• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/31 AA / Larkin in the 30 goals club GDT - Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, TLGTrico said:

Not if we want this team to get out of the basement.

Your worry will not change how the team plays or how the lotto goes, is my point. it's pointless.. unlike the wings lately. 

besides, fourth from last is winning the lotto. we're playing right into the winning spot. :P

5 minutes ago, amato said:

Your worry will not change how the team plays or how the lotto goes, is my point. it's pointless.. unlike the wings lately. 

besides, fourth from last is winning the lotto. we're playing right into the winning spot. :P

But we're fifth from the bottom now.  And believe me, I'll be humbled if we win the lottery

15 minutes ago, amato said:

No one's guaranteed a top 3 pick at any point during the season. 

Nope but we were guaranteed better odds and the way we’re playing were surely headed towards a later 7-10 pick and anyone else who hopes to god we gee gosh molly get a top 3 pick cause of hockey gods are being gullible and not realistic 

35 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Honest question here...Do you realize what you're posting?

Buffalo/Edmonton are the armpit of the league for 10 plus years along with their draft picks.

Here we are with our 'kids' giving a solid playoff franchise in the Bruins a run for their $$$.

Licking the urinal cake doesn't make you any better...It just makes you more tolerant of it's flavor in doing so year after year which is what some of our competition has done for quite some time.

Don't get me wrong - losing def sucks.....But I'd rather see us losing while competitive than losing while pathetic.

Oh give me a break man your not being realistic if you think this team will compete against Tb,tor,bos if kept throwing away top 3 franchise game changing guys ... your proving my point your getting brainwashed that our kids are taking it to the bruins! Yeeee haaa ... at game 79 where the bruins are without a doubt taking s*** more easy and not competing as hard as you’d like to believe, f*** we should have given Jake chelios a starting job game 1 we’d have made the playoffs haha

your in for a rude awakening next season , you laugh at edm and buff but we’re year 3 no playoffs and it’s not ending anytime soon  ...hey but at least we’re losing while being competitive! If we go ten years like this without getting the mcdavids of the draft I can sleep easy knowing at least we gave the best of the best a hard time during games 72-80 of the seasons 

26 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Looks at your username

Your predictions for the future of this team seem accurate. :lol:

Doesn’t mean this ones wrong ;) 

if you seriously think we’ll be competive and think we have a chance of making the playoffs next couple years your f***en delusional 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

23 minutes ago, amato said:

right, no one would complain about that at all.... worrying about our draft spot is pointless. 

If your 7-10 all season at the bottom it’s one thing.. we been a steaming pile of s*** from games 1-72 and now we’re gonna throw away a game changing pick for a feel good mighty ducks moment where at least Charlie probably banged the chick and we end up with the chicks ugly sister 

19 minutes ago, amato said:

Buffalo just passed us

guess we lost the lottery ...looks like you’ll  finally open your eyes and stop living in a dreamworld

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's like they think the results will be different if we all stop cheering for the team lol 

Not that but the fact your all so happy is baffling .... dont complain then when we suck next year, year after that , and so on , and so on and so on

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Buffalo just passed us

guess we lost the lottery ...looks like you’ll  finally open your eyes and stop living in a dreamworld

Players keep playing despite draft position. Fans still enjoy watching their team win despite draft position. It's messed up, but that's clownworld. Honk honk

6azdygayt1k21.gif

I'm so confused... I thought for sure the draft lottery was scheduled for April 9th, only to come on here and realize that we already lost... Well s***, that sucks...

Oh wait. What? The lottery hasn't happened yet? We still have a chance? Awesome!

59 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’m being a realist , this team is going nowhere drafting 8-10 repeatedly we had a top 3 pick all season long and pissed it away literally 

we’re not gonna do s*** for next 5 years but yet most of the ppl here happy tonight will be complaining when we don’t make the playoffs again and again

Don’t jump off that ledge year 7 with no playoffs 

No, you're not being a realist. A realist would tell you everything everyone has been telling you all night. It's a f***ing lottery. There's no guarantee one way or the other. I'm not sure if you know the odds, because they're not great at the bottom, and they don't drop off significantly beyond that.

