you should expect from a middle 6 winger, which is what he is. better than people give him credit for.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There are 31 teams in the NHL, so there are 186 top 6 forwards. Abby finished at 176 among forwards in the NHL last year. Not spectacular numbers, but still what you should expect from a middle 6 winger, which is what he is. better than people give him credit for.

I agree. However, the people that hate on Abdelkader have a hard time separating his on ice contribution to his contract. Abdelkader is a fine middle six forward, but he's paid about a mil too much. I don't think many people would have a problem with Abby if he were making around $3.25M for another 2-3 seasons. Regardless, he's not going anywhere, so people might as well get used to him (and DeKeyser) as career Red Wings. Unless Holland steps down over the next few seasons, then I guess anybody can be moved... Which would lead into why so many people hate on Holland, but that's a whole other topic...

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. However, the people that hate on Abdelkader have a hard time separating his on ice contribution to his contract. Abdelkader is a fine middle six forward, but he's paid about a mil too much. I don't think many people would have a problem with Abby if he were making around $3.25M for another 2-3 seasons. Regardless, he's not going anywhere, so people might as well get used to him (and DeKeyser) as career Red Wings. Unless Holland steps down over the next few seasons, then I guess anybody can be moved... Which would lead into why so many people hate on Holland, but that's a whole other topic...

Just wait till Holland's Seattle team becomes a dumping ground for Yzerman's bloated Wings contracts

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Agreed. But there's a big difference between "overpaid" and "worthless". Abby's numbers put him as a low end 2nd line winger, high end 3rd liner. I really don't think his contract is all that bad considering what 2nd line wingers make in the NHL now.

8 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. But there's a big difference between "overpaid" and "worthless". Abby's numbers put him as a low end 2nd line winger, high end 3rd liner. I really don't think his contract is all that bad considering what 2nd line wingers make in the NHL now.

I completely agree with the bolded. However, I still think Abdelkader is / was overpaid on both AAV and term. It's not as bad as some people like to make it seem, but it's not good either. In my opinion, Nielsen, Abdelkader, Helm, DeKeyser and Ericsson are all overpaid by varying degrees, but none are at all egregious.