• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/31 AA / Larkin in the 30 goals club GDT - Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Finishing. Bottom. Three. Doesn't. Guarantee. S***.

One thing that is all but guaranteed, is that at least one (maybe three) team(s) in the bottom 3 WILL draft outside of the top 3, and at least one (maybe three) team(s) outside of the bottom 3 WILL draft in the top 3... Like I said, if you're going to b**** and complain, you should at least wait until after the draft lottery. You're going to look so f***ing dumb if we end up winning the draft lottery due to this recent win streak.

I don't know why I even bother responding to you though because you either don't bother reading, or are too dumb to understand it.

Better odds, blah, blah, blah, blaaaaah

Getting a 7th overall pick doesn’t guarantee s*** 

if we get win the lottery I don’t give a f*** if I look stupid I’ll gladly own it but chances of that happening are slim

Here we go acting like a dumb f*** again I understand everything I just don’t agree with it , tough to understand ? Your not the messiah I don’t have to follow your lead with everything bs post you make 

you don’t like what I have to say block me if that’s even possible or better yet someone tell me how and I’ll block you myself so I don’t have to read your bs posts 

33 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I’m not going to go on for days about it, but count me among those frustrated. After watching a team play mediocre hockey at best far more often than not the last few years, we finally looked to be in a good position to land a major impact player with this lousy season, only to go out on a winning streak against teams that are checking out or cruising.

Sure, on some level it’s always nice to win, and obviously we want to see our young guys getting better, but part of this struggle is about getting back to the point where we have a chance of landing a serious draft pick. That’s not going to get easier next year. We’ll be a better team next year any way you shake it, but we’ll probably still miss the playoffs. So we miss the playoffs again next year and maybe get what, the 12th pick? Not going to make a huge impact most likely.

This year was a rare window for us, and we’ve done a great deal to blow our chances of taking advantage of that with all the winning. It’s hard not to be disappointed about late-season meaningless wins that likely will hurt our chances of being a great team in the future; I don’t think that’s a crazy sentiment. Not to mention, we look like a better free agent destination with a Hughes or Kakko in the mix, and given where we’re at now and past history, we need all the help we can get on that front. If we still end up with a great pick, fine, all the fussing was for nothing, but in the meantime, every extra win the Wings pick up stings a little bit. 

Sometimes in a season like this, I think it becomes management’s job to find a way to lose. It sucks, but it is what it is, and I have no doubt that other teams do it too.

Someone who gets it , be prepared for the “know it alls” to come at you ... bro all you need is a 5% at winning the lottery it’s all luck , be chill and enjoy it all 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Getting a 7th overall pick doesn’t guarantee s*** 

if we get win the lottery I don’t give a f*** if I look stupid I’ll gladly own it but chances of that happening are slim

Here we go acting like a dumb f*** again I understand everything I just don’t agree with it , tough to understand ? Your not the messiah I don’t have to follow your lead with everything bs post you make 

you don’t like what I have to say block me if that’s even possible or better yet someone tell me how and I’ll block you myself so I don’t have to read your bs posts 

Someone who gets it , be prepared for the “know it alls” to come at you ... bro all you need is a 5% at winning the lottery it’s all luck , be chill and enjoy it 

LOL You're the one getting mad at people for getting excited about winning... Get over yourself. You're not the "messiah"... :lol:

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL You're the one getting mad at people for getting excited about winning... Get over yourself. You're not the "messiah"... :lol:

All I said was I couldn’t believe how people are getting happy over meaningless wins I’m not like how dare they be happy and start throwing whiskey bottles across the room

Lmao your the one who needs to get over yourself man and stop acting like your Jesus Christ with your posts, everything you say is gospel 

and everyone knows of a blocking method I’m all ears 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

All I said was I couldn’t believe how people are getting happy over meaningless wins I’m not like how dare they be happy and start throwing whiskey bottles across the room

Lmao your the one who needs to get over yourself man and stop acting like your Jesus Christ with your posts, everything you say is gospel 

and everyone knows of a blocking method I’m all ears 

Such a straw man. You always come up with these false narratives. Am I saying how dare you? No. I just think it's dumb to get this upset over a few wins. Who's throwing whiskey bottles? LOL

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The sun is shining. River Monsters is back. The Wings are winning games and their young leaders are leading. The pasta's cooking on the stove.

Life is pretty ok atm.

The sun is set. The glow of the Red Wings stream is the only light that fills the room. Someone's spamming PATRICK KANE IS A RAPIST in the chat log again. The soft gurgle of the pasta boiling hums in the background. The Wings are up 6-3. Everything will be ok.