Being 31st overall, you have less than a 1 in 5 shot at number one overall, and a 50/50 shot of dropping outside of the top three. We lost a whole 2.7% drafting top three tonight. Big f***ing deal... The odds of someone in the 4-8 (28th-24th) range picking in the top three is actually really high. Who's to say that won't be us? I think we're due for a bit of luck. And if we don't jump up, I'll bet anything that it will have come down to a point or two in the standings. Maybe we should have lost one more game, or maybe we should have won one more game... We won't know until after the lottery balls have dropped. Quit b****ing and moaning. We still have a chance to draft that franchise changing player, and regardless, this is an extremely deep draft, and there's always that possibility that whoever we draft in the top 8 could be the best player of the draft anyway... Get over yourself dude. You don't know s***, and you sound like a whiney little *****...

Anyway, another great f***ing game from the young guys. Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi and Hronek have been playing lights out. We still need a couple pieces for sure, but there's some good one's still on their way and another big draft coming up. Hard not to be excited about the future of this team... but of course, some people will always find a way... 

3 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I've decided to try and keep my pro tank opinions to myself for the remaining 3 games.

Are you watching the games, actively rooting for losses? Because to me, that's f***ed up. Did you boo your TV screen when you seen Mantha score the hat-trick? Did you curse when you seen Hirose score his first NHL goal? What about when Hronek scored that beauty one-timer? Did you cheer when the Bruins scored?...

I have no issue with people being pro-tank, in the sense that you don't get upset about losses, but never hope your team loses. That's dumb in my opinion. Tonight was one of the best Red Wings games all year, and I for one, and so happy they pulled out the W.

Anyway, you do you. Same with nyquististhefuture... But just don't be too over the top with the bulls*** like that dude is... Or do... whatever...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Are you watching the games, actively rooting for losses? Because to me, that's f***ed up. Did you boo your TV screen when you seen Mantha score the hat-trick? Did you curse when you seen Hirose score his first NHL goal? What about when Hronek scored that beauty one-timer? Did you cheer when the Bruins scored?...

I have no issue with people being pro-tank, in the sense that you don't get upset about losses, but never hope your team loses. That's dumb in my opinion. Tonight was one of the best Red Wings games all year, and I for one, and so happy they pulled out the W.

Anyway, you do you. Same with nyquististhefuture... But just don't be too over the top with the bulls*** like that dude is... Or do... whatever...

Oh I did worse than boo, I cursed.  Dropped an f bomb on Mantha's second goal actually.

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm so confused... I thought for sure the draft lottery was scheduled for April 9th, only to come on here and realize that we already lost... Well s***, that sucks...

Oh wait. What? The lottery hasn't happened yet? We still have a chance? Awesome!

No, you're not being a realist. A realist would tell you everything everyone has been telling you all night. It's a f***ing lottery. There's no guarantee one way or the other. I'm not sure if you know the odds, because they're not great at the bottom, and they don't drop off significantly beyond that.

Being 31st overall, you have less than a 1 in 5 shot at number one overall, and a 50/50 shot of dropping outside of the top three. We lost a whole 2.7% drafting top three tonight. Big f***ing deal... The odds of someone in the 4-8 (28th-24th) range picking in the top three is actually really high. Who's to say that won't be us? I think we're due for a bit of luck. And if we don't jump up, I'll bet anything that it will have come down to a point or two in the standings. Maybe we should have lost one more game, or maybe we should have won one more game... We won't know until after the lottery balls have dropped. Quit b****ing and moaning. We still have a chance to draft that franchise changing player, and regardless, this is an extremely deep draft, and there's always that possibility that whoever we draft in the top 8 could be the best player of the draft anyway... Get over yourself dude. You don't know s***, and you sound like a whiney little *****...

Anyway, another great f***ing game from the young guys. Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi and Hronek have been playing lights out. We still need a couple pieces for sure, but there's some good one's still on their way and another big draft coming up. Hard not to be excited about the future of this team... but of course, some people will always find a way... 

It’s a f***en lottery yes and everyone would tell you with a worse record you have better odds what’s not to f***en understand ? Hey why don’t you go tell montreal not to give up cause they have a 1% chance of winning ... know why ? Cause they won’t Likely bloody f***en win

i don’t understand what the problem is ? You want us to have the 7th best odds to win or 2nd? Or 3rd? If we’re in this spot all year then fine it is what it is , fact is we s*** the bed completely for games 1-72 and we’re throwing away our chances of getting a bonafied star just so you guys can bukkake each other cause we’re winning meaningless games and our kids are finally developing cause mantha got 6 pts !

its not just about the odds of 1st pick , it’s the odds of a top 3 pick slipping but hey big whoop! If we pass the ducks next who cares 

you think we’re due a bit of luck? You know who else thinks they’re due a bit of luck?nj?la?buff?

oh ya sure there’s a chance whoever we draft at 8th can be better than kakko or hughes .... cause the same s*** was said at the crosby draft, or Matthews, mcdavid but hey whatever bs you gotta believe go for it (and no I’m not saying anyone this year is as good as those guys) 

Get over myself I don’t know s*** ... coming from the guy now spewing a bunch of bs like he knows s*** ... the f*** outta here man, you don’t wanna read what I have to say that’s fine but F off with your bs 

Ya some people will always find a way to look at a fictitious future 

2 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Oh I did worse than boo, I cursed.  Dropped an f bomb on Mantha's second goal actually.

