• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/31 AA / Larkin in the 30 goals club GDT - Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I was pretty impressed with the open ice hit Bowey put on Marchand.  I love seeing that little punk get rocked. 

I've been pretty impressed with Bowey in general. I think he's been solid since the second or third game here, improving every game. Probably won't ever be anything more than a bottom pairing guy, but an upgrade over Daley and Ericsson in my opinion.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I've been pretty impressed with Bowey in general. I think he's been solid since the second or third game here, improving every game. Probably won't ever be anything more than a bottom pairing guy, but an upgrade over Daley and Ericsson in my opinion.

Yeah me too, he's basically another Jensen.  If he can play fast, carve out a role for himself on the PK, and be physical I could see him occupying a spot on the third pair.  I don't think he's done developing at 23 that's for sure.  Down the road I'd imagine you'd want to move him/keep him as a 7th d-man unless he really breaks out over the next season.  But I like what I've seen enough to basically give him Witkowski's job next season. 

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah me too, he's basically another Jensen.  If he can play fast, carve out a role for himself on the PK, and be physical I could see him occupying a spot on the third pair.  I don't think he's done developing at 23 that's for sure.  Down the road I'd imagine you'd want to move him/keep him as a 7th d-man unless he really breaks out over the next season.  But I like what I've seen enough to basically give him Witkowski's job next season. 

Yeah, he's still relatively young, and for a defenseman that was once thought to have top pair potential, there could still be more there. Right now, I really like him on the 3rd pair, but you never know. He may still be capable of filling a top four role in the future.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, he's still relatively young, and for a defenseman that was once thought to have top pair potential, there could still be more there. Right now, I really like him on the 3rd pair, but you never know. He may still be capable of filling a top four role in the future.

He's a righty, he's got a good frame, he skates like the wind, and he's 23.  All good reasons to keep him around for a while.  Have to figure that Cholo, Hronek, Lindstrom, McIsaac have the best shot as future top 4 guys, but more and more it seems like teams are looking for good pairs that can be used situationally rather than just sticking their 4 best guys on the top two pairs.  If he can stay cost controlled, finds a way to contribute on the PK, and pairs well with one of the more offensive lefties I think he's got a real good chance of sticking around and playing some decent minutes. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:13 PM, kipwinger said:

Witkowski is fun to have around just for the fact he fights, sort of the unofficial enforcer on the team. But other than that, I agree Bowey should get the spot over him.