I was all about the tank. But I have to admit that these baby-style meltdowns really have me feeling the wins. I hope they go 3 - 0 to finish the season. It will also help with my prediction of a pick in the 6 - 8 range. 

Also, I have to say, my favorite is when someone says "I'm outta here, I'm done with you guys" like 6 times while always coming back for the last dig. Reminds me of childhood. 

This morning I was in Meijer and I told the cashier "GO RED WINGS!" She said, "I too love to hockey," I smiled and said "You don't have to be afraid anymore. Dylan Larkin gave us the Red Wings back" she started crying tears of joy and said "LETS GO RED WINGS" and then everyone in the store sang Don't Stop Believing.

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I was all about the tank. But I have to admit that these baby-style meltdowns really have me feeling the wins. I hope they go 3 - 0 to finish the season. It will also help with my prediction of a pick in the 6 - 8 range. 

Also, I have to say, my favorite is when someone says "I'm outta here, I'm done with you guys" like 6 times while always coming back for the last dig. Reminds me of childhood. 

I hope we win one of the two games against Pittsburgh, but if we lose the other and lose against Buffalo, I'd be fine with that. Still, I'll be watching all three games and while watching will be cheering on the boys. If we lose, cool. No sleep lost.

People can do whatever the f*** they want, but I just find it crazy that some people are watching these games and actually getting pissed off when we score or win. Or worse again, get excited when the other team scores...

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This morning I was in Meijer and I told the cashier "GO RED WINGS!" She said, "I too love to hockey," I smiled and said "You don't have to be afraid anymore. Dylan Larkin gave us the Red Wings back" she started crying tears of joy and said "LETS GO RED WINGS" and then everyone in the store sang Don't Stop Believing.

That cashier's name? Albert Filapoola.

56 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Someone who gets it , be prepared for the “know it alls” to come at you ... bro all you need is a 5% at winning the lottery it’s all luck , be chill and enjoy it all 

I’m not overly concerned. You know, decorum?

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Cause if we draft 7-10th who’s to say he’d be our new top prospect? Better than zadina?and there’s a lot more guys in 7-10th spot that don’t become solid guys compared to a top 3 guy

lot more chance our pick becomes a bust than the 1-3 picks will be ... maybe your part of the problem with this fanbase looking at pastranak dropping to Boston and think there’s Great players out there that’ll fall to our lap , if it was that easy every team would have a patrnak, kucherov 

we haven’t had a fedorov,lidstrom,konstantinov etc type picks  in 10-20 yrs but hey whatever floats your boat dude enjoy it ... done here 

Any player could bust yeah, but when a guy gets drafted in the top 10, hell most of the first round, they are a top prospect for that team. I'm hoping Zadina will be up with the big club next year and whoever we draft this year is the new top prospect. When did I ever say Pastrnak and Kucherov would fall into our laps? Although, Veleno and Zadina did so I guess we have had SOME luck with that. Hope they pan out.

Also, it's not necessarily the win that I get excited about. I get the wanting better lotto odds, but I'm excited to see our young guys play better and better every game. If we ended up losing the Boston game, I would've been equally happy about it.. that was an exciting game; something we could use much more of around here. One draft pick isn't going to magically make or break the team's rebuild. But yes, it could speed it up significantly, if we get really really lucky. 

19 minutes ago, amato said:

Any player could bust yeah, but when a guy gets drafted in the top 10, hell most of the first round, they are a top prospect for that team. I'm hoping Zadina will be up with the big club next year and whoever we draft this year is the new top prospect. When did I ever say Pastrnak and Kucherov would fall into our laps? Although, Veleno and Zadina did so I guess we have had SOME luck with that. Hope they pan out.

Also, it's not necessarily the win that I get excited about. I get the wanting better lotto odds, but I'm excited to see our young guys play better and better every game. If we ended up losing the Boston game, I would've been equally happy about it.. that was an exciting game; something we could use much more of around here. One draft pick isn't going to magically make or break the team's rebuild. But yes, it could speed it up significantly, if we get really really lucky. 

I was giving an example of teams drafting with later picks and landing a stud player , hasn’t happened to us in ages so best odds to land those are with a top pick 

We’re getting better and better in games teams aren’t giving there all anymore , bruins have been locked in at 2nd spot forever there’s no way they played they’re best so im not gonna pretend our players are breaking out just yet(Larkin and Bert aside )

it would speed it up significantly and give us what we need against the best of the best when we face them.

Zadina has the ability to be one of those guys but we need him to a scoring threat every game and become one of the best and not a mantha who shows up when he feels like it and pads up his stats 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 minutes ago, amato said:

You didn't. It's just another straw man. He does it in just about every post...

18 minutes ago, amato said:

THIS!

