• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Neomaxizoomdweebie

MacKenzie Weeger gets revenge on Paul Byron

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, _SP_ said:

100% fair. He earned it. They dropped the gloves, no retaliatory cheap shot. Just desserts.

Agreed.

Was listening to Sirius XM NHL, and I damn near wanted to barf...Afternoon host 'Boomer'  feels there's no place for fighting in the game - even if there's 2 willing partners.

Now - I'm well past the whole 'enforcer' debate, and staged fighting, but eliminating from the game entirely?

11 minutes ago, kliq said:

What is this revenge for?

I didn't think it was a dirty hit.  Guy was going for the hit.  Split second play.  I have no issue with the Florida guy either wanting revenge for being hit.  

How come Florida players aren't equally as eager to retaliate against Max Domi for sucker punching Ekblad?  

Edited by GMRwings1983

Good clean fight they dropped gloves and squared up.

After Weegar drops Byron as he is skating away it looks like he is checking back to see if Bryon is okay.

Guy who got whacked taking care of business.  Byron gets props for being willing to answer for his actions. 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:51 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

I didn't think it was a dirty hit.  Guy was going for the hit.  Split second play.  I have no issue with the Florida guy either wanting revenge for being hit.  

How come Florida players aren't equally as eager to retaliate against Max Domi for sucker punching Ekblad?  

Did you mean to quote me? Your response seems like its directed at the topic opposed to what I asked. I didn't see the game or the backstory to the fight. The headline says "MacKenzie Weeger gets revenge on Paul Byron", so I'm truthfully asking what this "revenge" was for. I'm not saying anything was or was not dirty.

Edited by kliq

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

Did you mean to quote me? Your response seems like its directed at the topic opposed to what I asked. I didn't see the game or the backstory to the fight. The headline says "MacKenzie Weeger gets revenge on Paul Byron", so I'm truthfully asking what this "revenge" was for. I'm not saying anything was or was not dirty.

The revenge was for a hit in a prior game.  The video in the top post shows that.  I thought you were wondering like me why revenge was even needed for that hit.  

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

The revenge was for a hit in a prior game.  The video in the top post shows that.  I thought you were wondering like me why revenge was even needed for that hit.  

My bad, when I first checked the thread I just watched the one video.

The hit didn't seem that bad, didnt seem like a charge, but I cant remember the exact rule on that. He did leave the ice with his skates, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that made.

11 hours ago, kliq said:

My bad, when I first checked the thread I just watched the one video.

The hit didn't seem that bad, didnt seem like a charge, but I cant remember the exact rule on that. He did leave the ice with his skates, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that made.

I didnt think it was bad either. He got 3 games for it tho. I think its more if the NHL overcompensating for future liabilities.