• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As was already discussed, I think Seider could use some time (half to full season) in Grand Rapids. Seider isn't in any way being ruined by spending some time in the minors. He will still (likely) play in the NHL before his 19th birthday. That's pretty amazing for a defenseman in the Red Wings organization... I would have to think he will be the youngest to make the team in any of our lives, maybe ever?...

What will Cholowski learn from Daley that he can't learn from him off the ice? Like I mentioned several times now, Daley was amongst the leagues worst defensemen last season, and not far off the season before. He's a liability every time he's on the ice. So, if you mean Cholowski will learn more because he will have to cover for Daley's ineptitude, sure... Cholowski and Bowey are better defensemen at this point in their respective careers. Daley SUCKS!

Daley has consistently over his career been far better at defense than Bowey ever will be. His age may have caught up with him, but his experience and mental acuity at the position are a far better benefit to Cholowskis development than Bowey's. Daley has played over 1000 games in the NHL. And Bowey? Barely 100. Yes. I think Cholowski is better served playing with Daley than Bowey. And I know you know this, but it's not just games. D pairs usually play together in practice too. Big help to DC being paired with TD there as well. Probably more so than actual games. He learns how to play better defense (where he needs improvement) from Daley in practice and they put it into practice during games. Makes perfect sense to me.

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As was already discussed, I think Seider could use some time (half to full season) in Grand Rapids. Seider isn't in any way being ruined by spending some time in the minors. He will still (likely) play in the NHL before his 19th birthday. That's pretty amazing for a defenseman in the Red Wings organization... I would have to think he will be the youngest to make the team in any of our lives, maybe ever?...

Nope I want him on the roster NOW. My patience with Yzerman is at its end.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Daley has consistently over his career been far better at defense than Bowey ever will be. His age may have caught up with him, but his experience and mental acuity at the position are a far better benefit to Cholowskis development than Bowey's. Daley has played over 1000 games in the NHL. And Bowey? Barely 100. Yes. I think Cholowski is better served playing with Daley than Bowey. And I know you know this, but it's not just games. D pairs usually play together in practice too. Big help to DC being paired with TD there as well. Probably more so than actual games. He learns how to play better defense (where he needs improvement) from Daley in practice and they put it into practice during games. Makes perfect sense to me.

The guy that is 11 1/2 years older has played more NHL games, and has more NHL experience? Really?... He hasn't "consistently over his career been far better at defense", because just last season that wasn't the case. The last dozen games when Bowey finally started to feel comfortable with his new team in particular. You can continue to think and say that Daley is better or in any way a positive to this team, but it's not going to make it true. Was he good in his day? For sure. Is he good now? Not at all...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The guy that is 11 1/2 years older has played more NHL games, and has more NHL experience? Really?... He hasn't "consistently over his career been far better at defense", because just last season that wasn't the case. The last dozen games when Bowey finally started to feel comfortable with his new team in particular. You can continue to think and say that Daley is better or in any way a positive to this team, but it's not going to make it true. Was he good in his day? For sure. Is he good now? Not at all...

You're comparing one season. I'm talking about his entire career. Daley has been, over his career, a better defenseman than Bowey is now, or will ever be IMO. Even if Bowey's career eventually reaches the level of Daley's someday (doubt it), that doesnt make him suited to mentor younger guys NOW. Even IF Bowey is better NOW, that doesnt make him a better fit to play with a young, developing Dman, which Bowey still is himself.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You're comparing one season. I'm talking about his entire career. Daley has been, over his career, a better defenseman than Bowey is now, or will ever be IMO. Even if Bowey's career eventually reaches the level of Daley's someday (doubt it), that doesnt make him suited to mentor younger guys NOW. 

What do you think is more indicative of the way Daley and Bowey will play next season? The way they played last season? Or the way they played when Daley was in his prime and Bowey was in pee-wee? Of course I'm comparing the most recent season...

Daley has gotten progressively worse the past several seasons. What makes you believe next season will be any different?

11 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Even IF Bowey is better NOW, that doesnt make him a better fit to play with a young, developing Dman, which Bowey still is himself.

This is the dumb type of thinking that will see Zadina playing with Nielsen next season instead of Larkin or Veleno because Nielsen is "experienced" (never mind the fact that he sucks...), and the other centers are still developing themselves...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

What do you think is more indicative of the way Daley and Bowey will play next season? The way they played last season? Or the way they played when Daley was in his prime and Bowey was in pee-wee? Of course I'm comparing the most recent season...

Daley has gotten progressively worse the past several seasons. What makes you believe next season will be any different?

This is the dumb type of thinking that will see Zadina playing with Nielsen next season instead of Larkin or Veleno because Nielsen is "experienced" (never mind the fact that he sucks...), and the other centers are still developing themselves...

Not for nothing, but both AA and Larkin has spoken (many times) about how much playing with an over-the-hill Vanek improved their offensive games.  And both AA and Larkin were better players than Vanek.

