• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

let us remember that Nick Lidstrom was real gud before his rookie season, but playing with The Beast Brad McCrimmon (RIP) is what developed him into the perfect human he was.  that being said, Trevor Daley is not Brad McCrimmon.  So Yzerman needs to get on the phone and acquire Ryan Suter to be that "vet" to teach Puppy Chow and then one day, Seider to be complete D-men.

Get it done Steve, get it done.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

let us remember that Nick Lidstrom was real gud before his rookie season, but playing with The Beast Brad McCrimmon (RIP) is what developed him into the perfect human he was.  that being said, Trevor Daley is not Brad McCrimmon.  So Yzerman needs to get on the phone and acquire Ryan Suter to be that "vet" to teach Puppy Chow and then one day, Seider to be complete D-men.

He's back.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's back.

Not entirely, because I do agree, Trevor Daley is better than Bowey for teaching Puppy Chow, but if I am really wanting the yoots to learn from a top tier Vet and not a washed up Vet, I need to acquire one.

discliamer: This idea is in no way bashing Steve Yzerman, like I used to bash Holland a couple of years ago...ok a year ago June.

57 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yup, Lidstrom playing parts of two seasons with McCrimmon is the reason he went down as one of the best defensemen of all time... Who knows what Lidstrom would have become if it weren't for the guidance of The Beast... May have ended up back in Sweden after a year or two... Who knows...

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Your favorite Red Wings are back

Svechnikov couldn't even force Ehn or DLR out of the lineup

It's about development for these guys (Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Seider). Also, Svech is coming off a pretty serious injury causing him to miss a full year of hockey. I'm sure they want to be extra cautious with him. They'll eventually ease him back in.

This season is a write off. Let them continue to develop, gain chemistry and build confidence in a winning environment. They'll all likely get a look at some point this season, and be up full time by next season.

I know this team is painful to watch right now, but not a single person, including those in the Red Wings organization (Yzerman / Blashill), believe Erne, Ehn, de la Rose, Nielsen or Daley are better than the 5 kids mentioned...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It's about development for these guys (Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Seider). Also, Svech is coming off a pretty serious injury causing him to miss a full year of hockey. I'm sure they want to be extra cautious with him. They'll eventually ease him back in.

This season is a write off. Let them continue to develop, gain chemistry and build confidence in a winning environment. They'll all likely get a look at some point this season, and be up full time by next season.

I know this team is painful to watch right now, but not a single person, including those in the Red Wings organization (Yzerman / Blashill), believe Erne, Ehn, de la Rose, Nielsen or Daley are better than the 5 kids mentioned...

Devellano likes his team...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Wouldn't Veleno need to start scoring points, or even a point, before we can pencil him into the Red Wings lineup next year? 

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Wouldn't Veleno need to start scoring points, or even a point, before we can pencil him into the Red Wings lineup next year? 

Zadina still looking slow weak and lost as well

Rasmussen and McIlrath in big boi beast mode thou

Also Pickard sux and Larsson rulez

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, you're right. He's gone pointless through his first three pro games, which probably means he's going to go pointless all season... Clearly a bust...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, you're right. He's gone pointless through his first three pro games, which probably means he's going to go pointless all season... Clearly a bust...

Or maybe he's got more developing to do and as a result it might be unrealistic to think he'll be on the big club next year. 

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Or maybe he's got more developing to do and as a result it might be unrealistic to think he'll be on the big club next year. 

... or maybe not... 

I just finished saying how we need to be patient with these prospects this season, but at the same time, it wouldn't shock me at all if all five are regulars at some point next season... You come flying in with your know-it-all bulls*** about how Veleno needs to produce before he makes the jump to the NHL... Well, no s***! He has a full season to do that, and I'm sure he will.

Question for ya... Have you watched any of the three Griffins games so far this season? I've watched all three and Veleno has looked good. The production will come.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

... or maybe not... 

I just finished saying how we need to be patient with these prospects this season, but at the same time, it wouldn't shock me at all if all five are regulars at some point next season... You come flying in with your know-it-all bulls*** about how Veleno needs to produce before he makes the jump to the NHL... Well, no s***! He has a full season to do that, and I'm sure he will.