Some people don’t get it and like to pretend franchise game changing players fall on your lap magically in the 8th spot in a yearly basis ... nice dreamworld 

12 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I've decided to try and keep my pro tank opinions to myself for the remaining 3 games.

You and @nyqvististhefuture are both entitled to your opinions, I'm just confused with what your expectations are.

Like are you trying to convince us all to boo the team? If so, why?

Lets pretend all 20 of us, or however many of us there are in this thread, sat at home and booed every time the Red Wings scored. Does anything change? Does Mantha suddenly not score the hatty because the boys on LGW are cheering for him to lose?

Fact is, we all know losing is better for our odds at the lottery, if only slightly. But nothing I do is gonna change what happens on the ice. We are powerless observers. So personally I'd rather enjoy the win. It's been a longgggg season of more losing. It's very nice to go out on an upbeat like this. Especially with a team of almost entirely of prospects. I'm really hoping these young guys take this confidence into the off-season this summer and hit the ground running in the fall.

So I guess I'm kinda giving you the glass half full glass half empty lecture. You can sit at home and go "Oh no, oh no, this is bad, this is bad for our top 3 pick chances" but it won't help at all.

It should go without saying, but you're gonna have a hard time asking any hardcore fan to ever cheer against their team.

You know what, I'll confess.  I went to a game against Tampa in early December, and if that game wasn't so d**n entertaining to watch, I probably would have been disappointed with the loss.  So I can definitely understand why people who pay to watch the team live would want a win.

As for my expectations, I don't expect anyone to boo or root against their team.  However, I'm more worried at the prospect of losing the lottery than I am excited about winning it.

Edited by TLGTrico

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You and @nyqvististhefuture are both entitled to your opinions, I'm just confused with what your expectations are.

Like are you trying to convince us all to boo the team? If so, why?

Lets pretend all 20 of us, or however many of us there are in this thread, sat at home and booed every time the Red Wings scored. Does anything change? Does Mantha suddenly not score the hatty because the boys on LGW are cheering for him to lose?

Fact is, we all know losing is better for our odds at the lottery, if only slightly. But nothing I do is gonna change what happens on the ice. We are powerless observers. So personally I'd rather enjoy the win. It's been a longgggg season of more losing. It's very nice to go out on an upbeat like this. Especially with a team of almost entirely of prospects. I'm really hoping these young guys take this confidence into the off-season this summer and hit the ground running in the fall.

So I guess I'm kinda giving you the glass half full glass half empty lecture. You can sit at home and go "Oh no, oh no, this is bad, this is bad for our top 3 pick chances" but it won't help at all.

It should go without saying, but you're gonna have a hard time asking any hardcore fan to ever cheer against their team.

Hey you guys are all entitled to do whatever the f you want , feel how you want just like I am and Im just dumbfounded that everyone seems cool with throwing away a game changing player when the facts are for games 1-72 we were absolute s*** and headed that way(yes I know it’s a lottery bla la ) and had one coming to Motown almost surely and now we win meaningless hockey games where let’s face it teams aren’t trying as hard down the stretch and everyone’s loving it cause they believe we’re so great and were headed in the right direction etc..

if these games happened months ago it be something to be excited about it but I’m not going crazy over meaningless wins late and thinking we’re gonna be competing and giving teams a run for their money next year , cause we won’t 

And with this late in the game looking ahead at the bigger picture and future of this team landing a bonafied star and looking increasingly more like we’re gonna lose the chance these wins don’t bring joy to me and I’m anxiously waiting for this season to just be over and done with 

you can say I’m not a hardcore fan and honestly I don’t care I’ve been rooting for wings since yzerman came in and again I’m not thinking about the now I’m thinking about the distant future of the team and what’s best . You wanna enjoy these wins and see something there I don’t and won’t ever see by all means go for it , enjoy these last few games I’ll enjoy it when game 82 is done