I'm okay with losses, but seeing the emergence of the young players is fun to watch.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope we win one of the two games against Pittsburgh, but if we lose the other and lose against Buffalo, I'd be fine with that. Still, I'll be watching all three games and while watching will be cheering on the boys. If we lose, cool. No sleep lost.

People can do whatever the f*** they want, but I just find it crazy that some people are watching these games and actually getting pissed off when we score or win. Or worse again, get excited when the other team scores...

Well I prefer we lose both games against Pittsburgh and then an absolute awesome game against Buffalo. Why you ask? Well I paid a LOT of money(rental car ,hotel, tickets) to have the privilege of sitting in the LCA and I want to see my team win while my fat butt drinks beer and chows on food.   

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You and @nyqvististhefuture are both entitled to your opinions, I'm just confused with what your expectations are.

Like are you trying to convince us all to boo the team? If so, why?

Lets pretend all 20 of us, or however many of us there are in this thread, sat at home and booed every time the Red Wings scored. Does anything change? Does Mantha suddenly not score the hatty because the boys on LGW are cheering for him to lose?

Fact is, we all know losing is better for our odds at the lottery, if only slightly. But nothing I do is gonna change what happens on the ice. We are powerless observers. So personally I'd rather enjoy the win. It's been a longgggg season of more losing. It's very nice to go out on an upbeat like this. Especially with a team of almost entirely of prospects. I'm really hoping these young guys take this confidence into the off-season this summer and hit the ground running in the fall.

So I guess I'm kinda giving you the glass half full glass half empty lecture. You can sit at home and go "Oh no, oh no, this is bad, this is bad for our top 3 pick chances" but it won't help at all.

It should go without saying, but you're gonna have a hard time asking any hardcore fan to ever cheer against their team.

Well said.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I was giving an example of teams drafting with later picks and landing a stud player , hasn’t happened to us in ages so best odds to land those are with a top pick 

We’re getting better and better in games teams aren’t giving there all anymore , bruins have been locked in at 2nd spot forever there’s no way they played they’re best so im not gonna pretend our players are breaking out just yet(Larkin and Bert aside )

it would speed it up significantly and give us what we need against the best of the best when we face them.

Zadina has the ability to be one of those guys but we need him to a scoring threat every game and become one of the best and not a mantha who shows up when he feels like it and pads up his stats 

I don't know about ages.. Larkin at 15 is starting to look like about as big of a steal as Pastrnak. And Pasta gets to play with better linemates (at least for the time being). I also don't buy the made up "teams aren't trying anymore" argument.. it's a little too convenient to just say that. Both teams were skating hard last night and the wings had more bounces go their way, it happens. 

But yeah, hopefully Zadina take a big step forward next year for sure, he's got the ability. And I'll agree that some more consistency out of Mantha would be nice.. but I think he's slowly getting better in that department - especially with his patience with the puck. 

Edited by amato

6 minutes ago, amato said:

I don't know about ages.. Larkin at 15 is starting to look like about as big of a steal as Pastrnak. And Pasta gets to play with better linemates (at least for the time being). I also don't buy the made up "teams aren't trying anymore" argument.. it's a little too convenient to just say that. Both teams were skating hard last night and the wings had more bounces go their way, it happens. 

But yeah, hopefully Zadina take a big step forward next year for sure, he's got the ability. And I'll agree that some more consistency out of Mantha would be nice.. but I think he's slowly getting better in that department - especially with his patience with the puck. 

Larkin is a steal and that doesn’t happen every year That’s why it’s better odds relying on a top 3 pick than hoping we just keep getting star players in the 7-10 range yearly, doesn’t happen 

and as great as Larkin has been I don’t know if he might be better off being suited as a great #2c

One might say its a little convenient to believe they try hard every game to make ourselves think we’re currently better than we are. If you don’t believe top teams take games off and take teams for granted at this stage of the season I don’t know what to tell you, agree to disagree 

well let’s hope that’s the case with mantha, I’ve liked him a lot since we drafted him  but he’s already turning 25 and by the time this team might be able to make some noise and finally get in the playoffs on a yearly basis he might just be walking out the door as a ufa, I’d strongly consider trading him if it meant we can land a top notch dman prospect with veleno and zadina etc...

Maybe if an oilers somehow fluke themselves into a #4-5 spot again and we can move mantha cause they’re so desperate for wingers to play with mcdavid and we turn that move into a byram is something I’d have to think about 

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I don’t care if you root for the tank or for wins(or both) but if you don’t enjoy winning 6-3 over Boston something must be seriosly wrong. Snap out of it!

No, you don't understand. We were second from the bottom for a few days and now we're fifth from the bottom so it's basically the end of the world.