• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Jori Lehtera Suspect In Finland Cocaine Investigation

Rate this topic

Article in Finnish

Basically: 2 Kilograms of snow got imported to Finnland and caught, there are 23 suspects, one of which is Lehtera.

For all you squares, 2 kilograms of coke is almost $100,000 in street value. It's a lot of blow.

Cocaine use is rampant in the NHL, but no one talks about it.

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Article in Finnish

Basically: 2 Kilograms of snow got imported to Finnland and caught, there are 23 suspects, one of which is Lehtera.

For all you squares, 2 kilograms of coke is almost $100,000 in street value. It's a lot of blow.

2 kilos = 4.4 lbs. for those of you who use the Mighty American Weights and Measures

56 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Interesting comment, which I assume comes along with no reasonable back up.

Nothing I can really post here besides the one's that have actually been arrested. A lot of it is rumor. Lots of players have been associated with the drug. Richards n Carter, Ovi n Semin, Hudler, Heatley, Malone, Stoll, Loov, Murphy, Redden, Ribeiro, Setoguchi, Kassian, Clune, Probert, Fuhr, T Fleury, Callahan, McCarty, Giroux, Torres, Souray, Stewart, Both Kanes, Bogosian, Doughty, Kadri, Seguin, Emery, Nabokov, Phaneuf, Legwand.... I'm probably missing a bunch. Some of those guys have actual arrests you can look up and what not and some are pure rumor. Some of those rumors I trust, some I don't have a clue, just a rumor. There's probably a ton of players that kept it under wraps too that we will never know about, probably some pretty big names too. Does anyone actually believe Probie was the only guy on the 80s/90s Wings rosters blowing lines?

Remember broken old Legwand? I got to talking hockey with a bartender in Nashville around 2015ish... Apparently old Leggy was the consummate professional during the many seasons he had in Nashville. Wouldn't catch him around the bars drinking or nothing while hockey was going on. Then summer would role around and he would be up to his eye-balls in snow. Basically going on a 4 month coke bender every summer. Anyway, that's one example of a rumor I've picked up. I don't doubt it's probably true to some extent, and this bartender had seen David coked up in her bar during the summers... I just doubt it was a 4 month bender, she probably recalled it from a few separate weekends and exaggerated it, as people do. So take that for what it is, I'm just some dude on the internet.

“In the NHL, there is a lot of cocaine…I am certain, it’s not just talk. There are players everywhere who do it. If you have money you probably have access to it.”  - Viktor Loov

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/9/27/9404235/theres-a-lot-of-cocaine-in-the-nhl-viktor-loov-tells-swedish-news

Drinking/Cigarettes/Pain-Killers are also way more common among players than I think people realize, but Cocaine always seems to be the most popular one that keeps rearing its head.

Young & rich (like NHL players) is pretty much the demographic that consumes a lot of coke. It's kind of not surprising in that sense, at least to me. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nothing I can really post here besides the one's that have actually been arrested. A lot of it is rumor. Lots of players have been associated with the drug. Richards n Carter, Ovi n Semin, Hudler, Heatley, Malone, Stoll, Loov, Murphy, Redden, Ribeiro, Setoguchi, Kassian, Clune, Probert, Fuhr, T Fleury, Callahan, McCarty, Giroux, Torres, Souray, Stewart, Both Kanes, Bogosian, Doughty, Kadri, Seguin, Emery, Nabokov, Phaneuf, Legwand.... I'm probably missing a bunch. Some of those guys have actual arrests you can look up and what not and some are pure rumor. Some of those rumors I trust, some I don't have a clue, just a rumor. There's probably a ton of players that kept it under wraps too that we will never know about, probably some pretty big names too. Does anyone actually believe Probie was the only guy on the 80s/90s Wings rosters blowing lines?

Remember broken old Legwand? I got to talking hockey with a bartender in Nashville around 2015ish... Apparently old Leggy was the consummate professional during the many seasons he had in Nashville. Wouldn't catch him around the bars drinking or nothing while hockey was going on. Then summer would role around and he would be up to his eye-balls in snow. Basically going on a 4 month coke bender every summer. Anyway, that's one example of a rumor I've picked up. I don't doubt it's probably true to some extent, and this bartender had seen David coked up in her bar during the summers... I just doubt it was a 4 month bender, she probably recalled it from a few separate weekends and exaggerated it, as people do. So take that for what it is, I'm just some dude on the internet.

Drinking/Cigarettes/Pain-Killers are also way more common among players than I think people realize, but Cocaine always seems to be the most popular one that keeps rearing its head.

Young & rich (like NHL players) is pretty much the demographic that consumes a lot of coke. It's kind of not surprising in that sense, at least to me. 

Not to mention its out of one's system in no time when it comes to drug testing.

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Not to mention its out of one's system in no time when it comes to drug testing.

True. With how much these guys are working out and eating its probably out of their system faster than most ppls too. Like 24 hours or less.

I think it was Laraque who said after retiring that if the NHL implemented better drug testing half the league would mysteriously lose 20 lbs overnight (PEDs)

On 9/26/2018 at 10:26 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Article in Finnish

I know back in the 80's, and into the 90's it was a thing, but didn't realize a problem still exists today.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I know back in the 80's, and into the 90's it was a thing, but didn't realize a problem still exists today.

I don't think it ever really went away

I know you're family man, but as a young guy who stills hangs out in bars and what not, I get offered cocaine more than occasionally. It's pretty much the only "hardcore drug" that IMO seems to be socially acceptable among regular people. I think a lot of the true addicts moved on to meth and crack and what not in the 90s, but the weekend warriors and high-flying crowd stuck with the coke. 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think it ever really went away

I know you're family man, but as a young guy who stills hangs out in bars and what not, I get offered cocaine more than occasionally. It's pretty much the only "hardcore drug" that IMO seems to be socially acceptable among regular people. I think a lot of the true addicts moved on to meth and crack and what not in the 90s, but the weekend warriors and high-flying crowd stuck with the coke. 

Interesting take.

I have both Probert's, and McCarty's books...Probie def enjoyed his powder, but DMac preferred his sweet leaf which truth be told I wouldn't be surprised at all if many players enjoyed doing the same considering it's benefits, and relaxation after a exhausting game in which guys need the time to wind down from.

22 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Interesting take.

I have both Probert's, and McCarty's books...Probie def enjoyed his powder, but DMac preferred his sweet leaf which truth be told I wouldn't be surprised at all if many players enjoyed doing the same considering it's benefits, and relaxation after a exhausting game in which guys need the time to wind down from.

Are you talking about tea?

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Interesting take.

Didn't DMac say something in his book along the lines of "I'm not an alcoholic anymore cause I stopped drinking liquor" (still drinks beer)

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Didn't DMac say something in his book along the lines of "I'm not an alcoholic anymore cause I stopped drinking liquor" (still drinks beer)

Apparently he's 'allowed' a 6-pack a day...Anything else is the big ?.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Are you talking about tea?

Earl Grey ol'chap.

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

With that much powder - were the 23 guys implicated gonna split it up, and use it themselves, or try to $ell it?

Makes me think of the movie 'Trainspotting' when they acquire a sizable amount of heroine, and end up selling it off to a legit dealer in London.

Another movie where a coke deal goes down (this time very badly) is 'The Counselor'.

Edited by F.Michael