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not for nothing, but both AA and Larkin has spoken (many times) about how much playing with an over-the-hill Vanek improved their offensive games.  And both AA and Larkin were better players than Vanek.

Players often say things that are not necessarily true to the media, especially regarding teammates... What would you expect them to say? "Vanek is old, slow and he sucks"... Probably not...

Even if they really, truly thought Vanek benefitted them on the ice, I don't buy it. Sure he had a few sweet behind the back, backdoor passes to Athanasiou. He benefited from those few plays specifically, but overall, I think Vanek weighed Athanasiou's line down...

Back to Daley... I'm not doubting his hockey IQ. I'm sure there are things he can teach the young guys, but he can tell them what to do, because he sure as s*** can't show them what to do anymore... He doesn't need to play the games to do that.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Players often say things that are not necessarily true to the media, especially regarding teammates... What would you expect them to say? "Vanek is old, slow and he sucks"... Probably not...

Even if they really, truly thought Vanek benefitted them on the ice, I don't buy it. Sure he had a few sweet behind the back, backdoor passes to Athanasiou. He benefited from those few plays specifically, but overall, I think Vanek weighed Athanasiou's line down...

Back to Daley... I'm not doubting his hockey IQ. I'm sure there are things he can teach the young guys, but he can tell them what to do, because he sure as s*** can't show them what to do anymore... He doesn't need to play the games to do that.

Well they didn't say the same things about Abdelkader or Helm so I'm guessing there's something to it.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If asked, I'm sure they would.

Or maybe, just maybe, playing with a veteran is better for young players than you're willing to admit.  Hence why young players seem to like it, and why NHL coaches keep doing it. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Or maybe, just maybe, playing with a veteran is better for young players than you're willing to admit.  Hence why young players seem to like it, and why NHL coaches keep doing it. 

Veterans, sure. Washed up veterans, that AGAIN have been amongst the worst in the league the past couple years, probably not...

Veterans, sure. Washed up veterans, that AGAIN have been amongst the worst in the league the past couple years, probably not...

I think it's a stretch to say Nielsen is "washed up" and amongst the worst players in the league, as per your original example that I responded to.  You make it seem like Zadina being centered by Nielsen next year would be some awful situation for the kid, when in reality that's probably the exact kind of usage you want to give someone when they're adjusting slowly. 

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think it's a stretch to say Nielsen is "washed up" and amongst the worst players in the league, as per your original example that I responded to.  You make it seem like Zadina being centered by Nielsen next year would be some awful situation for the kid, when in reality that's probably the exact kind of usage you want to give someone when they're adjusting slowly. 

I never said that Nielsen is amongst the worst players in the league. That was Daley. I said Nielsen sucks, and in my opinion he does suck.

I disagree that Cholowski will benefit more from playing with Daley, than he would Bowey, and I also disagree that Zadina would benefit more from playing with Nielsen, than he would Larkin.

I never said that Nielsen is amongst the worst players in the league. That was Daley. I said Nielsen sucks, and in my opinion he does suck.

I disagree that Cholowski will benefit more from playing with Daley, than he would Bowey, and I also disagree that Zadina would benefit more from playing with Nielsen, than he would Larkin.

Is the point that the team be better or the player be better?  Because having Zadina with Larkin means one of Mantha or Bert isn't.  And even the most optimistic projections probably don't have Zadina outperforming Bert or Mantha on the top line next year.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Is the point that the team be better or the player be better?  Because having Zadina with Larkin means one of Mantha or Bert isn't.  And even the most optimistic projections probably don't have Zadina outperforming Bert or Mantha on the top line next year.

The point is for the team to be better and the player be put in the best situation to develop (get better)...

The team and Cholowski would be better off now and in the future paired with Bowey, rather than Daley.

The team and Zadina would be better off next season and in the future centered by Larkin or Veleno, rather than Nielsen.

My opinion...

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Seethe more team Seider 

Ha I am coping just fine. My coping skills are off the charts. Everyone says I'm the best at coping. I even implemented an elaborate coping mechanism where Yzerman doesn't even run this team and Darth Devellano does, so I don't have to be mad at my hero Yzerman. Your coping game is weak like Zadina by comparison. Suck it. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ha I am coping just fine. My coping skills are off the charts. Everyone says I'm the best at coping. I even implemented an elaborate coping mechanism where Yzerman doesn't even run this team and Darth Devellano does, so I don't have to be mad at my hero Yzerman. Your coping game is weak like Zadina by comparison. Suck it. 

If CRL was a tool (He’s not) he’d be this:

B3176DEA-EE48-4D18-9591-BF522E848813.jpeg

46 minutes ago, TheXym said:

It's okay, I kinda am

34 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I read here only sporadically lately, but I'm a little amused remembering how I had to defend Mo right after the draft, when everybody was quick hating the pick. Now I take a look and its the same people, same drama, now on the hype train. Crazy.

Tean Zadina 101

Watch them turn on him again. You can’t trust anyone on team Seider. They are all trolls  

1 hour ago, TheXym said:

More like: 

lCv0J7nh.jpg