Question for ya... Have you watched any of the three Griffins games so far this season? I've watched all three and Veleno has looked good. The production will come.

You said, "They'll all likely get a look at some point this season, and be up full time by next season."  Seems like the opposite of patient. 

Edit:  Also, which part makes me a know-it-all?  The part about Veleno not having any points?  He doesn't.  Or the part about him not making the big club if he doesn't start scoring?  He won't.  Seems pretty obvious to me. 

Edited by kipwinger

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You said, "They'll all likely get a look at some point this season, and be up full time by next season."  Seems like the opposite of patient. 

Edit:  Also, which part makes me a know-it-all?  The part about Veleno not having any points?  He doesn't.  Or the part about him not making the big club if he doesn't start scoring?  He won't.  Seems pretty obvious to me. 

Impatient, is all the fans that want all of these prospects up NOW! Patient, is giving them this season to develop, and re-evaluating next season. Of course they need to produce. I think they will, which is why I think they'll be ready a year from now. Funny how you only mentioned Veleno though. Do you think Zadina is more NHL ready because of his one goal? Seider, with his one assist? 

Regula and Tuomisto are off to strong starts, but no one is talking about that great big f***** Soderblom from camp.

He had 17 pts in 44 games in the Swedish SuperElit league last year.

This year he's back there again and already has 13 pts in 11 games. 9 of which are goals. Matching his goal total from last year in, on the dot, 1/4 less games.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Impatient, is all the fans that want all of these prospects up NOW! Patient, is giving them this season to develop, and re-evaluating next season. Of course they need to produce. I think they will, which is why I think they'll be ready a year from now. Funny how you only mentioned Veleno though. Do you think Zadina is more NHL ready because of his one goal? Seider, with his one assist? 

So you agree with me then.  He needs to produce or else it's unrealistic to think he'll make the Red Wings next year.  That's what I said to begin with.  Not sure why you got your panties in a bunch. 

Edited by kipwinger

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Seider is the only one that should be on the team NOW

But I think Ras is going to make a strong argument for that as well this year

Everyone else sucks ass

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

So you agree with me then.  He needs to produce or else it's unrealistic to think he'll make the Red Wings next year.  That's what I said to begin with.  Not sure why you got your panties in a bunch. 

Do you think it's realistic to think a player as talented as Veleno could play 76 games and not produce? It was a dumb thing to say. But you say a lot of dumb things, so whatevs...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Do you think it's realistic to think a player as talented as Veleno could play 76 games and not produce? It was a dumb thing to say. But you say a lot of dumb things, so whatevs...

You thought I was suggesting he wasn't going to score a single point all season?  Rather than the obvious point I was making, which was that it's premature to pencil him into next year's lineup (as you already have) before he's scored a single point in the AHL?

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You thought I was suggesting he wasn't going to score a single point all season?  Rather than the obvious point I was making, which was that it's premature to pencil him into next year's lineup (as you already have) before he's scored a single point in the AHL?

You said it. So let's pretend you meant something other than what you said. You singled out Veleno. It's premature to pencil him in (because he has no points), but it's not premature to pencil Zadina or Seider in, because they each have one whole point... Got it. I'll wait until Veleno puts up a point before I make such a wacky claim...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You said it. So let's pretend you meant something other than what you said. You singled out Veleno. It's premature to pencil him in (because he has no points), but it's not premature to pencil Zadina or Seider in, because they each have one whole point... Got it. I'll wait until Veleno puts up a point before I make such a wacky claim...

In what bizarro world did I say ANY of those guys will be on the team next year?  I'll wait. 

Also, I originally said this: " Wouldn't Veleno need to start scoring points, or even a point, before we can pencil him into the Red Wings lineup next year?".  That isn't even close to saying "Veleno won't score all year". 

So again, what are you arguing about?  I never said he wouldn't score at all, and I never said any of the five guys you mentioned (let alone all of them) would be on the team.  

Edited by kipwinger